/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Which IB Style do you use?

AabiruSabeel
09-18-2016, 02:33 PM
:salam:

Which IB style do you use? Select all that you use, browser and mobile.

There are 7 options:

Browser styles for PC, Laptop and tablet
1. vBulletin Default
2. IB Old School
3. IslamicBoard-2 (default - responsive design)
4. IslamicBoard (older non-responsive design)

Mobile styles for smartphones
5. Default Mobile Style
6. IB Official App
7. Tapatalk

You can also post suggestions for improvements.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-18-2016, 02:47 PM
My name always turns up in these pictures...

I'm using IslamicBoard-2.

greenhill
09-18-2016, 02:55 PM
As usual, I just use what I get. Number 1. vBulletin Default. Didn't even know that I could choose. :embarrass

:peace:

Little_Lion
09-18-2016, 02:58 PM
I didn't know I could choose either.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
noraina
09-18-2016, 03:09 PM
I use the IslamicBoard-2 default - works fine alhamdulillah.

Umm Abed
09-18-2016, 03:16 PM
:wasalamex

Mine is just ---Islamicboard.

I remember when I first joined, the print was fine, and mods set it for me :)

sister herb
09-18-2016, 04:18 PM
I use IB Old School. I am IB Oldskool and old is good for me.

Why this poll? Are you again trying to change the style? Noooo way!

Umm Abed
09-18-2016, 05:29 PM
I was thinking of suggesting some changes but then thought of sister herb, she wont approve of any change:embarrass

AabiruSabeel
09-18-2016, 06:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb

No, not trying to change, just improvements. Maybe we can just get rid of any unused styles.

Search
09-18-2016, 06:06 PM
:bism: (In the Name of God, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful)

:sl: (Peace be upon you)

Lol, that's such a cute smiley. Haha. I'm in <3.

But yes, sentiments seconded; I like the way IB is; please no changing colors or board generally in some major way. I like it the way it is! :)

I use IB Old School. I am IB Oldskool and old is good for me.

:wa: (And peace be upon you)

Serinity
09-18-2016, 06:13 PM
What about......... IslamicBoard Design Color - inverted? It'd look like this:

attachmentphp?attachmentid5687&ampstc1 -

noraina
09-18-2016, 06:31 PM
I was going to say it's perfect as it is masha'Allah....but purple is my weakness.

I love sister Herb's smilies :D

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-18-2016, 06:52 PM
No no, the green must stay.

My favourite colours are white and green. So...

Search
09-18-2016, 07:14 PM
:bism: (In the Name of God, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful)

:sl: (Peace be upon you)

Lol, yes, seconded. Green for the win! :statisfie

format_quote Originally Posted by Huzaifah ibn Adam
No no, the green must stay.

My favourite colours are white and green. So...
:wa: (And peace be upon you)

Umm Abed
09-18-2016, 08:20 PM
...And green it will stay :)

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-18-2016, 09:45 PM
The Hukamaa (Wise Men) have said that looking at things that are green (in real life, like trees, etc.) strengthens your eyesight. Running towards them, especially.

I don't know if there is scientific evidence to back up that claim. They said it simply from experience.

noraina
09-18-2016, 09:53 PM
The Hukamaa (Wise Men) have said that looking at things that are green (in real life, like trees, etc.) strengthens your eyesight. Running towards them, especially.

I don't know if there is scientific evidence to back up that claim. They said it simply from experience.
It is a very soothing colour to look at.

When painting landscapes, greens are a huge feature and I've always found far more shades of green than most other colours.

Altho that part about running towards them....I think I'd be called insane if I was caught running headlong into the woods :D.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-18-2016, 09:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by noraina
It is a very soothing colour to look at.

When painting landscapes, greens are a huge feature and I've always found far more shades of green than most other colours.

Altho that part about running towards them....I think I'd be called insane if I was caught running headlong into the woods :D.
It'd be worth it though, wouldn't it?

Umm Abed
09-19-2016, 06:29 AM
It does make sense because, perhaps while running your eyes are strengthened as you look at green grass/trees. :)

noraina
09-19-2016, 07:53 AM
There's nothing more refreshing than running at full speed down a grassy big hill.

