/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Communion

Abz2000
08-22-2016, 10:37 PM
Reflections on communion, let's try and find out what was really being presented:

Communion*:
a Christian ceremony in which bread is eaten and wine is drunk as a way of showing devotion to Jesus Christ:
*a close relationship with someone or something:*
a group of Christians who have the same beliefs.

Com·mun·ion

kəˈmyo͞onyən/

noun

The sharing or exchanging of intimate thoughts and feelings, especially when the exchange is on a mental or spiritual level.

The*letter*of the law versus the*spirit*of the law is an idiomatic antithesis. When one obeys the*letter*of the law but not the*spirit, one is obeying the literal interpretation of the words (the "letter") of the law, but not necessarily the intent of those who wrote the law.

25When they found him on the other side of the lake, they asked him, “Rabbi, when did you get here?”
26Jesus answered,*“Very truly I tell you, you are looking for me, not because you saw the signs I performed but because you ate the loaves and had your fill.*
27Do not work for food that spoils, but for food that endures to eternal life, which the Son of Man will give you. For on him God the Father has placed his seal of approval.”
28Then they asked him, “What must we do to do the works God requires?”
29Jesus answered,*“The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent.”
30So they asked him, “What sign then will you give that we may see it and believe you? What will you do?*
31Our ancestors ate the manna in the wilderness; as it is written: ‘He gave them bread from heaven to eat."*”
32Jesus said to them,*“Very truly I tell you, it is not Moses who has given you the bread from heaven, but it is my Father who gives you the true bread from heaven.*
33For the bread of God is the bread that comes down from heaven and gives life to the world.”
34“Sir,” they said, “always give us this bread.”
35Then Jesus declared,*“I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty.*
36But as I told you, you have seen me and still you do not believe.*

37All those the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never drive away.*
38For I have come down from heaven not to do my will but to do the will of him who sent me.*
39And this is the will of him who sent me, that I shall lose none of all those he has given me, but raise them up at the last day.
40For my Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.”
41At this the Jews there began to grumble about him because he said,*“I am the bread that came down from heaven.”*
42They said, “Is this not Jesus, the son of Joseph, whose father and mother we know? How can he now say,*‘I came down from heaven’?”

43“Stop grumbling among yourselves,”*Jesus answered.
44“No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws them, and I will raise them up at the last day.*
45It is written in the Prophets: ‘They will all be taught by God.’d*Everyone who has heard the Father and learned from him comes to me.*
46No one has seen the Father except the one who is from God; only he has seen the Father.*
47Very truly I tell you, the one who believes has eternal life.
48I am the bread of life.*
49Your ancestors ate the manna in the wilderness, yet they died.*
50But here is the bread that comes down from heaven, which anyone may eat and not die.*
51I am the living bread that came down from heaven. Whoever eats this bread will live forever. This bread is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.”
52Then the Jews began to argue sharply among themselves, “How can this man give us his flesh to eat?”

53Jesus said to them,*“Very truly I tell you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you.
54Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.*
55For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink.
56Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in them.*
57Just as the living Father sent me and I live because of the Father, so the one who feeds on me will live because of me.
58This is the bread that came down from heaven. Your ancestors ate manna and died, but whoever feeds on this bread will live forever.”*
59He said this while teaching in the synagogue in Capernaum.

Many Disciples Desert Jesus

60On hearing it, many of his disciples said, “This is a hard teaching. Who can accept it?”
61Aware that his disciples were grumbling about this, Jesus said to them,*“Does this offend you?
62Then what if you see the Son of Man ascend to where he was before!*
63The Spirit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing. The words I have spoken to you—they are full of the Spirit*and life.*
64Yet there are some of you who do not believe.”*For Jesus had known from the beginning which of them did not believe and who would betray him.*
65He went on to say,*“This is why I told you that no one can come to me unless the Father has enabled them.”
66From this time many of his disciples turned back and no longer followed him.
67“You do not want to leave too, do you?”*Jesus asked the Twelve.
68Simon Peter answered him, “Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life.
69We have come to believe and to know that you are the Holy One of God.”
70Then Jesus replied,*“Have I not chosen you, the Twelve? Yet one of you is a devil!”*
71(He meant Judas, the son of Simon Iscariot, who, though one of the Twelve, was later to betray him.)

CHRISTIAN CANNIBALS
An argument of why Christians are cannibals (and possibly vampires) from Christianity's own perspective

by Jim Walker (an ex-cannibal)
Originated: 07 January 2003
Additions: 10 July 2006

How many Christians realize that when they eat that wafer and drink the wine during communion service that they, in effect, practice cannibalism by the partaking in the eating of human flesh and blood?

