PDA

View Full Version : Is the Gulen movement's persecution punishment from Allah for deviant beliefs?



Mustafa16
08-26-2016, 10:28 PM
i was wondering, because their views are not mainstream
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Huzaifah ibn Adam
08-26-2016, 10:33 PM
Possibly. Allaahu A`lam.
Reply

Huzaifah ibn Adam
08-26-2016, 10:35 PM
A person might ask: "If some calamity or difficulty afflicts me, how will I know if it's a test from Allaah Ta`aalaa, to bring me closer to Him, or if it is a Divine Punishment?"

The Hukamaa (Wise Men) have given a simple answer:

If after the difficulty befalls you, you become closer to Allaah, then it was a test (and you have passed). If after the difficulty befalls you, you move away from Allaah, then it was a Divine Punishment.

والله تعالى أعلم
Reply

Mustafa16
08-27-2016, 03:30 AM
Originally Posted by Huzaifah ibn Adam
A person might ask: "If some calamity or difficulty afflicts me, how will I know if it's a test from Allaah Ta`aalaa, to bring me closer to Him, or if it is a Divine Punishment?"


The Hukamaa (Wise Men) have given a simple answer:


If after the difficulty befalls you, you become closer to Allaah, then it was a test (and you have passed). If after the difficulty befalls you, you move away from Allaah, then it was a Divine Punishment.


والله تعالى أعلم
well then the Gulen movement is not being punished, because after the persecution started the Gulenists started to move closer to Allah....
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
Huzaifah ibn Adam
08-29-2016, 07:41 PM
Did they really? Or do they just think they're moving closer to Allaah Ta`aalaa? That is the question.

Shaytaan can sometimes deceive a person into thinking he is doing good, when in reality he is doing evil. To know whether something is good or not, you need to weigh it in the scales of the Sharee`ah.
Reply

Serinity
08-29-2016, 07:46 PM
:salam:

may Allah :swt: protect us from the evil whispers and traps of the Shayateen. Ameen.

I wonder why they are deviant? what makes them deviant?

Allahu alam.
Reply

Huzaifah ibn Adam
08-29-2016, 08:04 PM
One of the main reasons is because they believe the Jews and Christians of today will be going to Jannah.

Read this too:

https://m.facebook.com/permalink.php...16244508516315
Reply

Mustafa16
08-29-2016, 08:22 PM
Originally Posted by Huzaifah ibn Adam
One of the main reasons is because they believe the Jews and Christians of today will be going to Jannah.

Read this too:

https://m.facebook.com/permalink.php...16244508516315
we don't believe that suleyman hilmi tunahan is a prophet....that's nonsense....
Reply

Serinity
08-29-2016, 08:45 PM
Originally Posted by Huzaifah ibn Adam
One of the main reasons is because they believe the Jews and Christians of today will be going to Jannah.

Read this too:

https://m.facebook.com/permalink.php...16244508516315
Hopefully none of my relatives have been influenced or gullible enough to be decieved. Cuz I've been reading one of the books from Fethullah gulen. On Islamic Ettiquettes, and stuff like that.

may Allah :swt: protect us all, and guide us all. Ameen.
Reply

Mustafa16
08-29-2016, 09:29 PM
Originally Posted by Serinity
Hopefully none of my relatives have been influenced or gullible enough to be decieved. Cuz I've been reading one of the books from Fethullah gulen. On Islamic Ettiquettes, and stuff like that.

may Allah :swt: protect us all, and guide us all. Ameen.
what did you not like about his book, brother?
Reply

Huzaifah ibn Adam
08-29-2016, 10:05 PM
http://www.asic-sa.co.za/images/book...vement_pdf.pdf

Here's a Kitaab about them by Majlisul Ulama of South Africa, if you're interested in reading it.
Reply

Serinity
08-30-2016, 09:49 AM
Originally Posted by Mustafa16
what did you not like about his book, brother?
Well, till now, Idk much. It speaks of self-sacrifice and sacrificing your time, health and well-being for the greater good.

But there is a limit to sacrifice. Imo.

I just hope that IF they have some anti-Islamic perspectives, that we are able to see it.
To answer your question: I have not found anything of dislike. But what I disagree on is the scope of sacrifice. There is a limit to that.
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 26
    Last Post: 08-22-2016, 08:50 AM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-22-2013, 07:01 AM
  3. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 03-20-2010, 07:38 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-17-2007, 01:53 AM
  5. Replies: 118
    Last Post: 03-11-2007, 04:49 PM
HeartHijab.com | Hijab Sale | Pound Shop | UK Wholesale Certified Face Masks, Hand Sanitiser & PPE

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!