/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Should I marry someone from abroad?

Mustafa16
07-29-2016, 03:13 AM
I am 17, and after I get college education (4 year) and find employment I want to get married....preferably at age 22.....I have grown disillusioned with my family's jamaat, and I want to marry someone who is Turkish because of my fear of a culture clash.......I know you guys advised against that form of nationalism, but it still did not reassure me.....sorry.....there aren't that many turks around here in my city who aren't gulenists or akp supporters (with the akp oppressing gulenists, including my relatives, in turkey)......I asked my mom if she can find me someone to emigrate from turkey, but she said the girl might only be looking for American citizenship by marrying me.......what do you think? any experience with marrying girls from back home? also, I'm considering grad school, and I wont be making a lot of money at first if I go to grad school on a stipend.....

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muslim Woman
07-29-2016, 04:22 AM
:sl:

It's time for you to concentrate on your studies.

Before marriage , offer Istekhara salat and Dua so that Allah bless you with a pious wife.

'abd al-hakeem
07-29-2016, 04:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman
:sl:

It's time for you to concentrate on your studies.
There's a brother asking for success and he has a MASTERS degree. School is not everything.

Allah subhanahu wa Ta'ala is the provider.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6HobP0OwOk

'abd al-hakeem
07-29-2016, 04:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mustafa16
I am 17, and after I get college education (4 year) and find employment I want to get married....preferably at age 22.....I have grown disillusioned with my family's jamaat, and I want to marry someone who is Turkish because of my fear of a culture clash.......I know you guys advised against that form of nationalism, but it still did not reassure me.....sorry.....there aren't that many turks around here in my city who aren't gulenists or akp supporters (with the akp oppressing gulenists, including my relatives, in turkey)......I asked my mom if she can find me someone to emigrate from turkey, but she said the girl might only be looking for American citizenship by marrying me.......what do you think? any experience with marrying girls from back home? also, I'm considering grad school, and I wont be making a lot of money at first if I go to grad school on a stipend.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ep6eJnRLBEA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNQ64-JSsm0

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
kritikvernunft
07-29-2016, 04:51 AM
I am 17, and after I get college education (4 year) and find employment
A first problem is that college does not necessarily lead to related employment. In fact, it usually doesn't. Another problem. What prevents you from downloading the digital files on your phone and read up on the subjects like that? Nowaydays you can even find online universities that will agree to conduct an exam with you, so that you can get your efforts "accredited" too.

A third problem. When you ask the typical college graduate to come in at 8 o'clock in the morning, and ask him to work on anything of his choice until 12 o'clock, it will usually be a tremendous disappointment if you try to find a customer and sell his output to him. Most college graduates will produce absolutely nothing of value, therefore qualifying for zero divided by four hours, being zero dollars per hour.

Therefore, when most college graduates come in to ask for a job, they are in fact asking: Please, teach me how to produce something of value, because I am incapable of doing that; and please pay me a good salary to learn this from you. Not only did you spend lots of money for learning things that do not allow you to produce any useful output at all, but now you are demanding that the person who will finally teach this to you, must pay you, instead of the other way around. You can imagine that most employers do not like this deal. Therefore, the only ones who still readily accept to do this, are companies like Starbucks, simply because it does not cost them too much time and effort to teach you how to serve coffee to customers. Otherwise, even they would no longer agree to do this.
I asked my mom if she can find me someone to emigrate from turkey, but she said the girl might only be looking for American citizenship by marrying me.
There is absolutely no such thing as legitimate or illegitimate reasons to marry someone. You can marry someone for whatever reason you like.
So, you could perfectly marry someone just because that gives you the opportunity to have sex with a girl without having to go out and look for one.
The girl can perfectly-well marry you because that spares her from finding a job to make money. She will rather extract the money from her husband, why not?
She may even marry you because she knows that you will be inheriting millions of dollars. So? You could also do that, why not?
A questionable reason to marry the girl, is because you love her, since you are rather supposed to learn to love the girl that you have married.

There may be another problem, however. If you live in a country where government interferes with marriage, the girl could easily overrule your authority as a husband by enlisting the help of the government. Therefore, it makes much more sense to just do a traditional marriage but not to register your marriage with the government of your country. There would still be the problem that the government of your country would want you to register children born to your marriage, and then use that as a tool to overrule your authority as a husband. You should also look into that problem. Seriously, if your wife is able to enlist the help of your government to make trouble to her husband, the entire plan becomes problematic and possibly unfeasible.

I personally live in a country where it would be really hard to do that. In fact, that is one of the most important reasons why I have moved here. So, getting married is not a problem here. You see, in a sense, marriage is the exchange of wifely services for financial resources. It is certainly an important aspect of it. If the wife puts a stop to her wifely services, it is only normal that the husband puts a stop to his financial assistance. What I would never accept, is to keep paying for nothing. In western countries, that is exactly what you would supposed to be doing. So, governments and marriage do not go well together in that kind of countries.

The practice of imposing weird rules onto marriages and especially their dissolution, is probably the top reason why I am so anti-statist. If there is a way to sabotage the State, I will always jump on the opportunity to do so. I cherish the opportunity to duly stab them in the back. It has certainly contributed to my decision to join Islam. The hotter the conflict between western states and Islam becomes, the more I become convinced that Islam is the only true religion! ;-)

Snow
07-29-2016, 01:11 PM
Why are so many freaking out about getting married in this forum?
Just work on yourself and things work out.
Stop stressing about it.

anatolian
07-29-2016, 06:17 PM
Mustafa is suffering from obssesion this is why he always makes threads about this issue.

Start
07-29-2016, 07:04 PM
Is Marriage obligatory?

Yeah man, you should really focus on your studies. The last thing you need is responsibilities and things to distract you. Don't sweat, you've got time. If not, Allah swt will help you if you need it.

Start
07-29-2016, 07:06 PM
Alsoo I'm 17 in a few days, I might consider marriage when I'm in my mid twenties. To choose a girl, it needs to take time. I mean some time to talk it through and consider if that's the person you want to spend your life with. I'm not sure if divorces are bad in islam though if anything.

Aaqib
07-29-2016, 07:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Start
Alsoo I'm 17 in a few days, I might consider marriage when I'm in my mid twenties. To choose a girl, it needs to take time. I mean some time to talk it through and consider if that's the person you want to spend your life with. I'm not sure if divorces are bad in islam though if anything.
Divorce is allowed in Islam.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.