I certainly did not know that when I underwent communion in my religious days. It sounds so innocent and benign;
"Communion" imparts the concept of sharing thoughts and feelings, or so I thought. Oh how the priests fooled me.
They used other obscure terms too, like "Eucharist" and "Sacrament of the Last Supper."
At no time did a priest or deacon explain to me that I would share in the communal eating of the human flesh and blood of Jesus.

Cannibal:*A person who eats the flesh of human beings.

Since Jesus represents an actual human being, and I ate him, that made me a cannibal. And if you have ever undergone communion, then you too fall into that category.

The Church tricked me and turned me into a cannibal!

Not only did I drink blood and eat flesh, but they made me do it in front of a statue of a bloody corpse hanging by nails on two pieces of lumber, a representation of the human whom I had just eaten. (Imagine eating a hamburger in front of an image of a freshly slain cow.)

When I discovered the shocking realization that I had eaten human flesh, and drank human blood I felt like vomiting.
Where in the world did this morbid practice begin, I wondered. I reread the Bible for clues. Could that explain the mystery of the empty tomb of Jesus (Luke 24:3)? Did the disciples*eat*him?

Several Christians tried to console me by explaining that Communion only represents the*symbolic*eating of flesh, not the real thing (I later discovered that many Protestant Christians don't believe in the literal eating of Jesus, although some do). I felt relieved for awhile until other Christians told me otherwise (virtually all Catholics and Episcopalians believe in the literal interpretation). I began to do a bit of research for myself from the Catholic Church's own position. My stomach began to churn again as I discovered what communion and the Eucharist really means.

http://www.nobeliefs.com/communion/communion.htm

While he was standing in prayer in the chamber, the angels called unto him: "(Allah) doth give thee glad tidings of Yahya, witnessing the truth of a Word from Allah?, and noble, chaste, and a prophet,- of the company of the righteous."
Quran 3:39

45.*Behold! the angels said: "O Mary! Allah giveth thee glad tidings of a Word from Him:
his name will be Al Maseeh Jesus, the son of Mary, held in honour in this world and the Hereafter and of (the company of) those nearest to Allah.
46.*"He shall speak to the people in childhood and in maturity.
And he shall be (of the company) of the righteous."
Quran 3:45

1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.*
2He was with God in the beginning.*
3Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.*
4In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind.*
5The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcomea*it......
6There was a man sent from God whose name was John.*
7He came as a witness to testify concerning that light, so that through him all might believe.*
8He himself was not the light; he came only as a witness to the light.
9The true light that gives light to everyone was coming into the world.*
10He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him.*
11He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him.*
12Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God
13children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God.
14The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.
15(John testified concerning him. He cried out, saying, “This is the one I spoke about when I said, ‘He who comes after me has surpassed me because he was before me.’ ”)*
16Out of his fullness we have all received grace in place of grace already given.*
17For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.*
18No one has ever seen God, but the one and only Son, who is himself God and is in closest relationship with the Father, has made him known.

From John 1

25Jesus replied,*“I have already told you, and you don’t believe me. The proof is the work I do in my Father’s name.
26But you don’t believe me because you are not my sheep.*27My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me.
28I give them eternal life, and they will never perish. No one can snatch them away from me,*
29for my Father has given them to me, and he is more powerful than anyone else.d*No one can snatch them from the Father’s hand.
30The Father and I are one.”
31Once again the people picked up stones to kill him.*

32Jesus said,“At my Father’s direction I have done many good works. For which one are you going to stone me?”
33They replied, “We’re stoning you not for any good work, but for blasphemy! You, a mere man, claim to be God.”
34Jesus replied,*“It is written in your own Scripturese*that God said to certain leaders of the people, ‘I say, you are gods!’f
35And you know that the Scriptures cannot be altered. So if those people who received God’s message were called ‘gods,’*
36why do you call it blasphemy when I say, ‘I am the Son of God’? After all, the Father set me apart and sent me into the world.*
37Don’t believe me unless I carry out my Father’s work.*
38But if I do his work, believe in the evidence of the miraculous works I have done, even if you don’t believe me. Then you will know and understand that the Father is in me, and I am in the Father.”
39Once again they tried to arrest him, but he got away and left them.

From john 10

4Jesus answered,*“It is written: ‘Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.”
Luke 4.:4

He humbled you, causing you to hunger and then feeding you with manna, which neither you nor your ancestors had known, to teach you that man does not live on bread alone but on every word that comes from the mouth of the LORD.

