PDA

View Full Version : Where Is Allah Subhana Wa Talah

mission2succeed
09-04-2016, 04:34 PM
:sl:

Where Is Allah Subhana Wa Talah?

He is NOT here, there, and everywhere!

He is NOT in a state of non-existence!
(neither inside the world nor outside of it)

He is NOT in the sky or the heavens!

Ar-Rahmaanu 'alal 'Arshis tawaa

The Most Gracious ISTAWA (ascended) above His 'ARSH (Throne)
(in a particular way that befits His Majesty and Greatness)

Surah Ta-Ha- 20:05

ALLAH IS ASCENDED UPON THE 'ARSH ABOVE THE SEVEN HEAVENS

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-04-2016, 05:45 PM
وعليكم السلام ورحمة الله وبركاته

Sister, this is a topic which is not advisable to post publicly due to the confusion it spreads among people and because they are not obliged to question it or learn about it. A person who, prior to this, hadn't the slightest thought in his mind about "Where is Allaah" all of a sudden becomes obsessed by it. It is also the kind of thread which sparks debates which carry on for years...

Because if you say Allaah is ascended upon the `Arsh, another person will respond by quoting the following Aayaat:

قَالَ كَلَّا فَاذْهَبَا بِآيَاتِنَا إِنَّا مَعَكُمْ مُسْتَمِعُونَ

"He (Allaah) said, "Never! Go (forth) with Our Signs; indeed, We are with you, listening." [Soorah ash-Shu`araa, 26:15]

هُوَ الَّذِي خَلَقَ السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالْأَرْضَ فِي سِتَّةِ أَيَّامٍ ثُمَّ اسْتَوَى عَلَى الْعَرْشِ يَعْلَمُ مَا يَلِجُ فِي الْأَرْضِ وَمَا يَخْرُجُ مِنْهَا وَمَا يَنْزِلُ مِنَ السَّمَاءِ وَمَا يَعْرُجُ فِيهَا وَهُوَ مَعَكُمْ أَيْنَ مَا كُنْتُمْ وَاللَّهُ بِمَا تَعْمَلُونَ بَصِيرٌ

"He (Allaah) is the One Who created the heavens and the earth in six days then Istawaa above the `Arsh. He knows what goes into the earth and what comes out of it; what descends from the heavens and what ascends thereto. And He is with you wherever you may be, and Allaah is All-Seeing over whatever you do." [Soorah al-Hadeed, 57:4]

وَنَحْنُ أَقْرَبُ إِلَيْهِ مِنْكُمْ وَلَكِنْ لَا تُبْصِرُونَ

"We (Allaah) are nearer to him than you are, but you do not see (that)." [Soorah al-Waaqi`ah, 56:85]

وَلَقَدْ خَلَقْنَا الْإِنْسَانَ وَنَعْلَمُ مَا تُوَسْوِسُ بِهِ نَفْسُهُ وَنَحْنُ أَقْرَبُ إِلَيْهِ مِنْ حَبْلِ الْوَرِيدِ

"And indeed We have created Insaan (mankind) and We know what his Nafs whispers to him, and We are closer to him than the jugular vein." [Soorah Qaaf, 50:16]

أَلَمْ تَرَ أَنَّ اللَّهَ يَعْلَمُ مَا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ مَا يَكُونُ مِنْ نَجْوَى ثَلَاثَةٍ إِلَّا هُوَ رَابِعُهُمْ وَلَا خَمْسَةٍ إِلَّا هُوَ سَادِسُهُمْ وَلَا أَدْنَى مِنْ ذَلِكَ وَلَا أَكْثَرَ إِلَّا هُوَ مَعَهُمْ أَيْنَ مَا كَانُوا ثُمَّ يُنَبِّئُهُمْ بِمَا عَمِلُوا يَوْمَ الْقِيَامَةِ إِنَّ اللَّهَ بِكُلِّ شَيْءٍ عَلِيمٌ

"Do you not see that Allaah knows whatever is in the heavens and the earth? There is no gathering of three except that He is the fourth; no gathering of five except that He is the sixth; nor any (number) less than that or more except that He is with them wherever they may be. Then, He will inform them on the Day of Qiyaamah of what they used to do. Indeed, Allaah is All-Knowing over all things." [Soorah al-Mujaadalah, 58:7]

قَالَ لَا تَخَافَا إِنَّنِي مَعَكُمَا أَسْمَعُ وَأَرَى

"Do not fear. I (Allaah) am with both of you (Moosaa and Haaroon), hearing and seeing." [Soorah Taa-Haa, 20:46]

وإِذَا سَأَلَكَ عِبَادِي عَنِّي فَإِنِّي قَرِيبٌ أُجِيبُ دَعْوَةَ الدَّاعِ إِذَا دَعَانِ فَلْيَسْتَجِيبُوا لِي وَلْيُؤْمِنُوا بِي لَعَلَّهُمْ يَرْشُدُونَ

