/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Fear of jinns

500yardsoffo
09-09-2016, 09:40 AM
When i was a child, i used to be afraid of dark and being alone in our house and any other place where no one used to be present. It was because i used to fear ghosts and their scary faces (which i used to watch in TV seasons etc). Now as i grew up, the fear did not go away. After I studied Islam, i came to know that there are no ghosts and the only potentially harmful invisible thing that is present is Jinns. And now i am afraid of jinns because there people here telling that jinns can harm humans physically. What should i do to protect myself from harm and fear of jinns?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
mission2succeed
09-09-2016, 10:10 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by 500yardsoffo
When i was a child, i used to be afraid of dark and being alone in our house and any other place where no one used to be present. It was because i used to fear ghosts and their scary faces (which i used to watch in TV seasons etc). Now as i grew up, the fear did not go away. After I studied Islam, i came to know that there are no ghosts and the only potentially harmful invisible thing that is present is Jinns. And now i am afraid of jinns because there people here telling that jinns can harm humans physically. What should i do to protect myself from harm and fear of jinns?
You shouldn't fear them there is no reason to. Read surah Ikhlas, surah Falaq, Surah Naas and Aytal kursi. Also read your morning and evening supplications. Keep your tongue busy with the remembrance of Allah Subhanah wa Talah.

mission2succeed
09-09-2016, 11:21 AM

In Surah Al-Imran Ayah 175 it says:

That is only Satan who frightens [you] of his supporters. So fear them not, but fear Me, if you are [indeed] believers.

Eric H
09-09-2016, 12:24 PM
Greetings and peace be with you 500yardsoffo;

I would rather be hit, than live in fear of being hit.

For the last eight and a half years I have been going out with the Street Pastor teams, until 3 - 4 am after the pubs have shut. We come into contact with violence fights and angry people, I cannot remember how many times I have stood in the middle of people fighting with the hope of trying to bring about some peace. I can only say that I experience an inner peace that is beyond my understanding, somehow these angry people take away my peace, and I seem to absorb their anger.

You already have the power to overcome your fear, you do not have to believe me, you only have to believe in yourself and believe that Allah is looking after you, Allah is more powerful than any jinn.

In the spirit of praying for a peace that transcends all understanding.

Eric

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-09-2016, 01:02 PM
Don't fear anyone besides Allaah. All of creation are powerless. The Jinn is just a creation like any other.

500yardsoffo
09-09-2016, 01:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Huzaifah ibn Adam
Don't fear anyone besides Allaah. All of creation are powerless. The Jinn is just a creation like any other.
It is a fact that jinns harm people and the problem is that me fearing jinns or not fearing jinns cannot change the fact that thay can harm me. I mean if some jinn wants to harm me then me not fearing him cannot stop him.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-09-2016, 01:14 PM
It is a fact that jinns harm people and the problem is that me fearing jinns or not fearing jinns cannot change the fact that thay can harm me. I mean if some jinn wants to harm me then me not fearing him cannot stop him.
If you seek protection in Allaah, no Jinn can harm you.

Recite Ta`awwudh 10 times in the morning and ten times in the evening. Recite the last Rukoo` of Soorah al-Baqarah at night. Try to be with Wudhoo at all times. Recite more Qur'aan and increase your Dhikr. Be sure to make your five daily Salaah.

If you do this, Shaytaan cannot harm you, In Shaa Allaah.

Iblees himself, the father of all Shayaateen, was too afraid to walk in the same street as Hadhrat `Umar ibn al-Khattaab رضي الله عنه. Rasoolullaah صلى الله عليه وسلم said to Hadhrat `Umar رضي الله عنه, "Never does Shaytaan see you on a road but he takes another road other than your road."

500yardsoffo
09-09-2016, 01:24 PM

Recite Ta`awwudh 10 times in the morning and ten times in the evening. Recite the last Rukoo` of Soorah al-Baqarah at night. Try to be with Wudhoo at all times. Recite more Qur'aan and increase your Dhikr. Be sure to make your five daily Salaah.

Iblees himself, the father of all Shayaateen, was too afraid to walk in the same street as Hadhrat `Umar ibn al-Khattaab رضي الله عنه. Rasoolullaah صلى الله عليه وسلم said to Hadhrat `Umar رضي الله عنه, "Never does Shaytaan see you on a road but he takes another road other than your road."
Thank you for giving the example of Hazrat Umar (r.z). It motivated me :)

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-09-2016, 01:27 PM
Read this:

https://archive.org/details/TheRushTowardsWrestling

You'll find stories of Sahaabah wrestling against Jinns and beating them easily. Alhamdulillaah.