Old Testament
Deuteronmy 8:3

Indeed the likeness of Jesus to God as the likeness of Adam; He created him from dust, then said to him, ‘Be,’ and he was." (Quran 3:59)

And (remember) her who guarded her chastity: We breathed into her of Our spirit, and We made her and her son a sign for all peoples.
*Verily, this brotherhood of yours is a single brotherhood, and I am your Lord and Cherisher: therefore serve Me (and no other).
*But (later generations) cut off their affair (of unity), one from another: (yet) will they all return to Us.
Quran 21:91-93

12.*And Mary the daughter of 'Imran, who guarded her chastity; and We breathed into (her body) of Our spirit; and she testified to the truth of the words of her Lord and of His Revelations, and was one of the devout (servants).
Quran 66:12

Letter and spirit of the law

The*letter of the law*versus the*spirit of the law*is an*idiomatic*antithesis.
When one obeys the letter of the law but not the spirit, one is obeying the literal interpretation of the words (the "letter") of the*law, but not necessarily the*intent of those who wrote the law.
Conversely, when one obeys the spirit of the law but not the letter, one is doing what the authors of the law intended, though not necessarily adhering to the literal wording.
"Law" originally referred to*legislative statute, but in the idiom may refer to any kind of rule. Intentionally following the letter of the law but not the spirit may be accomplished through exploiting*technicalities,*loopholes, and ambiguous language.

William Shakespeare wrote numerous plays dealing with the letter versus spirit antithesis, almost always coming down on the side of "spirit", often forcing villains (who always sided with the letter) to make concessions and remedy. In one of the best known examples,*The Merchant of Venice, he introduces the*quibble as a plot deviceto save both the spirit and the letter of the law. The moneylender*Shylock*has made an agreement with*Antonio*that if he cannot repay a loan he will have a pound of flesh from him. When the debt is not repaid in time*Portia*at first pleads for mercy in*a famous speech:*"The quality of mercy is not strain'd, It droppeth as the gentle rain from heaven Upon the place beneath. It is twice blest: It blesseth him that gives and him that takes."*(IV,i,185). When Shylock refuses, she finally saves Antonio by pointing out that Shylock's agreement with him mentioned no blood, and therefore Shylock can have his pound of flesh only if he sheds no blood.

Interpretations of the U.S. Constitution have historically divided on the "Letter versus Spirit" debate. For example, at the founding, the*Federalist Partyargued for a looser interpretation of the Constitution, granting Congress broad powers in keeping with the spirit of the broader purpose of some founders (notably including the Federalist founders' purposes). The Federalists would have represented the "spirit" aspect. In contrast, the*Democratic-Republicans, who favored a limited federal government, argued for the strict interpretation of the Constitution, arguing that the federal government was granted only those powers enumerated in the Constitution, and nothing not explicitly stated; they represented the "letter" interpretation.
Modern Constitutional interpretation also divides on these lines. Currently,*Living Constitution*scholars advocate a "spirit"-esque interpretative strategy, although one grounded in a spirit that reflects broad powers.*Originalist*or*Textualist*scholars advocate a more "letter"-based approach, arguing that the Amendment process of the Constitution necessarily forecloses broader interpretations that can be accomplished simply by passing an amendment.

Gaming the system, also called "rules lawyering", is the following of the letter (sometimes referred to as RaW or Rules as Written) over, or contrary to, the spirit (sometimes referred to as RaI or Rules as Intended) of the law. It is used negatively to describe the act of manipulating the rules to achieve a personal advantage. It may also mean acting in an antisocial, irritating manner while technically staying within the bounds of the rules

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lett...rit_of_the_law

O People of the Book! Commit no excesses in your religion: Nor say of Allah aught but the truth.
Christ Jesus the son of Mary was (no more than) messenger of Allah, and His Word, which He bestowed on Mary, and a [/B]spirit [/b]proceeding from Him: so believe in Allah and His messengers. Say not "Trinity" : desist: it will be better for you: for Allah is one Allah. Glory be to Him: (far exalted is He) above having a son. To Him belong all things in the heavens and on earth. And enough is Allah as a Disposer of affairs.
Quran 4:171

Sahih Muslim Book 004, Hadith Number 1623.

Chapter :
Permissibility of observing Nafl (voluntary prayer) standing or sitting and observing some part of it standing or sitting.

