/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Effect of Company

MidnightRose
07-27-2016, 10:02 PM
Hazratjee, Moulana Maseehullah Khan Saaheb (:rh:) mentioned:

The best of all deeds is to sit in the company of good, pious people and the worst deed is to sit with bad or evil people. Many a time people write to me saying: “My son was extremely obedient to me. He was punctual with his salaah. Suddenly his entire condition has changed so badly that he now has sarcastic answers for everything I tell him.” I then ask the person, “Is he hanging around with bad company?” Immediately the father will reply, “Yes this is the case.” (Hazrat Moulana Maseehullah Khan Saaheb [:rh:] – A Brief Biography, pg. 206)

Source

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Snow
07-27-2016, 10:13 PM
But I wonder what is strictly bad company?
Some of the best people I know struggle with drugs and/or other problems.
I've learned a lot of positive things from hanging around troubled people.

ardianto
07-28-2016, 12:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Snow
But I wonder what is strictly bad company?
Some of the best people I know struggle with drugs and/or other problems.
I've learned a lot of positive things from hanging around troubled people.
I was a drug user too. That's happened when I gathered with company that made using drug as lifestyle. But then I began to feel something wrong with that company. So I changed my company with new company that have better lifestyle. Alhamdulillah, gather with new company made me feel motivated to leave drug and start the better life.

Yes, with whom we gather will affect us.

Arfa
07-28-2016, 06:14 PM
This couldn't be further from truth that company matters. I would agree that yes sometimes the toxic and troubled people can teach you a lot of lessons like when you start to become more vigilant about bad vibes bad company gives.no matter what those types tell you boundaries are important for your own peace.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Snow
07-29-2016, 01:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
I was a drug user too. That's happened when I gathered with company that made using drug as lifestyle. But then I began to feel something wrong with that company. So I changed my company with new company that have better lifestyle. Alhamdulillah, gather with new company made me feel motivated to leave drug and start the better life.

Yes, with whom we gather will affect us.
Great to hear that you got better.

hend.abuauf
08-14-2016, 10:13 AM
This is so true. I know a friend's daughter who don't want to wear the hijab because all her company are not wearing it and are not willing to wear it. The prophet peace be upon him said : المرء على دين خليله فلينظر أحدكم من يخالل

Which means, a person is likely to follow the habits of his friend so be aware of whom you take as a friend.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.