/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Imaan going low... need help on prayer

Aaqib
08-06-2016, 09:46 PM
I've been going through a lot of problems in prayer

*Doubts whether I said littlest of things right (The "een" in "Rabil'alameen")
*What does the Prophet (saw) mean by "having comfort when going to a sujood/rukoo"?

What are some signs Allah has accepted your salat? I need to know.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Serinity
08-06-2016, 10:22 PM
:salam:

I have the exact same waswass. In "Audhu billahi min shaytaani rajeem"

the ll, and also in the shahadah, Ashadu alla. :/

And I also have excessive waswass about Shirk and Quran. :/ It drives me insane. Sometimes I just wish I was nonexistent lol.

Allah :swt: knows best.

Search
08-07-2016, 01:34 AM
:bism: (In the Name of God, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful)

:sl: (Peace be upon you)

Brother, you're suffering from waswas, which are negative compulsive thoughts. Spiritually, they're regarded as insinuations from the devil to make the believer depressed and feel as if he/she has no iman (faith) when in reality that is one of the signs of iman (faith).

Now, in regards, to whether your prayer has been accepted, I'd remind you of the words of Prophet :saws: (peace and blessings be upon him) who said clearly, "Having an excellent opinion of Allah is part of excellent worship." So, remind yourself always that Allah is All-Compassionate and All-Merciful and that if you've made the effort to pray salat, then Allah has in His mercy and compassion accepted your worship. Remember Allah doesn't require perfection from us that we as human beings are unable to achieve, and rather Allah only requires that we try our best.

So, please let go and trust in Allah. Allah loves you, and loves those who turn to Him. Even Iblees (Satan), even though cursed by Allah for his direct and arrogant disobedience, before being expelled from the Court of Allah had his supplication accepted to be able to given the opportunity to lead mankind astray. And supplication is worship.

So, please, again, let go of negative thoughts and realize that they do not represent your iman; what represents your iman are your intentions and actions. So, relax. :)

:wa: (And peace be upon you)

format_quote Originally Posted by Aaqib
I've been going through a lot of problems in prayer

*Doubts whether I said littlest of things right (The "een" in "Rabil'alameen")
*What does the Prophet (saw) mean by "having comfort when going to a sujood/rukoo"?

What are some signs Allah has accepted your salat? I need to know.

Arfa
08-07-2016, 07:08 AM
Assalamualaikum,

Whenever we have doubts or waswasas in our minds, these factors usually spoils your prayers. It's satan whispering as satan loves a sad and depressed person. Focus is key here, when we practice building our concentration during prayer, satans influence becomes weak and it ultimately flees.

Therefore, it is imperative that we keep reciting Four Kuls specially Surah Naas for eliminating doubts in our minds. As the spiritual connection becomes stronger, so do we become better at handling our own inner doubts and fears. In shaa Allah.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
greenhill
08-11-2016, 04:17 PM
Just do it! . . . . Anyway.

It reminds me of a story in my hedonistic days of youth.. at a wedding celebration in a house, the party is over and every one has gone home and there were excesses of everything, a bit more than just being tipsy, a friend turns to me and says words to the effect of, 'Hang on for a while, I'm just going to do my 'isya'... I was stupefied and remarked about alcohol and solat to which he says, "..but Allah cannot Say that I failed in my obligation. . . " gave me a big grin and got up (or should I say staggered up(?)) and went.. .. .. ...made me think.....

And I am still thinking today.... ^o) :facepalm: ;D

:peace:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.