Sa'd b. Hisham b. 'Amir decided to participate in the expedition for the sake of Allah, so he came to Medina and he decided to dispose of his property there and buy arms and horses instead and fight against the Romans to the end of his life. When he came to Medina, he met the people of Medina. They dissuaded him to do such a thing, and informed him that a group of six men had decided to do so during the lifetime of the Apostle of Allah (may peace be upon him) and the Apostle of Allah (may peace be upon him) forbade them to do it, and said:" Is there not for you a model pattern in me? And when they narrated this to him (Sa'd b. Hisham), he returned to his wife, though he had divorced her and made (people) witness to his reconciliation.
He then came to Ibn 'Abbas and asked him about the Witr of the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him). Ibn 'Abbas said: Should I not lead you to one who knows best amongst the people of the world about the Witr of the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him)?
He said: Who is it? He (Ibn 'Abbas) said: It is 'Aisha. So go to her and ask her (about Witr) and then come to me and inform me about her answer that she would give you.
So I came to Hakim b. Aflah and requested him to take me to her.
He said: I would not go to her, for I forbade her to speak anything (about the conflict) between the two groups, but she refused (to accept my advice) and went (to participate in that conflict).
I (requested) him (Hakim) with an oath to lead me to her. So we went to 'Aisha and we begged permission to meet her. She granted us permission and we went in.
She said: Are you Hakim? (She recognised him.) He replied: Yes. She said: Who is there with you? He said: He is Sa'd b. Hisham. She said: Which Hisham? He said: He is Hisham b. 'Amir. She blessed him ('Amir) with mercy from Allah and spoke good of him (Qatada said that he died as a martyr in Uhud).

I said: Mother of the Faithful, tell me about the character of the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him).

She said: Don't you read the Qur'an?

I said: Yes.

Upon this she said: The character of the Apostle of Allah (may peace be upon him) was the Qur'an.

He said: I felt inclined to get up and not ask anything (further) till death. But then I changed my mind and said: Inform me about the observance (of the night prayer) of the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him). She said: Did you not recite: "O thou wrapped up"? He said: Yes. She said: Allah, the Exalted and the Glorious, made the observance of the night prayer at the beginning of this Surah obligatory. So the Apostle of Allah (may peace be upon him and his Companions around him observed this (night prayer) for one year.

Allah held back the concluding portion of this Surah for twelve months in the Heaven
till (at the end of this period) Allah revealed the concluding verses of this Surah which lightened (the burden of this prayer), and the night prayer became a supererogatory prayer after being an obligatory one.

I said: Mother of the Faithful, inform me about the Witr of the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him).
She said: I used to prepare tooth stick for him and water for his ablution, and Allah would rouse him to the extent He wished during the night. He would use the tooth stick, and perform ablution, and would offer nine rak'ahs, and would not sit but in the eighth one and would remember Allah, and praise Him and supplicate Him, then he would get up without uttering the salutation and pray the ninth rak'ah. He would then sit, remember, praise Him and supplicate Him and then utter a salutation loud enough for us to hear. He would then pray two rak'ahs sitting after uttering the salutation, and that made eleven rak'ahs. O my son, but when the Apostle of Allah (may peace be upon him) grew old and put on flesh, he observed Witr of seven, doing in the two rak'ahs as he had done formerly, and that made nine.

O my son, and when the Apostle of Allah (may peace be upon him) observed prayer, he liked to keep on observing it, and when sleep or pain overpowered him and made it impossible (for him) to observe prayer in the night, he prayed twelve rak'ahs daring the day. I am not aware of Allah's Prophet (may peace be upon him) having recited the whole Qur'an during one single night, or praying through the night till morning, or fasting a complete month, except Ramadan.

He (the narrator) said: I then went to Ibn 'Abbas and narrated to him the Hadith (transmitted from her), and he said: She says the truth If I went to her and got into her presence, I would have listened to it orally from her. He said: If I were to know that you do not go to her. I would not have transmitted this Hadith to you narrated by her.*

http://hadithcollection.com/sahihmus...mber-1623.html

........And the word became flesh.......

37On the last and greatest day of the festival, Jesus stood and said in a loud voice,*“Let anyone who is thirsty come to me and drink.*
38Whoever believes in me, as Scripture has said, rivers of living water will flow from within them.”
39By this he meant the Spirit, whom those who believed in him were later to receive. Up to that time the Spirit had not been given, since Jesus had not yet been glorified.
40On hearing his words, some of the people said, “Surely this man is the Prophet.”
41Others said, “He is the Messiah.”
From John 7

7But very truly I tell you, it is for your good that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Advocate will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you.*
8When he comes, he will prove the world to be in the wrong about sin and righteousness and judgment:*
9about sin, because people do not believe in me;*
10about righteousness, because I am going to the Father, where you can see me no longer;*
11and about judgment, because the prince of this world now stands condemned.
12“I have much more to say to you, more than you can now bear.
13But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come.*14He will glorify me because it is from me that he will receive what he will make known to you.*
15All that belongs to the Father is mine. That is why I said the Spirit will receive from me what he will make known to you.”