"And when My slaves ask you (O Nabi of Allaah صلى الله عليه وسلم) concerning Me, tell them that I am near. I respond to the call of the caller when he calls upon Me. So let them respond to Me and believe in Me so that they may be rightly guided." [Soorah al-Baqarah, 2:186]

إِلَّا تَنْصُرُوهُ فَقَدْ نَصَرَهُ اللَّهُ إِذْ أَخْرَجَهُ الَّذِينَ كَفَرُوا ثَانِيَ اثْنَيْنِ إِذْ هُمَا فِي الْغَارِ إِذْ يَقُولُ لِصَاحِبِهِ لَا تَحْزَنْ إِنَّ اللَّهَ مَعَنَا فَأَنْزَلَ اللَّهُ سَكِينَتَهُ عَلَيْهِ وَأَيَّدَهُ بِجُنُودٍ لَمْ تَرَوْهَا وَجَعَلَ كَلِمَةَ الَّذِينَ كَفَرُوا السُّفْلَى وَكَلِمَةُ اللَّهِ هِيَ الْعُلْيَا وَاللَّهُ عَزِيزٌ حَكِيمٌ

"If you do not help him (Rasoolullaah صلى الله عليه وسلم) then (it does not matter) indeed Allaah had helped him when those who disbelieved drove him out, the second of the two; when they (Rasoolullaah صلى الله عليه وسلم and Abu Bakr as-Siddeeq رضي الله عنه) were in the cave. When he said to him companion (Abu Bakr as-Siddeeq), "Do not be sad (or afraid); indeed, Allaah is with us." Then Allaah sent down His Sakeenah (calmness; tranquility; peace) upon him and strengthened him with forces which you did not see, and made the word of those who disbelived the lowest, while the Word of Allaah is most high, and Allaah is All-Mighty, All-Wise." [Soorah at-Tawbah, 9:40]

فَلَمَّا تَرَاءَى الْجَمْعَانِ قَالَ أَصْحَابُ مُوسَى إِنَّا لَمُدْرَكُونَ قَالَ كَلَّا إِنَّ مَعِيَ رَبِّي سَيَهْدِينِ

"When the two armies (i.e. the army of Fir`own and the army of Moosaa عليه السلام) saw each other, the companions of Moosaa said, "We are overtaken." He said, "Never. My Rabb is with me. He will guide me." [Soorah ash-Shu`araa, 26:62]

M.I.A.
09-04-2016, 06:14 PM
quran 58:7

I remembered it as two or three but I guess I was mistaken.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-04-2016, 06:27 PM
There is also the Hadeeth wherein Rasoolullaah صلى الله عليه وسلم says:

إنّ أفضل الإيمان أن تعلم أن الله معك حيث ما كنت

"The best of Imaan is to know that Allaah is with you wherever you are." [Narrated in al-Mu`jam al-Awsat of Imaam at-Tabraani.]

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-04-2016, 06:31 PM
The best answer to give if someone asks you "Where is Allaah?" is the answer the Qur'aan itself gives.

I quoted the Aayah earlier and I will quote it again. Read carefully:

وإِذَا سَأَلَكَ عِبَادِي عَنِّي فَإِنِّي قَرِيبٌ أُجِيبُ دَعْوَةَ الدَّاعِ إِذَا دَعَانِ فَلْيَسْتَجِيبُوا لِي وَلْيُؤْمِنُوا بِي لَعَلَّهُمْ يَرْشُدُونَ

"And when My slaves ask you (O Nabi of Allaah صلى الله عليه وسلم) concerning Me (i.e. when they ask you where I am), tell them that I am near. I respond to the call of the caller when he calls upon Me. So let them respond to Me and believe in Me so that they may be rightly guided." [Soorah al-Baqarah, 2:186]

This is the answer that the Qur'aan itself gives. "Innee Qareeb" (I am near). What is the need to delve into issues of Kalaam, metaphysics, philosophy, etc.? Sahaabah asked Rasoolullaah صلى الله عليه وسلم if Allaah is far away so that they have to shout when making Du`aa, or is He near so that they can whisper. Allaah Ta`aalaa responded in the Qur'aan by saying "I am near."

That is it. Plain and simple. We need to accept the Sifaat of Allaah Ta`aalaa without delving into them, because our minds can never comprehend Allaah Sub-haanahu wa Ta`aalaa.

Kiro
09-04-2016, 07:21 PM
wswrb

above The Throne...

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-04-2016, 07:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kiro
wswrb

above The Throne...
Where have you materialised from?

M.I.A.
09-04-2016, 07:33 PM
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al-Baqara_255

Kiro
09-04-2016, 08:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Huzaifah ibn Adam
Where have materialised from?
You don't need to know the dimensions of God, we know little what the being of God but is described in ayatul Kursi.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-04-2016, 09:02 PM
Allaah Ta`aalaa is free from having dimensions.

