PDA

View Full Version : In wudhu: The hair

Aaqib
08-05-2016, 01:46 AM
How should the hair be washed?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Little_Lion
08-05-2016, 02:24 AM
This is an excellent video on wudu, which includes not only the washing of the hair, but how to wash it if you have long hair, and how to handle making a mistake in wudu (he forgets to clean his nose).

greenhill
08-05-2016, 09:25 AM
In the Quran, 5.6 it mentions - " O you who have faith! When you stand up for prayer, wash your faces and your hands up to the elbows, and wipe a part of your heads and your feet, up to the ankles. If you are junub, purify yourselves....."

No mention of ears, nose, etc...

:peace:

AabiruSabeel
08-05-2016, 11:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by greenhill
In the Quran, 5.6 it mentions - " O you who have faith! When you stand up for prayer, wash your faces and your hands up to the elbows, and wipe a part of your heads and your feet, up to the ankles. If you are junub, purify yourselves....."

No mention of ears, nose, etc...

:sl:

The four parts mentioned in the Ayah are the Fardh parts of Wudhu. Ears, nose etc are the Sunnah parts of Wudhu.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
greenhill
08-05-2016, 03:42 PM
Yes. And here in Malaysia they practice the sunnah and I assumed that it was all compulsory.....and each three times, repeated with care.

I am in two minds.

Now I learn of a hadeeth (well, not now actually, but in recent times) that the entire wudu is done using very little water. A baseball cap's fill (I have even read 600ml as the amount) .. How do you cover all?

Alas, I live in a country blessed with abundant rainfall and natural resources and fertile land... alhamdulillah. But unhealthy stuff is happening. :facepalm:

Us guys have much things slightly easier than you gals and one of them is most of us with short hair there's no reason not to wet the hair when we shower. So I do ghusl anyway, more or less twice a day. So, for my wudu, I keep it basic. Simple and quick, especially for Friday, where there is usually a queue of people..

greenhill
08-05-2016, 03:56 PM
Oops. Sorry, I have not addressed the OP.. :p

About the hair, I was told by my ustaz that it could be any part of the head. He specifically pointed to any point on his head that had hair. He did not point to his forehead or any part not covered by hair. And he mentioned wipe it. He did not say soak it.

So wipe any part of the head... any part. The whole part, the left side, right, front, back or top is up to you..

Hope you are not as muddled as me :D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.