The Disciples’ Grief Will Turn to Joy
16Jesus went on to say,*“In a little while you will see me no more, and then after a little while you will see me.”
17At this, some of his disciples said to one another, “What does he mean by saying,*‘In a little while you will see me no more, and then after a little while you will see me,’and*‘Because I am going to the Father’?”*
18They kept asking, “What does he mean by*‘a little while’? We don’t understand what he is saying.”
19Jesus saw that they wanted to ask him about this, so he said to them,*“Are you asking one another what I meant when I said, ‘In a little while you will see me no more, and then after a little while you will see me’?*
20Very truly I tell you, you will weep and mourn while the world rejoices. You will grieve, but your grief will turn to joy.
*21A woman giving birth to a child has pain because her time has come; but when her baby is born she forgets the anguish because of her joy that a child is born into the world.*
22So with you: Now is your time of grief, but I will see you again and you will rejoice, and no one will take away your joy.*
23In that day you will no longer ask me anything. Very truly I tell you, my Father will give you whatever you ask in my name.
24Until now you have not asked for anything in my name. Ask and you will receive, and your joy will be complete.
25“Though I have been speaking figuratively, a time is coming when I will no longer use this kind of language but will tell you plainly about my Father.*
26In that day you will ask in my name. I am not saying that I will ask the Father on your behalf.*
27No, the Father himself loves you because you have loved me and have believed that I came from God.*
28I came from the Father and entered the world; now I am leaving the world and going back to the Father.”
29Then Jesus’ disciples said, “Now you are speaking clearly and without figures of speech.*
30Now we can see that you know all things and that you do not even need to have anyone ask you questions. This makes us believe that you came from God.”
31“Do you now believe?”*Jesus replied.*
32“A time is coming and in fact has come when you will be scattered, each to your own home. You will leave me all alone. Yet I am not alone, for my Father is with me.
33“I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart!
I have overcome the world.”

From john 16

16Jesus said to her,*“Mary.”She turned toward him and cried out in Aramaic, “Rabboni!” (which means “Teacher”).
17Jesus said,*“Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father.
Go instead to my brothers and tell them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.’ ”
18Mary Magdalene went to the disciples with the news: “I have seen the Lord!” And she told them that he had said these things to her.

Al-Jahiz*in*al-Bayan wa al-Tabyinpresents the following text of the Farewell Sermon,
translated by Nuh Ha Mim Keller:

All praise is Allah’s. We praise Him, seek His help, ask His forgiveness, and we repent unto Him. We seek refuge in Allah from the evils of our selves and our bad actions. Whomever Allah guides none can lead astray, and whomever He leads astray has no one to guide him. I testify that there is no god but Allah alone, without any partner, and I testify that Muhammad is his slave and messenger. I enjoin you, O servants of Allah, to be godfearing towards Allah, I urge you to obey Him, and I begin with that which is best.To commence:

O people, hear me well: I explain to you. For I do not know; I may well not meet you again in this place where I now stand, after this year of mine.
O people: your lives and your property, until the very day you meet your Lord, are as inviolable to each other as the inviolability of this day you are now in, and the month you are now in. Have I given the message?—O Allah, be my witness.
So let whoever has been given something for safekeeping give it back to him who gave him it.Truly, the usury of the Era of Ignorance has been laid aside forever, and the first usury I begin with is that which is due to my father’s brother ‘Abbas ibn ‘Abd al-Muttalib. And truly the blood-vengeance of the Era of Ignorance has been laid aside forever, and the first blood-vengeance we shall start with is that which is due for the blood of [my kinsman] ‘Amir ibn Rabi‘a ibn Harith ibn ‘Abd al-Muttalib. Truly, the hereditary distinctions that were pretensions to respect in the Era of Ignorance have been laid aside forever, except for the custodianship of the Kaaba [by Bani ‘Abd al-Dar] and the giving of drink to pilgrims [by al-‘Abbas].

A deliberate murder is subject to retaliation in kind. An accidental death from a deliberate injury means a death resulting from [something not usually used or intended as a deadly weapon such as] a stick or a rock, for which the indemnity is one hundred camels: whoever asks for more is a person of the Era of Ignorance.

O people: the Devil has despaired of ever being worshipped in this land of yours, though he is content to be obeyed in other works of yours, that you deem to be of little importance.

O people: postponing the inviolability of a sacred month [claiming to postpone the prohibition of killing in it to a subsequent month, so as to continue warring despite the sacred month’s having arrived] is a surfeit of unbelief, by which those who disbelieve are led astray, making it lawful one year and unlawful in another, in order to match the number [of months] Allah has made inviolable.
Time has verily come full turn, to how it was the day Allah created the heavens and the earth.
Four months there are which are inviolable, three in a row and forth by itself: Dhul Qa‘da, Dhul Hijja, and Muharram; and Rajab, which lies between Jumada and Sha‘ban. Have I given the message?—O Allah, be my witness.

