/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is it right to do this?

500yardsoffo
09-19-2016, 05:27 PM
There are people when i see them or meet them, i dont like the way they talk, walk and act and sometimes i'm jealous or envious of them. This my inner feelings only. But when i interact with them i behave nicely and say good words and also have no intentions to harm them in any way. Is there anything wrong with this?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-19-2016, 05:42 PM
Your manner towards them on the whole is good; however, you need to rid your heart from envy and jealousy. According to the Hadeeth, envy and jealous consume the good deeds of a person like how fire consumes wood.

500yardsoffo
09-19-2016, 05:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Huzaifah ibn Adam
Your manner towards them on the whole is good; however, you need to rid your heart from envy and jealousy. According to the Hadeeth, envy and jealous consume the good deeds of a person like how fire consumes wood.
This is the problem. I cannot control my feelings but i control my actions.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-19-2016, 06:03 PM
That is where Islaah of the Nafs comes in. All of these feelings can be removed. Tasawwuf focuses on that.

Tasawwuf is about connecting the Khalq (creation) with Allaah Ta`aalaa, Who is al-Khaaliq (The Creator). It is about establishing that Nisbat Ma`allaah. It is about ridding the heart from everything and everyone besides Allaah (the purest Tawheed). Also, it is about removing the Akhlaaq-e-Razeelah (evil characteristics) and replacing them with the Akhlaaq-e-Hameedah (praiseworthy characteristics).

Examples of the Akhlaaq-e-Razeelah are envy, jealousy, anger for the wrong reasons, love of wealth, love of fame, thinking ill of other Muslims, gossiping, etc.

Examples of the Akhlaaq-e-Hameedah are Sabr (patience), Hilm (tolerance), truthfulness, thinking good of other Muslims, Zuhd (abstinence towards the Dunyaa), etc.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
500yardsoffo
09-19-2016, 06:04 PM
That is where Islaah of the Nafs comes in. All of these feelings can be removed. Tasawwuf focuses on that.

Tasawwuf is about connecting the Khalq (creation) with Allaah Ta`aalaa, Who is al-Khaaliq (The Creator). It is about establishing that Nisbat Ma`allaah. It is about ridding the heart from everything and everyone besides Allaah (the purest Tawheed). Also, it is about removing the Akhlaaq-e-Razeelah (evil characteristics) and replacing them with the Akhlaaq-e-Hameedah (praiseworthy characteristics).

Examples of the Akhlaaq-e-Razeelah are envy, jealousy, anger for the wrong reasons, love of wealth, love of fame, thinking ill of other Muslims, gossiping, etc.

Examples of the Akhlaaq-e-Hameedah are Sabr (patience), Hilm (tolerance), truthfulness, thinking good of other Muslims, Zuhd (abstinence towards the Dunyaa), etc.
How can i do tasawwuf?

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-19-2016, 06:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by 500yardsoffo
How can i do tasawwuf?
In the old days, that was done through keeping the company of an Ustaadh/Shaykh who would guide and advice you. However, reliable Shuyookh in Tasawwuf these days are extremely rare. Hence, some `Ulamaa like Maulana A.S. Desai (Mujlisul Ulama of South Africa) advise that, in the absence of an Ustaadh/Shaykh to guide you, read the Kitaabs the Awliyaa had written on Tasawwuf, as well as their Malfoozhaat.

Maulana Ashraf Ali Thanvi رحمة الله عليه, Maulana Maseehullaah Khan (Hadhratji) رحمة الله عليه, etc. used to focus a lot on Tasawwuf and dedicated many Kitaabs and articles to the topic. I will try to post some relevant material for you when I get the chance, In Shaa Allaah.

500yardsoffo
09-19-2016, 06:17 PM
In the old days, that was done through keeping the company of an Ustaadh/Shaykh who would guide and advice you. However, reliable Shuyookh in Tasawwuf these days are extremely rare. Hence, some `Ulamaa like Maulana A.S. Desai (Mujlisul Ulama of South Africa) advise that, in the absence of an Ustaadh/Shaykh to guide you, read the Kitaabs the Awliyaa had written on Tasawwuf, as well as their Malfoozhaat.

