/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Didn't make the team of my dream, lesson learnt

Aaqib
09-13-2016, 10:20 PM
Yup, I'm a soccer/futbol player, and I good one imo. Just not enough to impress the coaches.

In my defence, the coaches assumed/guessed and not actually pay attention, but what's the point in bickering?

Anyways, I trained for three months to make on this team: Annoying friends to play with me, Went to gym every day to train...

All that led to was being rejected and I cant try out again... How hard I feel now?

I don't, well, not much.

Answer? Qur'an... How? Read:

"Know that the life of this world is but amusement and diversion and adornment and boasting to one another and competition in increase of wealth and children - like the example of a rain whose [resulting] plant growth pleases the tillers; then it dries and you see it turned yellow; then it becomes [scattered] debris. And in the Hereafter is severe punishment and forgiveness from Allah and approval. And what is the worldly life except the enjoyment of delusion."

"
Race toward forgiveness from your Lord and a Garden whose width is like the width of the heavens and earth, prepared for those who believed in Allah and His messengers. That is the bounty of Allah which He gives to whom He wills, and Allah is the possessor of great bounty."

"No disaster strikes upon the earth or among yourselves except that it is in a register before We bring it into being - indeed that, for Allah , is easy -"

"In order that you not despair over what has eluded you and not exult [in pride] over what He has given you. And Allah does not like everyone self-deluded and boastful -"

"[Those] who are stingy and enjoin upon people stinginess. And whoever turns away - then indeed, Allah is the Free of need, the Praiseworthy."

Surah Hadeed, aiyah 20 - 24. Helps me a lot honestly.

I made dua so much, tahajjud, ramadan, didn't get accepted. Allah has a good reason why. I don't know, but he knows.

Yeah, it would've been nice to say I made the team and continue my family legacy of great futbol players. But you know, living in an area where Islam is taken as a joke, why don't I look into the goods...

If I made the team, maybe:
  • I would've been to lazy to pray Asr salah so I'd just forget about it
  • I start lying, backbiting (It's a sport with rowdy kids)
  • I start to stop caring whether people make fun of Islam
  • I might've died (Kicked in the stomach badly/fall on my head), or maybe in a fight!
  • Ungrateful/boastful about it

You know, I am kind of happy now after reviewing this.

Oh well, I'm a great runner after all, I have track to get into Alhamdullilah.

Call me crazy, it's ok. I might, but I'm simply trying to cheer up.

As Allah says in Surah Sharh: Verily, hardship comes with ease - Oh Allah, I want ease :)

Salam

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Little_Lion
09-13-2016, 10:46 PM
Masha'allah, good that you are putting your trust in Allah on this. I hope you make track, insha'Allah, and that it is a better fit for you and your deen. :)

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-13-2016, 11:18 PM
الخير فيما وقع

"There is goodness in whatever happens."

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.