O people: verily you owe your women their rights, and they owe you yours. They may not lay with another men in your beds, let anyone into your houses you do not want without your permission, or commit indecency. If they do, Allah has given you leave to debar them, send them from your beds, or [finally] strike them in a way that does no harm. But if they desist, and obey you, then you must provide for them and clothe them fittingly. The women who live with you are like captives, unable to manage for themselves: you took them as a trust from Allah, and enjoyed their sex as lawful through a word [legal ruling] from Allah. So fear Allah in respect to women, and concern yourselves with their welfare. Have I given the message?—O Allah, be my witness.

O people, believers are but brothers. No one may take his brother’s property without his full consent. Have I given the message?—O Allah, be my witness. Never go back to being unbelievers, smiting each other’s necks, for verily, I have left among you that which if you take it, you will never stray after me: the Book of Allah. Have I given the message?—O Allah, be my witness.

O people, your Lord is One, and your father is one: all of you are from Adam, and Adam was from the ground. The noblest of you in Allah’s sight is the most godfearing: Arab has no merit over non-Arab other than godfearingness. Have I given the message?—O Allah, be my witness.
—At this, they said yes.

He said, Then let whomever is present tell whomever is absent.

O people, Allah has apportioned to every deserving heir his share of the estate, and no deserving heir may accept a special bequest, and no special bequest may exceed a third of the estate. A child’s lineage is that of the [husband who owns the] bed, and adulterers shall be stoned. Whoever claims to be the son of someone besides his father or a bondsman who claims to belong to other than his masters shall bear the curse of Allah and the angels and all men: no deflecting of it or ransom for it shall be accepted from him.
And peace be upon all of you, and the mercy of Allah.

...-------------

So again,
COMMUNION WITH ALLAH.
TO BE ONE WITH ALLAH.
TO MAKE THE WORD OF ALLAH YOUR CHARACTER IN SPIRIT AND IN LETTER.
THE WORD OF ALLAH IS PRESERVED IN THE QURAN - ALTHOUGH THE COMPLETE WORKS ARE IN THE MOTHER OF THE BOOK WHICH IS WITH ALLAH.
THE SUNNAH OF HIS FINAL MESSENGER MUHAMMAD IS A SPIRITUAL AND PRACTICAL GUIDE

What happens if you are a Wali of Allah?

1. You have no fear in this*dunya, no sadness in*akhirah.
“Unquestionably, [for] the awliya of Allah there will be no fear concerning them, nor will they grieve”. (Qur’an,*10:62)
2. He will put light in your life.
“Allah is the ally of those who believe. He brings them out from darkness into the light.” (Qur’an,*2:257)
3. Allah will give you victory
Allah says in a hadith qudsi: “Whoever*takes a*Wali*of Mine as an enemy, I will wage war on him…” (Bukhari)
Wouldn't you want to be one of these people?
Be ambitious. Why couldn’t it be you?

:)

For it is written, man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
goodwill
08-23-2016, 10:56 PM
It is better to partake of what the Lord gives at His table than to consume certain other things:

Sahih al-Bukhari 3320:
Narrated Abu Hurairah: The Prophet said, “If a housefly falls in the drink of anyone of you, he should dip it (in the drink), for one of its wings has a disease and the other has the cure for the disease.”
Sunan Abu Dawud 3844:
It was narrated that Abu Hurairah said: The Messenger of Allah said: “If a fly falls into the vessel of one of you then immerse it, for on one of its wings is a disease and on the other is a cure. When it falls, it falls onto the wing on which is a disease, so immerse it fully.”
See also https: //youtu.be/qDRHssIOvy4

Sunan an-Nasai, Number 307:
It was narrated from Anas binMalik that some Bedouins from Urainah came to the Prophet and became Muslim, but the climate of Al-Madinah did not suit them; their skin turned yellow and their stomachs became swollen. The Messenger of Allah sent them to some pregnant camels of his and told them to drink their milk and urine until they recovered. Then they killed the camel-herder and drove the camels away. The Messenger of Allah sent people after them, and they were brought back. Their hands and feet were cut off and their eyes were smoldered with burning nails. The Commander of the Believers, Abdul-Malik, said to Anas—when he was narrating this Hadith to him—“(Were they being punished) for Kufr or for a sin?” He said: “For Kufr.”
See also https: //youtu.be/RvdXTNjHKaw

Abz2000
08-24-2016, 06:11 AM
Hadith Qudsi - The highest level of authentication.