500yardsoffo
09-09-2016, 01:48 PM
Read this:

You'll find stories of Sahaabah wrestling against Jinns and beating them easily. Alhamdulillaah.
Can't view it. Can you please post it here.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-09-2016, 01:53 PM
https://ia801205.us.archive.org/26/i...0Wrestling.pdf

Here you go. See if you are able to download it.

Note: If you want to download it through a download manager like FlashGet, then when pasting the link be sure to remove the "s" in "https".

500yardsoffo
09-09-2016, 02:02 PM

Note: If you want to download it through a download manager like FlashGet, then when pasting the link be sure to remove the "s" in "https".
Can't download it. Is there any other way you can share this file?

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-09-2016, 02:05 PM
What happens when you click the link? It should open up a new window and load in there, and then you can just click "save" at the top. What browser are you using?

500yardsoffo
09-09-2016, 02:10 PM
What happens when you click the link? It should open up a new window and load in there, and then you can just click "save" at the top. What browser are you using?
It redirects to adobe reader which gives a message "the file could not be downloaded l. Please save it in you local storage and then try to open it."

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-09-2016, 02:35 PM
It's because you're trying to open it on mobile, correct?

Little_Lion
09-09-2016, 04:27 PM
I am on a PC and cannot download it either. Adobe says there is a problem with the item's content.

500yardsoffo
09-09-2016, 04:37 PM
It's because you're trying to open it on mobile, correct?
Yes.

Akhi_Umar
09-09-2016, 04:39 PM
:sl:

You have nothing to fear other than Allah SWT.

Kiro
09-09-2016, 04:52 PM
Hakkuna Matatta

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-09-2016, 05:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Little_Lion
I am on a PC and cannot download it either. Adobe says there is a problem with the item's content.
That's strange. It opens up fine by me.

Do you have an account by Archive.org? If not, then that's the only possible reason I can see as to why it wouldn't open.

500yardsoffo
09-09-2016, 05:38 PM
That's strange. It opens up fine by me.

Do you have an account by Archive.org? If not, then that's the only possible reason I can see as to why it wouldn't open.

Got the pdf file after registering on that site . :)

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-09-2016, 05:45 PM
Alhamdulillaah.

Abz2000
09-09-2016, 06:01 PM
Recite Quran in Arabic and in the language you understand best, some jinns aren't devils, they are good, and others are neutral, heedless and undecided, you never know, you may be a source of right guidance for them and a copy of their good actions may be deposited in your account and you may be pleasantly surprised on the day of judgement.

Eric H
09-10-2016, 07:47 AM
Greetings nd peace be with you 500yardsoffo;

When i was a child, i used to be afraid of dark and being alone in our house and any other place where no one used to be present. It was because i used to fear ghosts and their scary faces (which i used to watch in TV seasons etc).
Have ghosts ever hurt you? If they haven't, you have spent all those years needlessly being afraid of nothing.

Now as i grew up, the fear did not go away. After I studied Islam, i came to know that there are no ghosts and the only potentially harmful invisible thing that is present is Jinns. And now i am afraid of jinns because there people here telling that jinns can harm humans physically.
Have jinns ever hurt you? If they haven't, you have spent all those years needlessly living in fear of nothing.

What should i do to protect myself from harm and fear of jinns?
If I was afraid of everything I should be afraid of, I would be a nervous wreck, and probably do nothing in my life. I could get hit by a car, someone could stab me in the back, I could get harmful germs, there are thousands of things in this life that could harm me.

I give thanks that God has looked after me these last 67 years, learn to give thanks for several things every day. Thank Allah that you have not been harmed by jinns yesterday, and remember to thank Allah daily for all the things in your life.

In the spirit of placing all our trust in God.

Eric

500yardsoffo
09-10-2016, 08:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Eric H
Greetings nd peace be with you 500yardsoffo;

Have ghosts ever hurt you? If they haven't, you have spent all those years needlessly being afraid of nothing.

Have jinns ever hurt you? If they haven't, you have spent all those years needlessly living in fear of nothing.

