/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How to focus on Allah?

mezzi_sohal
08-30-2016, 04:50 PM
When I try and make dua, one celebrity keeps intruding my thoughts. I just want to focus on Allah. Will I be punished for these thoughts? How can I make it stop?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Umm Abed
08-30-2016, 05:06 PM
No sister, you wont be punished, its involuntary those thoughts.

mezzi_sohal
08-30-2016, 05:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm Abed
No sister, you wont be punished, its involuntary those thoughts.
But I can't stop feeling guilty...now I am starting to question my intentions...I have been dealing with waswas like this for a long time. But this is the worst. I can't stop crying because I am so scared. I know Allah knows my intentions were to worship him when I was reciting duas (like surah Al Nas), but this face kept popping into my mind and now I am doubting my intentions...my faith is really being tested. I don't know what to do.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
08-30-2016, 06:14 PM
It is a Waswasah caused by Shaytaan. The best remedy for Wasaawis is to simply ignore them and recite the Ta`awwudh. They will eventually stop, In Shaa Allaah.

May Allaah Ta`aalaa grant you relief from all Wasaawis of Shaytaan, Aameen.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Umm Abed
08-30-2016, 06:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mezzi_sohal
But I can't stop feeling guilty...now I am starting to question my intentions...I have been dealing with waswas like this for a long time. But this is the worst. I can't stop crying because I am so scared. I know Allah knows my intentions were to worship him when I was reciting duas (like surah Al Nas), but this face kept popping into my mind and now I am doubting my intentions...my faith is really being tested. I don't know what to do.
No need to feel guilty - you'r already starting to question your intentions, which is exactly what the shaitan wants. So stop worrying right now and dont worry about the face popping in your mind -- let it pop, just dont be perturbed by it; and as brother Huzaifah advised, read Ta'awwudh and ignore. The less you worry about it the less it will worry you. Read a lot of istighfar throughout the day it will help also.

greenhill
08-30-2016, 07:05 PM
Everybody is affected in someway or other by waswas. And it is different between people, just like everything else about life.

The thing is, waswas is there as a distraction. And Satan knows about human. He observed very minutely our construction... how we were put together and the various portions of other magical dose of reason, emotions, conscience and desire, Satan was able to manipulate us by his thorough understanding of us better than we know ourselves, sadly but truth be told.

For now, yours is waswas, how Satan is plying his tricks on it. He wants to tire you and make you feel hopeless and give up on Allah. So, now when you catch yourself having those thoughts, correct yourself and re focus.

Don't make a drama out of it. It serves no purpose. Just get on with your intention.

:peace:

Kiro
08-31-2016, 12:01 AM
Do dhikr, reflect on life, ponder the verses of Allah and do long sessions of sujood towards the kaaba for the next 7 days after every salah

Little_Lion
08-31-2016, 12:44 AM
Make it a point to see Allah's work in everything in your life, from the happenings to the things you pass by. When you really start to pay attention to the clouds, to the rocks outside where you take your break at work, to the trees, to the wonders of architecture, and to the huge variety of creatures and people you meet and keep in mind that it is all by ALLAH'S WILL, it actually becomes difficult NOT to focus on Allah - it becomes habit. A good​ habit. :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.