On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him), who said that the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said:

Allah (The Most High) said:
Whosoever shows enmity to a waliy of Mine, then I have declared war upon him.
My servant draws not near to Me with anything more loved by Me than the compulsory duties I have enjoined upon him,
and My servant continues to draw near to Me with optional good works until I love him.
When I love him I am his hearing with which he hears, his seeing with which he sees, his hand with which he strikes and his foot with which he walks.
Were he to ask [something] of Me, I would surely give it to him.
And were he to ask Me for refuge, I would surely grant him it.
I do not hesitate about anything as much as I hesitate about [seizing] the soul of My faithful servant:
he hates death and I hate hurting him.

It was related by al-Bukhari

.عَنْ أَبي هُرَيْرَةَ رَضِيَ اللَّهُ عَنْهُ قَالَ: قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ:*
" إِنَّ اللَّهَ عَزَّ وَجَلَّ قَالَ: مَنْ عَادَى لِي وَلِيًّا، فَقَدْ آذَنْتُهُ بِالْحَرْبِ، وَمَا تَقَرَّبَ إِلَيَّ عَبْدِي بِشَيْءٍ أَحَبَّ إِلَيَّ مِمَّا افْتَرَضْتُ عَلَيْهِ، وَمَا يَزَالُ عَبْدِي يَتَقَرَّبُ إِلَيَّ بِالنَّوَافِلِ حَتَّى أُحِبَّهُ، فَإِذَا أَحْبَبْتُهُ، كُنْتُ سَمْعَهُ الَّذِي يَسْمَعُ بِهِ، وَبَصَرَهُ الَّذِي يُبْصِرُ بِهِ، وَيَدَهُ الَّتِي يَبْطِشُ بِهَا، وَرِجْلَهُ الَّتِي يَمْشِي بِهَا، وَإِنْ سَأَلَنِي لَأُعْطِيَنَّهُ، وَلَئِنْ اسْتَعَاذَنِي لَأُعِيذَنَّهُ، وَمَا تَرَدَّدْتُ عَنْ شَيْءٍ أَنَا فَاعِلُهُ تَرَدُّدِي عَنْ نَفْسِ عَبْدِي الْمُؤْمِنِ، يَكْرَهُ الْمَوْتَ وَأَنَا أَكْرَهُ مَسَاءَتَهُ"*رواه البخاري

Arabic/English book reference*:*Hadith 25
Report Error*|*Share

Abz2000
08-24-2016, 06:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by goodwill
It is better to partake of what the Lord gives at His table than to consume certain other things:

Sahih al-Bukhari 3320:
Narrated Abu Hurairah: The Prophet said, “If a housefly falls in the drink of anyone of you, he should dip it (in the drink), for one of its wings has a disease and the other has the cure for the disease.”
Sunan Abu Dawud 3844:
It was narrated that Abu Hurairah said: The Messenger of Allah said: “If a fly falls into the vessel of one of you then immerse it, for on one of its wings is a disease and on the other is a cure. When it falls, it falls onto the wing on which is a disease, so immerse it fully.”
See also https: //youtu.be/qDRHssIOvy4

Sunan an-Nasai, Number 307:
It was narrated from Anas binMalik that some Bedouins from Urainah came to the Prophet and became Muslim, but the climate of Al-Madinah did not suit them; their skin turned yellow and their stomachs became swollen. The Messenger of Allah sent them to some pregnant camels of his and told them to drink their milk and urine until they recovered. Then they killed the camel-herder and drove the camels away. The Messenger of Allah sent people after them, and they were brought back. Their hands and feet were cut off and their eyes were smoldered with burning nails. The Commander of the Believers, Abdul-Malik, said to Anas—when he was narrating this Hadith to him—“(Were they being punished) for Kufr or for a sin?” He said: “For Kufr.”
See also https: //youtu.be/RvdXTNjHKaw
Volume 8, Book 82, Number 796:
Narrated Anas:
A group of people from 'Ukl (tribe) came to the Prophet and they were living with the people of As-Suffa, but they became ill as the climate of Medina did not suit them, so they said, "O Allah's Apostle! Provide us with milk." The Prophet said, I see no other way for you than to use the camels of Allah's Apostle." So they went and drank the milk and urine of the camels, (as medicine) and became healthy and fat. Then they killed the shepherd and took the camels away.
When a help-seeker came to Allah's Apostle, he sent some men in their pursuit, and they were captured and brought before mid day. The Prophet ordered for some iron pieces to be made red hot, and their eyes were branded with them and their hands and feet were cut off and were not cauterized. Then they were put at a place called Al-Harra, and when they asked for water to drink they were not given till they died.
(Abu Qilaba said, "Those people committed theft and murder and fought against Allah and His Apostle.")

