/* */

PDA

View Full Version : My dad constantly name calls me using derogatory language

anonymous
07-25-2016, 03:31 PM
Salam

my dad constantly name calls me with really bad names like 'your dirty, low, cheap'. It's been going on for years now. Every day he name calls me with awful things several times. I'm so fed up. I even decided to not get married because I feel turned of by men. I feel cheap, useless and worthless and my self esteem has eroded from all the name calling I received over the years.

I'm disgusted by my fathers foul tongue and never ever felt loved by him. I feel like he hates me and I never had a great relationship with him. I just don't know what to do

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Pygoscelis
07-25-2016, 03:37 PM
That is a horrible situation to be in and I feel for you. I wish I had an answer for you that would fix his behaviour. Have you told him that this name calling bothers you?

PS - How does somebody join in 2005, have over 3,000 posts, and yet still remain a Limited Member? :uuh:

BeTheChange
07-25-2016, 05:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pygoscelis
That is a horrible situation to be in and I feel for you. I wish I had an answer for you that would fix his behaviour. Have you told him that this name calling bothers you?

PS - How does somebody join in 2005, have over 3,000 posts, and yet still remain a Limited Member? :uuh:
Hi Pygoscelis,

The anonymous account isn't restricted to one individual member but it is an open account for everyone who is need of advice.

It is a restrictive account because it's sole purpose is to be open for all individuals who wish to remain anonymous but can only post in the anonymous sub-section.

Hope this helps.

Snow
07-25-2016, 08:42 PM
Sad to hear about your situation.
How old are you?
Also, don't judge all men by how your father acts.
There are a bunch of nice ones out there.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
talibilm
07-26-2016, 01:04 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
Salam

my dad constantly name calls me with really bad names like 'your dirty, low, cheap'. It's been going on for years now. Every day he name calls me with awful things several times. I'm so fed up. I even decided to not get married because I feel turned of by men. I feel cheap, useless and worthless and my self esteem has eroded from all the name calling I received over the years.

I'm disgusted by my fathers foul tongue and never ever felt loved by him. I feel like he hates me and I never had a great relationship with him. I just don't know what to do
:sl:

Dear Bro, Sis, Daughter

Its not right to decide your case without hearing the other party, ie your father since as per Hadith & Islam we cant decide anything untill we hear from You both , but some mistakes are obvious such as Name calling which is a sin seen clearly from the Kalamullah. I am a father too with teenage children and my wife does that too with one of our siblings though i have warned her not to do so since its against the Noble Quran.

The other side of the coin is I feel My wife is vexed advising that particular kid of mine because the Kid is really So (as she calls with a bad name ) You must understand parents are the most loving & caring and though they may come with strong words (when you do not listen to their soft words :exhausted ) that hurt you with an Idea this will work but They intend FOR YOUR GOOD to Change for the better.

kindly try this . Sit & talk to them first with open heart and Try to change yourselves as per their needs (Halal & Musthahab manners) and They may Start LOVING YOU more than other siblings and You would start loving them too. DO NOT FORGET They are the doors to your Paradise .This is an advise from an Experienced father nearing 50. wassalam

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.