/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Did Sharia exist during the time of Adam and Eve ?

truthseeker63
07-22-2016, 08:29 PM
As Salaam Alaikum my question is according to Islam did Sharia exist before the Prophet Muhammad during the time of Adam and Eve and other Prophets I have heard some Muslims say in Egypt Yusuf or Joseph lived by the Sharia of his time does the Quran and Hadiths say this ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_in_Islam

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catego...phets_of_Islam

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sharia

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
truthseeker63
07-22-2016, 10:21 PM
Anyone reply thanks ?

Serinity
07-22-2016, 10:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by truthseeker63
As Salaam Alaikum my question is according to Islam did Sharia exist before the Prophet Muhammad during the time of Adam and Eve and other Prophets I have heard some Muslims say in Egypt Yusuf or Joseph lived by the Sharia of his time does the Quran and Hadiths say this ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_in_Islam

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catego...phets_of_Islam

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sharia
:salam:

The second link can contain Anti-Islamic stuff.

Allahu alam

greenhill
07-23-2016, 12:52 AM
The syariah in this context refers to the latest guidance from Allah. Meaning the guide that came with prophet Muhammad s.a.w. superceding the guides sent earlier.

Allah has always sent guides for mankind. The guide was given to Adam pbuh and the generations that followed.

If you studied the lives of the prophets, you will see a common theme in their preaching isn't that the foundation of the syaria?

:peace:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Aaqib
07-23-2016, 01:35 AM
I don't think you should look into Wikipedia.

syed_z
07-23-2016, 04:54 AM
(5:48)And unto you (O Prophet) have We vouchsafed this divine writ, setting forth the truth, confirming the truth of whatever there still remains of earlier revelations and determining what is true therein ... Unto Every One of you We appointed a (different) Law and a way of life. And if God had so willed. he would surley have made you all one single community: but (He willed it otherwise) in order to test you by means of what He has vouchsafed unto you. Vie, then, with one another in doing good works! Unto God you all must return: and then He will make you truly understand all that on which you used to differ.

...Unto Every one of You we Apppointed a (different) Law.... this Verse which Allah (Swt) mentions in the Quran that the Belief in One God, Angels and Paradise and Hell, is all the Same delivered by All Prophets, but where the change takes place is in the Law as given by God to various communities throughout the history depending on their environment and development of their mind and body....

At the time of Prophet Yusuf (Alaihi Salaam) there was a law that if someone was to get caught stealing will be enslaved or sold as a slave. When Yusuf (alaihi Salaam's) brother Benjamin was caught with a cup inside his bag his price that he paid for that incident was to become a slave of Yusuf (alaihi Salaam).

(12:74) The officials said: "If you are lying, what will be the penalty for him who has stolen?"

(12:75) They replied: "He in whose saddlebag the cup is found, he himself shall be its recompense." Thus do we punish the wrong-doers.

These people in Egypt at that time were from the people of Ibrahim (Alaihi Salaam). This was the customary punishment amongst the Hebrews at that time for stealing. This is also confirmed in Book of Exodus Chapter 23 Verse 3.

So from the time of Adam and Eve (Alaihi Salaam) there has been variations in the religious laws. We don't know exactly what was the law back then.

truthseeker63
07-23-2016, 01:56 PM
Does and can the word Sharia mean Path or to Water or does the word only mean Law ?

Yahya.
07-24-2016, 01:36 PM
Does and can the word Sharia mean Path or to Water or does the word only mean Law ?
A path leading to the source of a river, this is the linguistic meaning of Sharia. But it's used as law, for example Shariatul Ghab= Law of the jungle.

And We have revealed to you, [O Muhammad], the Book in truth, confirming that which preceded it of the Scripture and as a criterion over it. So judge between them by what Allah has revealed and do not follow their inclinations away from what has come to you of the truth. To each of you We prescribed a law and a method. Had Allah willed, He would have made you one nation [united in religion], but [He intended] to test you in what He has given you; so race to [all that is] good. To Allah is your return all together, and He will [then] inform you concerning that over which you used to differ. (Suratu'l Maidah 5/48)

In this verse it says that every prophet was revealed an own sharia (law) by Allah. For example Bani Israil weren't allowed to fish on Saturdays, or the children of Adam (alayhis salam) married each other, every time twins were born, and the male from the first birth married the female from the second birth etc. there are some additional example. The answer is yes, Adam (alayhis salam) and other prophets had their own law (Sharia).

Yahya.
07-26-2016, 08:57 PM
I came across another ayah which fits to this topic

Surah Al-i Imran 50

''And [I have come] confirming what was before me of the Torah and to make lawful for you some of what was forbidden to you.
And I have come to you with a sign from your Lord, so fear Allah and obey me.''

This is said by Isa (alayhis salam), this indicates that laws change form nation (ummah) to nation.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.