/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Qurbani for Non-Pilgrims: wajib (obligatory) or stressed Sunnah

startingarabic
09-05-2016, 12:25 PM
DHU'L-HIJJAH 1437H (2016CE): According to the decision of the High Judiciary Council of Saudi Arabia, the 1st of Dhu'l-Hijjah will be on Saturday 3 September 2016. The Muslims performing Hajj will be in 'Arafah on Sunday 11 September 2016 (9 Dhu'l-Hijjah 1437), and 'Eid ul-'Adha shall be on Monday 12 September 2016 (10 Dhu'l-Hijjah 1437).

(A) that it is wajib (obligatory). This is the opinion of the Imams Abu Hanifah (d. 150H), al-Awza'i (d. 157H) and al-Layth (d. 175H), and it is one of the two opinions narrated from Imam Ahmad (d. 241H). It was also the opinion of Shaykh ul-Islam Ibn Taymiyah (d. 728H), and is one of the two opinions in the madhhab of Imam Malik (d. 179H), or is what seems to be the madhhab of Imam Malik. Those who favour this opinion take the following as evidence:
1.The verse: "Therefore turn in prayer to your Lord and sacrifice (to Him only)." [Al-Qur'an 108:2]. This is a command, and a command implies that something is obligatory.
2.The Hadith of Jundub, may Allah be pleased with him, who reported that the Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, said: "Whoever slaughtered his sacrifice before he prays, let him slaughter another one in its place, and whoever did not slaughter a sacrifice, let him do so in the name of Allah." [Reported by Muslim (3621)]
3.The Hadith: "Whoever can afford to offer a sacrifice but does not do so, let him not approach our place of prayer." [Reported by Ahmad and Ibn Majah; classed as sahih by al-Hakim from the Hadith of Abu Hurayrah, may Allah be pleased with him. It says in Al-Fath al-Bari that its men are all sound]

(B) that it is a stressed Sunnah. This is the opinion of the majority, and it is the madhhab of Imam ash-Shafi'i (d. 204H) and the better-known opinion of Imams Malik and Ahmad but most of those who favour this opinion state that it is disliked for the one who is able to offer a sacrifice to neglect to do so. They base their opinion on the following:
1.The Hadith of Jabir, may Allah be pleased with him, in Sunan Abi Dawud, where he said: "I prayed 'Eid ul-Adha with the Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, and when he finished (the prayer), he was brought two rams, and he sacrificed them. He said, 'In the Name of Allah, Allah is Most Great. This is on behalf of myself and any member of my Ummah who did not offer a sacrifice.' " [Sunan Abi Dawud bi Sharh Muhammad Shams al-Haq Abadi (7/486)]
2.The Hadith reported by all the famous scholars of Hadith apart from al-Bukhari: "Whoever among you wants to offer a sacrifice, let him not take (cut) anything from his hair or nails."

more information
http://sunnahonline.com/library/hajj...r-non-pilgrims
http://ummahboard.com/showthread.php...l-Hijjah/page2

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
revertsister88
09-08-2016, 08:14 PM
Salaams sisters and brothers

Are there any charities that can be recommended for qurbani?

JazakAllah khair :)

Little_Lion
09-08-2016, 09:03 PM
https://humanappeal.org.uk/appeals/qurbani/?=488282

I have heard good things about this one.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.