If I was afraid of everything I should be afraid of, I would be a nervous wreck, and probably do nothing in my life. I could get hit by a car, someone could stab me in the back, I could get harmful germs, there are thousands of things in this life that could harm me.

I give thanks that God has looked after me these last 67 years, learn to give thanks for several things every day. Thank Allah that you have not been harmed by jinns yesterday, and remember to thank Allah daily for all the things in your life.

In the spirit of placing all our trust in God.

Eric
Thank you eric :)

Eric H
09-11-2016, 04:38 AM

Thank you eric :)
And thank you for the smiley face :barak:

I was just thinking a little more about the fear of ghosts, and maybe think of it this way by saying to yourself, I would rather be attacked by ghosts, rather than live in fear of being attacked by ghosts.

Say to yourself, I would rather be attacked by jinns, rather than live in fear of being attacked by jinns.

In life, I think you always become either more fearful, or less fearful, but you have to do things to prove to yourself that you are less fearful. When I was growing up, I was bitten by dogs a couple of times, and for years I was afraid when there were dogs around. Someone told me that the best way to react when dogs are around, is to stay fairly still and lower your hand for them to sniff. The fear is that the nose and teeth of a dog are in the same place. However, I did try, and the more I tried, I found that dogs just came up and sniffed then went away.

I know that fear is very real for the majority of people, but I also know that you can overcome it. Your life is in the hands of Allah, you just have to accept that he will not place a burden on you, that you cannot overcome.

In the spirit of praying for an inner peace that surpasses all understanding.

Eric

talibilm
09-11-2016, 06:25 AM

format_quote Originally Posted by Eric H

I would rather be hit, than live in fear of being hit.

For the last eight and a half years I have been going out with the Street Pastor teams, until 3 - 4 am after the pubs have shut. We come into contact with violence fights and angry people, I cannot remember how many times I have stood in the middle of people fighting with the hope of trying to bring about some peace. I can only say that I experience an inner peace that is beyond my understanding, somehow these angry people take away my peace, and I seem to absorb their anger.

You already have the power to overcome your fear, you do not have to believe me, you only have to believe in yourself and believe that Allah is looking after you, Allah is more powerful than any jinn.

In the spirit of praying for a peace that transcends all understanding.

Eric
Brother Eric

I am always astonished by most of your posts since you always sound like a Muhmin (upper grade of a Muslim) but am perplexed since still you never embraced Islam.

frankly could you kindly, PLEASE open your heart what stops you from doing that ?? :D

talibilm
09-11-2016, 06:41 AM

:sl:

Dogs & Jinns can see each other and also posses some same traits. Jinns ALIKE dogs have the nature to threat people but if the believer is strong jinns become afraid of the people or VICE VERSA, like dogs if you run they will chase you but if you turn back and stare at them, they retreat.

Read Ayatul Qursi by which Allah appoints an angel to protect you through the night (hadith).

Eric H
09-12-2016, 07:43 AM
Greetings and peace be with you talibilm;

Dogs & Jinns can see each other and also posses some same traits. Jinns ALIKE dogs have the nature to threat people but if the believer is strong jinns become afraid of the people or VICE VERSA, like dogs if you run they will chase you but if you turn back and stare at them, they retreat.
I am looking for a different outcome, I do not want dogs to be afraid of me, and I do not want to be afraid of them, rather we should all get to like each other. I can't speak about jinns, although I wonder if you could go for the same kind of outcome.

Brother Eric

I am always astonished by most of your posts since you always sound like a Muhmin (upper grade of a Muslim) but am perplexed since still you never embraced Islam.
Thank you brother talibilm, there is no compulsion in religion, and I would ask, did Allah make a mistake when he made you a wonderful Muslim? And the answer is no, Allah does not make mistakes. So did Allah make a mistake when he chose me to be a Catholic? because I seem to have found a real peace through my faith.

Allah chooses whom he wills, it seems beyond my understanding, that he chooses us in different ways. But I sense that the purpose posed for mankind is this, how do we get on with each other despite our differences. If I take on board all the press on Muslims today, then I should live in fear of you all, but fear is an absence of love, and I don't want the barrier of fear between us.

In the spirit of praying to 'One God'

Eric

Serinity
09-12-2016, 09:46 AM
you can not trust Jinns, you don't know who is good and who is bad. And they are known for lying, and twisting the truth.