Volume 8, Book 82, Number 797:
Narrated Anas bin Malik:
A group of people from 'Ukl (or 'Uraina) tribe ----but I think he said that they were from 'Ukl came to Medina and (they became ill, so) the Prophet ordered them to go to the herd of (Milch) she-camels and told them to go out and drink the camels' urine and milk (as a medicine). So they went and drank it, and when they became healthy, they killed the shepherd and drove away the camels.
This news reached the Prophet early in the morning, so he sent (some) men in their pursuit and they were captured and brought to the Prophet before midday. He ordered to cut off their hands and legs and their eyes to be branded with heated iron pieces and they were thrown at Al-Harra, and when they asked for water to drink, they were not given water.
(Abu Qilaba said, "Those were the people who committed theft and murder and reverted to disbelief after being believers (Muslims), and fought against Allah and His Apostle").

Now i have to dip both wings........:

6 I saw that the woman was drunk with the blood of God’s holy people, the blood of those who bore testimony to Jesus.
When I saw her, I was greatly astonished.*

7Then the angel said to me: “Why are you astonished? I will explain to you the mystery of the woman and of the beast she rides, which has the seven heads and ten horns.*
8The beast, which you saw, once was, now is not, and yet will come up out of the Abyss and go to its destruction. The inhabitants of the earth whose names have not been written in the book of life from the creation of the world will be astonished when they see the beast, because it once was, now is not, and yet will come.
9“This calls for a mind with wisdom. The seven heads are seven hills on which the woman sits.*
10They are also seven kings.*

From Revelation 17

1The fool says in his heart,“There is no God.”They are corrupt, and their ways are vile;there is no one who does good.
2God looks down from heavenon all mankindto see if there are any who understand,any who seek God.
3Everyone has turned away, all have become corrupt;there is no one who does good,not even one.
4Do all these evildoers know nothing?
They devour my people as though eating bread; they never call on God.
5But there they are, overwhelmed with dread,where there was nothing to dread.

from Isaiah 53

170.*When it is said to them: "Follow what Allah hath revealed:" They say: "Nay! we shall follow the ways of our fathers." What! even though their fathers Were void of wisdom and guidance?
171.*The parable of those who reject Faith is as if one were to shout Like a goat-herd, to things that listen to nothing but calls and cries: Deaf, dumb, and blind, they are void of wisdom.
172.*O ye who believe! Eat of the good things that We have provided for you, and be grateful to Allah, if it is Him ye worship.
173.*He hath only forbidden you dead meat, and blood, and the flesh of swine, and that on which any other name hath been invoked besides that of Allah. But if one is forced by necessity, without wilful disobedience, nor transgressing due limits,- then is he guiltless. For Allah is Oft-forgiving Most Merciful.
174.*Those who conceal Allah.s revelations in the Book, and purchase for them a miserable profit,- they swallow into themselves naught but Fire; Allah will not address them on the Day of Resurrection. Nor purify them: Grievous will be their penalty.
175.*They are the ones who buy Error in place of Guidance and Torment in place of Forgiveness. Ah! what boldness (They show) for the Fire!
176.*(Their doom is) because Allah sent down the Book in truth but those who seek causes of dispute in the Book are in a schism Far (from the purpose).
177.*It is not righteousness that ye turn your faces Towards east or West; but it is righteousness- to believe in Allah and the Last Day, and the Angels, and the Book, and the Messengers; to spend of your substance, out of love for Him, for your kin, for orphans, for the needy, for the wayfarer, for those who ask, and for the ransom of slaves; to be steadfast in prayer, and practice regular charity; to fulfil the contracts which ye have made; and to be firm and patient, in pain (or suffering) and adversity, and throughout all periods of panic. Such are the people of truth, the Allah.fearing.
178.*O ye who believe! the law of equal retaliation is prescribed to you in cases of murder: the free for the free, the slave for the slave, the woman for the woman. But if any remission is made by the brother of the slain, then grant any reasonable demand, and compensate him with handsome gratitude, this is a concession and a Mercy from your Lord. After this whoever exceeds the limits shall be in grave penalty.
179.*In the Law of equal retaliation there is (saving of) Life to you, o ye men of understanding; that ye may restrain yourselves.

From Quran, Surah Al Baqarah, The Cow.

See also:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...llings-britain

Thou hast a few names even in Sardis which have not defiled their garments; and they shall walk with me in white: for they are worthy.

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/g...ps09od0hoo.png

And
Quran 27:28-44

http://www.islam101.com/quran/yusufAli/QURAN/27.htm

Or this rofl:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-f1kCXveMI

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!