The point is, you will get those who argue that Allaah Ta`aalaa is fis-Samaa', above the `Arsh. You will get those who argue that "Allaah Ta`aalaa is everywhere." You will get those who argue that "Allaah Ta`aalaa exists without a place." But the thing is, Sahaabah-e-Kiraam never had debated these issues. In fact, they never even discussed it. They knew that there is no benefit in arguing regarding the Dhaat and Sifaat of Allaah Ta`aalaa, as people cannot understand it. It is far beyond their understanding.

It is sufficient to believe this: "I believe whatever Allaah Ta`aalaa has said about Himself and whatever Rasoolullaah صلى الله عليه وسلم has said about Him." With regards to the "Aynallaah" (Where is Allaah) question: "My belief regarding it is whatever Allaah Ta`aalaa has said about it in the Qur'aan."

Why do we need to delve into the issue?

If you get a Salafi, a Harari/Ahbaash guy and a Deobandi in this thread, they will debate the issue for 149 years without reaching a conclusion. I know this for a fact. I myself was one of those who, in the past, used to have long discussions and debates regarding it on many different forums as well as in real life, and those debates had been raging on the forums before I got there and they were going on after I left and lasted till the forums eventually shut down. No conclusions were ever reached, and nobody benefited in the least.

They would have benefited more discussing Fiqh issues and things which they can practically implement in their lives, like following the Sunnah.

talibilm
09-05-2016, 12:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by mission2succeed

Where Is Allah Subhana Wa Talah?

He is NOT here, there, and everywhere!

He is NOT in a state of non-existence!
(neither inside the world nor outside of it)

He is NOT in the sky or the heavens!

Ar-Rahmaanu 'alal 'Arshis tawaa

The Most Gracious ISTAWA (ascended) above His 'ARSH (Throne)
(in a particular way that befits His Majesty and Greatness)

Surah Ta-Ha- 20:05

ALLAH IS ASCENDED UPON THE 'ARSH ABOVE THE SEVEN HEAVENS

Its True Allah is on his throne , His Arsh but he is present everywhere with his knowledge and not a leaf of the zillions of leaves falls without his knowledge (the Noble quran) , He is All Hearing & seeing (my experience too & his experience as well at 10 minutes ticker here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xhZ00xnHIA ) and nothing is spoken in secret between two UNLESS ALLAH is the third one present among them.

Just a parable of his presence near us (Allah can't be compared to anything EXACTLY ) though the Sun is away from us a 150 million kms aways but the sun's Warmth & the brightness can be felt even in a deeper part of a tiny room. So Allah is everywhere with his knowledge and those beautiful verses of Brother above are the proofs from the Noble Quran.

talibilm
09-05-2016, 12:38 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Huzaifah ibn Adam
Allaah Ta`aalaa is free from having dimensions.

The point is, you will get those who argue that Allaah Ta`aalaa is fis-Samaa', above the `Arsh. You will get those who argue that "Allaah Ta`aalaa is everywhere." You will get those who argue that "Allaah Ta`aalaa exists without a place." But the thing is, Sahaabah-e-Kiraam never had debated these issues. In fact, they never even discussed it. They knew that there is no benefit in arguing regarding the Dhaat and Sifaat of Allaah Ta`aalaa, as people cannot understand it. It is far beyond their understanding.

It is sufficient to believe this: "I believe whatever Allaah Ta`aalaa has said about Himself and whatever Rasoolullaah صلى الله عليه وسلم has said about Him." With regards to the "Aynallaah" (Where is Allaah) question: "My belief regarding it is whatever Allaah Ta`aalaa has said about it in the Qur'aan."

Why do we need to delve into the issue?

If you get a Salafi, a Harari/Ahbaash guy and a Deobandi in this thread, they will debate the issue for 149 years without reaching a conclusion. I know this for a fact. I myself was one of those who, in the past, used to have long discussions and debates regarding it on many different forums as well as in real life, and those debates had been raging on the forums before I got there and they were going on after I left and lasted till the forums eventually shut down. No conclusions were ever reached, and nobody benefited in the least.

They would have benefited more discussing Fiqh issues and things which they can practically implement in their lives, like following the Sunnah.

Yes Brother Huzaifa is to the Point. we should not debate on the Nature or Sifat of Allah swt (Subhanallah ) who is so pure that he can't enter the minds of Humans who were created from a Najis. We are barred by the Noble Quran to debate or think too much on it EXCEPT what is mentioned in the noble Quran and NOT MORE THAN THAT .

Instead the Noble Quran stresses to think & ponder on the maqlooq or the Creations of Allah to know the Might of Allah. Even inspite of 10,000 folds of Scientific Advancement when we humans cant EVEN understand our Human Soul , how are we going to understand the Nature of Allah ?

Muslim Woman
09-05-2016, 02:43 PM
:wa:

Better to avoid unnecessary debate.:threadclo:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.