Of course we have our Muslim Jinn brothers and sisters. A truly practicing Muslim Jinn would not (afaik) approach a human. A scholar can correct me tho. They like to instill fear, so do not fear.

The more you fear, the more they like to tease you.

mashaallah04
09-12-2016, 09:58 AM
Make sure you read ayatal kursi for protection hopefully it goes away insha allah

praisetoallah
04-12-2017, 05:53 PM
When you fear something you give it strength

whosebob
05-04-2017, 07:47 PM
I am leaving this info on this thread incase someone needs it.

Islamic solution to schizophrenia that helps me.

I have schizophrenia but I have found the solution that helps me. There are times when this solution is too difficult for me especially when I am being overwhelmed. When things are easier, when the voices are not too much then I go back to my regiment. It’s important because it is a form of meditation that is very peaceful. My parents and family were also very patient with me when this all started, this was also vital. The important thing for me is that I was reminded everyday of God’s oneness. This really helped me because I was hearing terrible things about God.

The solution that helps me.

1. I Pray everyday
In Islam, Muslims pray 5 times a day. When this all started all I could do was prostrate and declare God’s oneness with my index finger. But things did get better for a while. I still struggle with prayers but I still do my best which does make me feel better.

2. I write to God about my life in a dairy.
My problem is that I forget easily the blessing in my life. Hearing the voices everyday makes one really depressed. But having a diary to God really helps me. Reason being is that I replace a negative thought process with a positive one. I don’t write about negative things in my diary. I talk about comics, good jokes, heaven, art, computer graphics, good deeds that I see people doing and especially my family and friends etc.

3. I Recite God’s names
In Islam, God has many names which relate to his personality. This helps me understand God better which helps me realize that God is with me through my sickness God willing.

The following are examples are God’s names
God: Allah
God the Merciful : ar-Raheem
God the Healer : al-Qayoom
God the Compassionate : ash-Shafee
God the Granter of Peace: as-Salaam

I was really struggling in the beginning and then I found a book of God’s names. The first name I read was (al-Muqmeen) God - The preserver of faith. To this day it’s one of my favourite names of God because I do believe without His support I would have lost faith a long time ago.

Please note: I try everyday to make relevant prayers by each of God’s names. For instance God the healer (al-Qayoom), Here, I pray for my health as well as my family and friends etc It really helps me find peace. In Islam we repeat God’s names as a form of Meditation. It’s called thikr. We use rosemary beads which really helps Muslims go to a peaceful place.

4. I also Read Quran/Surah Hasr
Allah is He than whom there is no other god Who knows (all things) both secret and open; He Most Gracious Most Merciful.

Allah is He other than whom there is no other god the sovereign, the Holy One, the Source of Peace (and Perfection), The Guardian of Faith, the Preserver of Safety, the Exalted in Might, the Irresistible, the Supreme: Glory to Allah! (high is He) above the partners they attribute to Him.

He is Allah, the Creator, the Evolver, the Bestower of Forms (or colors). To Him belong the Most Beautiful Names: Whatever is in the heavens and on earth doth declare His Praises and Glory: and He is the exalted in Might the Wise.

5.I also Read Quran/Surah al-Ikhlaṣ

Say, "He is Allah, [who is] One,
Allah, the Eternal Refuge.
He neither begets nor is born,
Nor is there to none like unto Him."

6. I take Medication
I do take medication which really helps. I did find a psychiatrist and medication that suits me. I believe God provides relief that’s why I never forget to take my meds.

I hope that this information helps you and all those suffering from schizophrenia.

Peace and Blessings be upon you

whosebob
05-04-2017, 07:48 PM
Here is a nice prayer from the Quran that helps me whenever I am being overwhelmed.

Rabbi inni maghlubun fantassir (O Allah! I am overcome, help me. (Surat al- Qamar, 10)

whosebob
05-04-2017, 07:52 PM
I've been attacked by Jinn for a long time, now. In the beginning I was very scared but now I am coping, mashallah. I know Allah is more powerful than them Alhamdullilah. That why it is Akunna Matatta mashallah. I am a good muslim and I have nothing to fear except Allah, mashallah. So take it easy, Allah will protect you inshallah.

cinnamonrolls1
05-04-2017, 07:52 PM
^^^^^ very helpful and informative. Im not schizophrenic myself however this is valuable info. May Allah help you with your schizophrenia.

Serinity
05-04-2017, 08:36 PM
:salam:

THe shirky thoughts is messing up my ability to do homework :( i should just ignore them - yes.