And the higher the hill, the better.

Gosh I miss doing that, unfortunately I'm older now and it would look very inelegant.

(Well, that doesn't stop the brothers from doing it :D).

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-19-2016, 11:51 AM
Maybe if there's a place with no one around, you can still do it.

noraina
09-19-2016, 03:26 PM
Most of the time, if there's any good or interesting place, the brothers have claimed it as their own.

We're used to it *sighs*.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-19-2016, 03:31 PM
Most of the time, if there's any good or interesting place, the brothers have claimed it as their own.

One solution is to marry and have a husband who's what is termed a "bruiser", and who can chase all the other men away so that you have the place to yourself.

noraina
09-19-2016, 03:40 PM
One solution is to marry and have a husband who's what is termed a "bruiser", and who can chase all the other men away so that you have the place to yourself.
Lol, an interesting plan of action.

Although I've never liked the 'bruiser' types.

Serinity
09-19-2016, 03:45 PM
:salam:

I feel my brain unchaining itself when I run in the woods. Do you know the feeling of having your mind feel "imprisoned". when I run around in the greenland it feels as my mentality is freed from chains.

Also a good way to reflect on life and how hectic it has become.

And Allah :swt: knows best.

noraina
09-19-2016, 03:56 PM
Wa alaykum assalam,

I agree, something I especially enjoy is going for long walks in the woods or through the fields, there is such a wonderful feeling of liberation and closeness to nature. In a strange way, it brings me closer to Allah swt - perhaps because you step away from human interference and see nature in the beauty and purity He created it in, you see creation in an almost primordial way.

Particularly where there are not many people, time almost seems to stand still. SubhanAllah nothing comes close to it.

You can also actually think, so important especially in an age where there is constant stimulation.

Serinity
09-19-2016, 04:04 PM
Allah created everything in balance. Perhaps we can learn from the things Allah created, such as nature, the way everything works in a balanced way.

we, too, need balance. More relaxed life. Time flies by way too fast imo. Long time since I've been in the woods. But I tell ya - I like the woods lol. If I go to Jannah, I will live in nature....... fresh air 24/7....... no CO2.

sister herb
09-19-2016, 04:18 PM
Could you possible come back from your hills, meadows and green forests to think the IB styles?

But yep, I understand your feelings for such places.

noraina
09-19-2016, 04:34 PM
Could you possible come back from your hills, meadows and green forests to think the IB styles?

But yep, I understand your feelings for such places.

We should move IB to the middle of the woods I think, then we can have picnics in the meadows together :D.

زهراء
09-19-2016, 04:36 PM

Come to South Africa. You would be able to roll down heaps of sand without there being a Ghair Mahram in sight. It's not green though. Sitting on a large heap of sand surrounded by other larger heaps-with not a person in sight-is one of the best experiences.
Reminds me of the time when Ibraaheem عليه السلام left his wife in the desert.

sister herb
09-19-2016, 04:42 PM
We should move IB to the middle of the woods I think, then we can have picnics in the meadows together :D.
That´s a great idea! But how do you think that br Ibn Adam and other brothers would handle this kind of transfer? It sounds quite challenging coding work.

IB Forum

-> to meadows

noraina
09-19-2016, 04:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by زهراء
Come to South Africa. You would be able to roll down heaps of sand without there being a Ghair Mahram in sight. It's not green though. Sitting on a large heap of sand surrounded by other larger heaps-with not a person in sight-is one of the best experiences.
Reminds me of the time when Ibraaheem عليه السلام left his wife in the desert.
I've always wanted to visit South Africa - and now that you've said I'd be able to roll down golden hills of sand I definitely have to come inshaAllah!

Deserts have always been very enchanting places, their solitude and intensity kind of take you back in time....I suppose they feel spiritual as many of the stories of the Prophets (as) we so love reading are set in the desert subhanAllah.

noraina
09-19-2016, 04:47 PM
That´s a great idea! But how do you think that br Ibn Adam and other brothers would handle this kind of transfer? It sounds quite challenging coding work.

IB Forum

-> to meadows
I'm sure they'll manage - altho imagine if we could code ourselves through the computer into a meadow.

Or, we could move IB to the desert.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.