/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Maintenance Update

AabiruSabeel
08-27-2016, 03:37 AM
:salam:

Islamic Board had intermittent downtime during the last 12 hours due to maintenance work. During this time, we have optimised hard disk utilisation, and migrated to a new flexible server with better software.

We hope this downtime did not cause any major distress to you and that you've utilised the free time in other beneficial works.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AabiruSabeel
08-27-2016, 06:21 AM
Alhamdulillah, no posts were lost during the migration process.

Some of our members might be facing Unresolved DNS issues. That is because their browsers might not have cleared the old DNS cache. If you know anyone is facing this issue, ask them to run this command on their PCs:

ipconfig /flushdns

For details, please see this link: https://www.whatsmydns.net/flush-dns.html

sister herb
08-27-2016, 02:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ibn-Adam
Alhamdulillah, no posts were lost during the migration process.

Some of our members might be facing Unresolved DNS issues. That is because their browsers might not have cleared the old DNS cache. If you know anyone is facing this issue, ask them to run this command on their PCs:

ipconfig /flushdns

For details, please see this link: https://www.whatsmydns.net/flush-dns.html
I have problems now. I can´t open sections (when I click any of them, there will be empty page with "HTTP 404 - Page not found", only the lastest posts (which I see on the right at the main page). So I can´t make a new thread where I could ask what´s the problem. I already run that command mentioned above but it didn´t solve the problems. After that I couldn´t open the forum at all before I restarted my PC.

Heeelp!

AabiruSabeel
08-27-2016, 02:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb
I have problems now. I can´t open sections (when I click any of them, there will be empty page with "HTTP 404 - Page not found", only the lastest posts (which I see on the right at the main page). So I can´t make a new thread where I could ask what´s the problem. I already run that command mentioned above but it didn´t solve the problems. After that I couldn´t open the forum at all before I restarted my PC.

Heeelp!
Sorry for the inconvenience. We are working on it to solve the issue as soon as possible :ia:.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
noraina
08-27-2016, 02:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb

Heeelp!
I'm having the same problem as well.

JazakAllah khayr for all of your efforts, I know I wouldn't be able to manage all of these behind-the-scenes technical things.

AabiruSabeel
08-27-2016, 04:55 PM
We have tried to resolve the above issue. The sections work properly now, but I think this quick reply box has some missing icons. We will try to resolve this as well :ia:.

noraina
08-27-2016, 05:34 PM
Yes, everything's working now. JazakAllah khayr :)

Huzaifah ibn Adam
08-27-2016, 07:39 PM
Maashaa'Allaah. The staff members work very hard to maintain the forum and keep it running so smoothly. May Allaah Ta`aalaa reward them.

sister herb
08-27-2016, 08:02 PM
Salam alaykum

Yep, now it works again. Thanks for your efforts.

:statisfie

jameelash
08-31-2016, 06:06 PM
But i still cant open the mainforum.only the headings appear.cliking doesnt help.it doesnt open.

AabiruSabeel
08-31-2016, 06:07 PM
Sorry for the inconvenience. Can you please post a screenshot to describe it better?

AabiruSabeel
09-17-2016, 02:31 PM
:sl:

We have moved to a new host that provides better and faster CPU, and extra RAM and Hard Disk space for the same price. So now we running better software as well as better hardware than we had one month ago, Alhamdulillah.

There was a short downtime around 8-10 hours ago and then we started restoring all updated records. There was a mishap during this restore which deleted all PMs and now we are restoring them from a backup. Everything else will be the same :ia:.

greenhill
09-17-2016, 03:41 PM
Good on you getting a better deal. Alhamdulillah.

:peace:

Umm Abed
09-17-2016, 07:03 PM
Thanks for always trying to better the forum.

We appreciate it.

:jz:

Akhi_Umar
09-17-2016, 07:06 PM
:wa:

Alhamdulillah good news.

AabiruSabeel
10-12-2017, 06:20 PM

We are informed by our web host that our server needs some important hardware upgrades. During this maintenance process, the forum will be shut down for approximately 16 minutes :ia:. We are working with them to make sure it has the least effect to the forum and we are scheduling the maintenance to start at 11:30 pm (GMT) as that is the time when we receive the least number of visitors.

AabiruSabeel
10-12-2017, 11:23 PM
Update: the drive migration is now complete. It took around 5-6 minutes, less than expected, Alhamdulillah. There is no change to the forum.

Umm Abed
10-31-2017, 11:43 AM
Thanks!!

AabiruSabeel
11-18-2017, 06:21 PM

We received a new notice around 8 hours ago from our web host that the hardware on which our website is hosted on requires an emergency maintenance and it will have to be migrated to another hardware. Unfortunately, this has also caused a long downtime of around 8 hours.

It seems all other websites hosted on the same hardware are being migrated and our website is still in queue. It might be completed in a few hours.

Until then, the forum may not be available online all the time.

AabiruSabeel
11-18-2017, 08:11 PM
We have received confirmation from the host that the maintenance procedure is successfully completed. :alhamd: the forum is back to normal now.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.