But they make me FEEL shirky whenever i go into analytical mode or try to do exams.

Allahu alam

AbdurRahman.
05-04-2017, 10:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by whosebob
I've been attacked by Jinn for a long time, now. In the beginning I was very scared but now I am coping, mashallah. I know Allah is more powerful than them Alhamdullilah. That why it is Akunna Matatta mashallah. I am a good muslim and I have nothing to fear except Allah, mashallah. So take it easy, Allah will protect you inshallah.
nice one Bob, thats the way to deal with it! :thumbs_up

and on a side note hope you dont mind me being a 'mirror' to you :), it will help the jinn loosen it's grip on you even more for it takes advantage of whatever 'weakness' it can find in a muslim

basically to say 'i'm a good muslim' is in a way arrogance, now i know your not arrogant but saying that just may somehow turn into that; let me give you the reference where i got it from too; Shaykh Hamza Yusuf [ra] said that to say, 'welcome to my humble home' is an arrogant comment too because a person calls himself humble so i think this applys to any type of self praise

whosebob
05-05-2017, 05:21 AM
To have self confidence is good. You must have it because guilt is also a sin if taken to far. Doubt is one of the ways Shaitan uses on believers to make them feel guilty and depressed. There is only two options. You either good or your bad. I prefer to make a choice that I am good muslim. What is wrong knowing who you are?

Imagine you on your deathbed and Shaitan tells you, you are a bad muslim to cause the believer to fall into despair of Allah's mercy. Are you going to believe him? No you won't because you know you are a good muslim. You must have confidence in yourself or else Shaitan will use this against you.

The only one I try to impress is Allah, as long as I know this and not worry about what other people think, then I know I am not arrogant.

YahyaAE
05-05-2017, 06:56 AM
The thing that makes jinn scary for me is that if I could be invisible to an entire species (in this case humans), do you know how many practical jokes I would be pulling on them? Of course if I was a jinn, I would be Muslim anyway so I wouldn't do that... most of the time ;)

Anyway. Only fear Allah.

Muslimah inshal
05-05-2017, 07:13 AM
Brother I always recite after praying maghrib and after praying Fajr this duaa :
Bismillah alladi la yadurro ma'a ismahu shay-un fil ardi wala fi assama-a wa huwa assami-'u al 'aliim (×3) and then you end up saying Alhamdulillahi rabbi al 'alamiin . And you will be protected inshallah .

Bobbyflay23
05-05-2017, 09:57 AM
The more you show fear the more they whisper to you and play with you

Eric H
05-05-2017, 10:44 PM
Greetings and peace be with you praisetoallah;

When you fear something you give it strength
Agreed totally, and fear is a choice that we can all overcome.

In the spirit of praying to a just and merciful God.

Eric

AbdurRahman.
05-10-2017, 09:32 PM
To have self confidence is good. You must have it because guilt is also a sin if taken to far. Doubt is one of the ways Shaitan uses on believers to make them feel guilty and depressed. There is only two options. You either good or your bad. I prefer to make a choice that I am good muslim. What is wrong knowing who you are?

Imagine you on your deathbed and Shaitan tells you, you are a bad muslim to cause the believer to fall into despair of Allah's mercy. Are you going to believe him? No you won't because you know you are a good muslim. You must have confidence in yourself or else Shaitan will use this against you.

The only one I try to impress is Allah, as long as I know this and not worry about what other people think, then I know I am not arrogant.
MaashALlah brother good of you to think of shaitan trying to do us in at our last breath!

however bro i only say this out of fear that it may go all awry for you

imaan lies between fear and hope so although we hope to go to jannah, we should fear we might end up in hell; the sahaba [ra] who were a billion times better than us in actions and iman used to fear ending up in hell too

now i understand you have an illness so take this at your pace and capability brother; the important thing is shaitan dont take you away from the path and you remain on it, however if you can manage try to regard yourself as an awful sinner

scholars go as far as to say we should consider oursleves the worst of creation; that being the only antidote to ridding ourselves of pride. by lowering ourselves ALlah raises us

hadith says br that an atom of pride takes us to hell :Emoji29:

AbdurRahman.
05-10-2017, 11:43 PM
@Who 'sbob

yo bro, heres some ref:

