/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Am I being intolerant or judging?

AminaL
07-17-2016, 11:06 AM
Assalam alaykum, sisters and brothers.

My question is that I seem to be very sensitive about others' behavior. If someone behaves inappropriate, impolite or inconsiderate, I feel so uncomfortable, so offended. Sometimes I couldn't sleep thinking why people would behave in this way, and feel disappointed to the human nature. But I guess most people don't get so offended, and would just let it go after a short time. At least I witness this easygoing all the time from my husband.

Am I being too sensitive? Is it a way of intolerant or judging? How can I get over it? It feels more and more like self-torture now.

Thanks a lot!

Assalam alaykum!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muslim Woman
07-17-2016, 11:58 AM
:wa:

yes sis , looks like you are very sensitive , emotional . Try to avoid rude people . Don't let other people's action ruin your sleep . Make dua for them .

May Allah help you to face the reality .

Umm Malik
07-17-2016, 02:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AminaL
Assalam alaykum, sisters and brothers.

My question is that I seem to be very sensitive about others' behavior. If someone behaves inappropriate, impolite or inconsiderate, I feel so uncomfortable, so offended. Sometimes I couldn't sleep thinking why people would behave in this way, and feel disappointed to the human nature. But I guess most people don't get so offended, and would just let it go after a short time. At least I witness this easygoing all the time from my husband.

Am I being too sensitive? Is it a way of intolerant or judging? How can I get over it? It feels more and more like self-torture now.

Thanks a lot!

Assalam alaykum!
I am like you somewhat
I feel like this but ask yourself If i am in this situation ... how I like other to treat me ??
And i remember this ayah

You [yourselves] were like that before; then Allah conferred His favor upon you, so investigate. Indeed Allah is ever, with what you do, Acquainted.

"And they may be better than me one day"
And when I think of them a lot I just try to advice them and remind myself by this ayah "which means in English"
( 108 ) Say, "O mankind, the truth has come to you from your Lord, so whoever is guided is only guided for [the benefit of] his soul, and whoever goes astray only goes astray [in violation] against it. And I am not over you a manager."(hud)

( 6 ) Then perhaps you would kill yourself through grief over them, [O Muhammad], if they do not believe in this message, [and] out of sorrow.(alkahf)

( 82 ) But if they turn away, [O Muhammad] - then only upon you is [responsibility for] clear notification. (Annahl)

And at the end
Remember they need your advice , your good treating , and your doua that's what you need to do And Allah is Disposer of all things.

Try to change them and you need to know how ... because all of us want to be good and even we know some times that is the truth but we may feel weak or used it or some people don't like advices eespecially if he is a husband he want to be great in his wife's eyes so you need to see to advise him by indirect way and Allah will reward you in every trying to help him to be good
Be patient , strive , and do your efforts ... and after all this things know that is what you have to do and Allah will do the rest
Every one you see or meet is a test for you and you will be a test for Him .. so help him to be in Jannah
I know a parson who was a alcoholic and his wife was patient with him because her family don't accept to her to divorce and Allah reward her and her husband get a good parson he repent to Allah and now he regret and get good
You need just to feel them and to ask Allah to guide them .. but don't kill yourself for them
:) your sister Maryam

*Yasmin*
07-18-2016, 12:15 AM
W3lelum assalam
I can relate to your feelings ...
I suffered a lot from my sensitivity towards people and situations .

Now... I just try to distract myself with something useful, instead of overthinking about the incidents and bad behaviors ... And I try to find excuses for others...

May Allah bless you and grant you tranquility and peace of mind and soul.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
madihakhan
07-18-2016, 05:07 AM
you I used to be like you , it is a normal thing , girls are sensitive and they get offended by such behavior shown by others , but once you learn to avoid them you will start feeling better , Muslim Woman said right that make dua for them , making dua for others bring comfort to yourself , and nothing is forever so just avoid bad events and remember good to live a healthy life , may Allah bless you :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.