/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Looking for someone to work with me on a project in shell scripting (bash)

kritikvernunft
08-06-2016, 03:00 AM
[for people with spare time and interested in programming and other software engineering]

I am working on publishing a (relatively small) open-source project that should allow the bash user to use nested arrays in bash, and parse json files into a corresponding data structure of nested arrays.

This is not a commercial project but an open-source publication. I do not intend to make money out of it.

Therefore, I intend to pay a moderate hourly rate; less than for a commercial project, where it would in fact be the final customers who would pay. I am thinking of hiring students or people who see this more as a hobby. So, the programmers will certainly get paid (weekly/bitcoin), but this free and open-source project is not intended as, and cannot compete with a career job.

If you have relatively little experience in programming, but it is obvious that you would be able to learn, this is also a good project. Experience in programming is actually a good thing to have. If you do that often enough, you will certainly not become poorer because of it.

So, it is more for fellow believers who would be further encouraged when they receive payment too. If you are interested in shell scripting, and you have enough free time for an additional and moderately paid hobby, let me know.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Abz2000
08-06-2016, 12:37 PM
Since you understand this stuff up to a certain extent, is it possible for you to explain why my android device's tower reception signal bars continued to fluctuate despite having removed my sim for over a month?
One guy at a phone shop appeared to suspect me of being mistaken and told me that android devices just show full bars by default when a sim is removed.
also, are sim cards which don't seem to contain much (and can easily be replicated with a tiny i.c as part of the cpu or any other component on the motherboard) only for the sake of i.d and network operator relationship whereas phones are directly able to communicate via imei?

Here's a video i managed to record later when it started jumping about despite having no sim card inserted and therefore no known relationship with any specific network signal tower:

Zuckerberg's recent contracts with asian countries to connect without showing any data consumption has me concerned.

JazakAllahu khayran in advance.

kritikvernunft
08-06-2016, 03:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abz2000
Since you understand this stuff up to a certain extent ...
Sorry, I understand nothing about the details of how the phone's antenna is supposed to work. I've never looked into it.
Worse, I don't use a phone myself (only a laptop) ;-)

islamirama
08-13-2016, 04:39 AM
Is shell scripting all you are looking for? how much time commitment are we talking here.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
kritikvernunft
08-13-2016, 10:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamirama
Is shell scripting all you are looking for? how much time commitment are we talking here.
The first project is relatively small. Furthermore, it goes in small bricks, function by function, with each function having its own unit tests.
This would be the first function to deal with: https://github.com/eriksank/bashOfGaps/issues/1

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.