. A believer at all times regards himself as the worst of Allaah’s creation.
Moulana Ashraf Ali Thaanwi (rahmatullaahi alayh) used to make this Du’a to Allaah daily. “O Allaah, at present I am worse than every single muslim on the surface of the earth. And with regard to my outcome, then let alone human beings, I am even worse than dogs.” Because none of us know what our outcome is going to be. If, May Allaah forbid, we die without Imaan, then we will be worse than dogs, because even dogs will be turned into dust, whereas we would have to enter Jahannam. May Allaah protect us all. So the reality is what our status is going to be in the Akhirah. All other status and postition, and skills and facets, are worthless, and cannnot be a basis for pride.
One of the most effective ways to cure the disease of pride, mentioned by the Ahlullaah, is that one should adopt actions of the lower class and under-privelaged. Such as wearing patched clothes.
Another method prescribed by the Ahlullaah, is that whenever you see someone younger than yourself, think that he is younger than me, so ofcourse his sins too must be less than mine, therefore I am worse than him. And when you see someone older than yourself, think that he has lived longer than me, so he must have more good deeds than myself.
You can also recite the following Du’a:
“Allaahumm-aj’alnee fee ‘aynee sagheeran wa fee a’yun-in-naasi kabeeran”
And Allaah knows best.
Wassalaam.

http://islamqa.org/hanafi/muftisays/9644

whosebob
05-11-2017, 10:42 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AbdullahAziz
MaashALlah brother good of you to think of shaitan trying to do us in at our last breath!

however bro i only say this out of fear that it may go all awry for you

imaan lies between fear and hope so although we hope to go to jannah, we should fear we might end up in hell; the sahaba [ra] who were a billion times better than us in actions and iman used to fear ending up in hell too

now i understand you have an illness so take this at your pace and capability brother; the important thing is shaitan dont take you away from the path and you remain on it, however if you can manage try to regard yourself as an awful sinner

scholars go as far as to say we should consider oursleves the worst of creation; that being the only antidote to ridding ourselves of pride. by lowering ourselves ALlah raises us

hadith says br that an atom of pride takes us to hell :Emoji29:
Think about it logically. Do you really think Allah wants you to doubt yourself and your beliefs. When one worships Allah, we put our trust in him. Trust means that he will never abandon his servents and that he will reward us for the good we do in this world and the hereafter inshallah.

Do you really think Allah wants to use guilt to make you worship Him?

There is nothing wrong with having fear of Allah Alhamdullilah? It keeps one in line Alhamdullilah. But I will never think that Allah is out to get me. He wants me to succeed and have self esteem Alhamdullilah.

The only way to have self esteem is to Worship Allah mashallah. Believers are the best of creation not the worst. Do you think Allah would let the worst of creation enter Jannah? No, Those are unbelievers. The best of creation, which is believers will go to Jannah firdous inshallah.

Having respect for oneself is important. It is Shaitan that wants you to feel worthless not Allah, Alhamdullilah.

azc
05-11-2017, 12:17 PM
@Who 'sbob

yo bro, heres some ref:

Moulana Ashraf Ali Thaanwi (rahmatullaahi alayh) used to make this Du’a to Allaah daily. “O Allaah, at present I am worse than every single muslim on the surface of the earth. And with regard to my outcome, then let alone human beings, I am even worse than dogs.” Because none of us know what our outcome is going to be. If, May Allaah forbid, we die without Imaan, then we will be worse than dogs, because even dogs will be turned into dust, whereas we would have to enter Jahannam. May Allaah protect us all. So the reality is what our status is going to be in the Akhirah. All other status and postition, and skills and facets, are worthless, and cannnot be a basis for pride.
One of the most effective ways to cure the disease of pride, mentioned by the Ahlullaah, is that one should adopt actions of the lower class and under-privelaged. Such as wearing patched clothes.
Another method prescribed by the Ahlullaah, is that whenever you see someone younger than yourself, think that he is younger than me, so ofcourse his sins too must be less than mine, therefore I am worse than him. And when you see someone older than yourself, think that he has lived longer than me, so he must have more good deeds than myself.
And Allaah knows best.
Wassalaam.

Good post. It kills pride and arrogance

azc
05-11-2017, 12:18 PM
@Who 'sbob

yo bro, heres some ref:

And Allaah knows best.
Wassalaam.