Maulana Ashraf Ali Thanvi رحمة الله عليه, Maulana Maseehullaah Khan (Hadhratji) رحمة الله عليه, etc. used to focus a lot on Tasawwuf and dedicated many Kitaabs and articles to the topic. I will try to post some relevant material for you when I get the chance, In Shaa Allaah.
Ok IA

Serinity
09-19-2016, 06:18 PM
:salam:

I fall short in controlling my nafs. It is becoming a real problem.

Allahu alam

500yardsoffo
09-19-2016, 06:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Serinity
:salam:

I fall short in controlling my nafs. It is becoming a real problem.

Allahu alam
Same here

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-19-2016, 06:19 PM
Some Kitaabs for you to read:

http://themajlis.co.za/books/SHARIAT...WWUF_Ebook.pdf

http://themajlis.co.za/books/Subulas%20SalaamERead.pdf

http://themajlis.co.za/books/Malfozaat%20Part4.pdf

Serinity
09-19-2016, 06:26 PM
I ask Allah I meet an Awliyaah, and befriend him......... for all of us. Ameen.

I wish I was an Awliyaah of Allah. :(

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-19-2016, 06:35 PM
Rasoolullaah صلى الله عليه وسلم gave us a sign by which we may recognise a Wali of Allaah Ta`aalaa (Wali = Singular. Awliyaa = Plural.)

He said:

أولياء الله الذين إذا رُؤوا ذُكِر الله

"The Awliyaa of Allaah are those who, when you see them, you are reminded of Allaah."

Meaning, the mere sight of such a person and being in his company reminds you of Allaah Ta`aalaa. Your focus changes from the Dunyaa to the Aakhirah. When you see him, you think of the Aakhirah. The Dunyaa leaves your mind and your heart.

Just being in the company of such a person whose heart is filled with the Love of Allaah, causes your own love of Allaah Ta`aalaaa to increase.

This is a Wali.

Serinity
09-19-2016, 06:55 PM
may Allah :swt: destine for us only goodness, and may Allah send a wali of His out of His love. Ameen.

I am obsessed over Tawheed. I want to purify mine. I know worship is only for Allah, and that is the straight path. Alhamdulillah.

And Allah :swt: knows best.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-19-2016, 07:04 PM
Lots of information on Tasawwuf can be found on this site:

http://yunuspatel.co.za/

Spartakos
09-20-2016, 09:19 PM
ofcourse there is something wrong... you are acting fake, maybe u want something from them? ask yourself WHY u behave like that.. if its because ur jealous/envious then accept it and get over it.

M.I.A.
09-20-2016, 09:31 PM
it's just a feeling.

most people would be kidding if they said they didn't have preconceived ideas of what a person is..

or assumptions about character based on meetings.

...one of my best friends was really annoyed with me the first time we met..

it's life, people have many layers.. if you allow it to stick then it's only ever going to do you wrong.

although sometimes people are easy to like..

in the end there were about 9 of us.. that all held each other together.

although even knowing this does not make life any easier..

mjyschlink
09-20-2016, 11:03 PM
Could just be personal interaction resistance...good thing you get past the judgement...everyone does it at least sometimes.

talibilm
09-21-2016, 03:00 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by 500yardsoffo
This is the problem. I cannot control my feelings but i control my actions.
:sl:

Allah knows THE BEST what to give and whom to give . So if he is better blessed than you understand its Allah's given and So accept with whole heart Allah's decision and we have no right to make our opinion on that . So if they act proud they sin & if you are jealous you sin.

So leave it to them if they act too proud because I have always seen Proud people were punished. Some may not be proud in the inner buy their actions outside might resemble it. So you can suggest them WHEN they are in good mood and say an atom of proudness will stop us entering jannah Since PROUDNESS IS ONLY FOR ALLAH swt & only his Right. As Humans we are what Allah made us to be . We may be Cockroaches if Allah wants us to be & So is being intelligent, Handsome etc etc

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!