/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Question Help my hooyos friend questioned me on why I'm Muslim

mashaallah04
09-12-2016, 10:09 AM
So my hooyos guy friend seemed very intimidated by me because I was Muslim he was asking me why am I Muslim and that I'm making mistakes and stuff. And he was like you know that god as in christian god is coming back for a church he said that a church is gods bride and he is coming for it soon and I was like what the false messiah? I was confused then he kept going saying but people make mistakes hooyo get defensive but i told her it was ok and he just keeps asking and its bothering me because I am who I am and he should accept me from within not judge me by being Muslim but I'm a proud one so idk can someone help?! And Happy eid to all of you mashaallah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
jabeady
09-12-2016, 12:15 PM
Christians can be like that. Some are downright predatory, especially when dealing with younger folk who haven't had the time and don't have the experience to formulate their own arguments.

A bit of advice: As long as he controls the conversation, you're going to lose. You've therefore got two choices: 1) Take control away from him, or 2) Refuse to play his game.

It sounds like 1) isn't possible unless you can have an imam present. This isn't surprising, since Christians have made debate and rhetoric into art forms.

This leaves 2). Just don't debate. Take the approach that you are Muslim for reasons which seem good and sufficient to you, and if he has questions about Islam you will put him in contact with an imam. If he presses you, leave the room.

But that's just me.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-12-2016, 12:41 PM
You can refer him to Shuyookh/`Ulamaa who will eat him with salt and vinegar.

(I mean that in a metaphorical sense.

Maybe.

They will refute him on anything he says, is what it means.)

greenhill
09-12-2016, 12:50 PM
I don't exactly understand but I get the message.

I like debating. That's the difference. But you need some knowledge and a lot of common sense. And it is not about winning.

I would plant something in his head... a concept he would not have thought about but entirely logical. About the essence of each Book and how it has progressed with each Book. It can only point to Divinity.

That's just to start...

:peace:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.