You follow ulamae deoband.. right?

azc
05-11-2017, 12:43 PM
Think about it logically. Do you really think Allah wants you to doubt yourself and your beliefs. When one worships Allah, we put our trust in him. Trust means that he will never abandon his servents and that he will reward us for the good we do in this world and the hereafter inshallah.

There is nothing wrong with having fear of Allah Alhamdullilah? It keeps one in line Alhamdullilah. But I will never think that Allah is out to get me. He wants me to succeed and have self esteem Alhamdullilah.

The only way to have self esteem is to Worship Allah mashallah. Believers are the best of creation not the worst. Do you think Allah would let the worst of creation enter Jannah? No, Those are unbelievers. The best of creation, which is believers will go to Jannah firdous inshallah.

Having respect for oneself is important. It is Shaitan that wants you to feel worthless not Allah, Alhamdullilah.
Aisha reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “Be deliberate in worship, draw near to Allah, and give glad tidings. Verily, none of you will enter Paradise because of his deeds alone.” They said, “Not even you, O Messenger of Allah?” The Prophet said, “Not even me, unless Allah grants me mercy from himself. Know that the most beloved deed to Allah is that which is done regularly even if it is small.”

Source: Ṣaḥīḥ al-Bukhārī 6099, Ṣaḥīḥ Muslim 2818

azc
05-11-2017, 12:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Bobbyflay23
Who ..?

You mean jinn...?

AbdurRahman.
05-15-2017, 04:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by azc
You follow ulamae deoband.. right?
not particularly; deoband are righteous so i take from any Hanafi scholar regarding fiqh and any ahlus sunnah scholar regarding other matters

but what i'm saying here is shared by all ahlus sunnah scholars; every scholar will agree that to regard oneself as good is arrogance

AbdurRahman.
05-15-2017, 04:05 PM

it is not doubting br but just being humble, now i know you are humble but ALlah has told us how to be humble br and the scholars have clarified for us; now i would not bother you with this if it was not important

trust me bruv i've been thinking of myself as a very very bad muslim for years; infact the worst sinner in the entire world; worse even than kuffar as kuffar sin from ignorance and i have no excuse, and i've been secure in my faith unless i sin ofcourse

basically we have sinned right?? and not deserving of Gods forgiveness, if He does forgive us it will be from His shear mercy therefore how can we think of ourselves as good?; yes we should be good and to think ourselves as 'bad' is good! :)

but you do have a point in what you say ... indeed we should trust in mercy of ALlah; i heard a great speech from hamza Yusuf again; he answers how to deal with the 'death bed' scenario: [damn couldn't find that video but basically he says, when we've done our final tawbah and waiting to die than we just hope and not fear anymore as we should have a good opinion of ALlah that He will forgive [i.e, we trust that; not a 'certainty' but hope with trust]

AbdurRahman.
05-15-2017, 05:42 PM

Prohibiting the Muslim from claiming purity for himself

Allah said, what translated means, {So ascribe not purity to yourselves. He knows best him who fears Allah and keep his duty to Him [i.e. those who are Al-Muttaqun (pious} [An-Najm 53:32]

there you go bruv, the Master and Maker says it Himself!i rest my case! :D

and consider these hadiths;

Prohibiting praising people in their presence

Abu Musa said, “The Prophet (Peace and blessings be upon him) heard a man praising another man and saying good words about him while he was present with them. He said, ‘You have destroyed or broke the back of the man!’” [Muslim]

Also, Ibrahim At-Taymi said, “We were sitting in the presence of Umar when a man praised another man to his face. Umar said, ‘You ‘Aqartahu (crippled him), may Allah do the same to you.’”

http://en.islamway.net/article/13265...-in-your-heart

so if praising someone else in their presence can engender pride in them, so it can to us too if we praise ourselves! right nuff of derailing this thread; lets stop this before mods get on to us! :nervous:

azc
05-21-2017, 07:18 AM
not particularly; deoband are righteous so i take from any Hanafi scholar regarding fiqh and any ahlus sunnah scholar regarding other matters

but what i'm saying here is shared by all ahlus sunnah scholars; every scholar will agree that to regard oneself as good is arrogance
Yes, considering oneself as a good Muslim entails pride and arrogance.

I' 've read malfuzat of molana thanvi rh, also Tried to follow

azc
05-21-2017, 07:22 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Bobbyflay23
And the best way to protect ourselves from shayateen is seeking refuge recourse in mercy of Allah swt and doing tawba a lot.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.