/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I AM PLANNING ON EATING THIS- HALAL?

ReboundMuslimah
09-20-2016, 05:54 PM

Rendered chickem fat, dried chicken diacetate, dried chicken stock,and artificial flavor which is the last one.

My mom bought this and i don't want it to go to waste can someone tell me if this is halal or not?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ReboundMuslimah
09-20-2016, 06:09 PM
Anyone like I need to eat this riggt now!

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-20-2016, 06:16 PM
The chicken stock, fat, etc. is not from a Halaal chicken. Hence, it is not permissible.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-20-2016, 06:17 PM
Eat something else, sister. That which you are feeling is caused by Shaytaan. When a certain food is Haraam, then Shaytaan will beautify it for people and make it seem delicious. But it isn't. There is other, Halaal food to eat instead.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
aaj
09-20-2016, 06:30 PM
I wouldn't based on these reasons:

Not healthy based on possible GMO sources:
Dried corn
soy lecithin
textured soy ...
palm oil

Not halal if not from halal sources:
powdered chicken
rendered chicken fat

It says chicken flavored, so that should be a good indicator from afar.

M.I.A.
09-20-2016, 08:55 PM
..the website says halal certified!

...wait, let me go check on the Internet.

ok.. Maybe on closer inspection you have some old noodles..

...I found a pdf that says everything halal... suspicious eyes..

apparently you are eating space food!

developed for discovery in 2005!!

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-20-2016, 10:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by M.I.A.
..the website says halal certified!
Halaal certificates can be bought at a cheap price these days, akhi. You can even get a "Halaal Certificate" for pork.

main qimg 113e4b275cefc95f3fb96c8b54d6358f?convert to webptrue -

ReboundMuslimah
09-20-2016, 10:29 PM
Man why does everything gotta be haram?

M.I.A.
09-20-2016, 10:32 PM
...but..

they sent these noodles to space!!!

true, the noodles I buy have halal written on them..

most of them have suitable for vegetarians written on them.

...are people really at the stage where they don't know what they can eat?

these noodles may actually be made in America..

which surprises me.

I stand corrected.. I will stick to artificially flavoured noodles.

...I told you we should invest in a slaughter house.

...ah hem... abbatoire

...we could make millions!! ...of burgers.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-20-2016, 10:39 PM
Anyone can write something on anything.

A person could excrete in a plate and serve it as an exotic dish from some other part of the world, with a fancy name and everything. "Best exotic dish all the way from Costa Rica! Buy it while it's fresh!"

It still stays excreta.

ReboundMuslimah
09-20-2016, 10:47 PM
Are there any halal ramen noodles?

M.I.A.
09-20-2016, 10:47 PM
:/

....and that's the story of why we eat noodles.

..or not as the case may be.

and Google halal food whenever we go on holiday..

or not as the case may be.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-20-2016, 10:55 PM
When it comes to meat and products containing meat, never simply put your reliance on "Halaal Certificates". Always find out for yourself where exactly the meat is from, who slaughtered it, where it gets slaughtered, etc. It's of utmost importance that the food you consume is Halaal. Care must be taken in this regard.

It comes in a Riwaayat that the Du`aas of a person who consumes Haraam is not accepted by Allaah Rabbul `Izzat. Each and every one of us desire that Allaah Ta`aalaa accepts our Du`aas. If we truly want that, we have to make the sacrifice and abandon all foods and drinks which are Haraam and ensure that the food we eat is Halaal, and that the income we used to purchase it is Halaal.

والسلام

darkbro
09-21-2016, 05:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dreamchaser
Why not?

darkbro
09-21-2016, 05:57 AM
I love ramen. All ramen here are halal.

I guess you wont find it hard to look for halal ramen in any majored muslim countries' capitals or big cities

darkbro
09-21-2016, 05:59 AM
If only i knew this before my south east asia trip:

A group of people once said to the Prophet (SAW), “Some people have come to us with meat, and we do not know whether the name of Allah has been mentioned over it or not.” He replied, “You yourselves mention the name of Allah over it and eat.”[Sahih Bukhari]

It was so hard to suddenly be vegan and only eat expensive halals in vietnam when you are a backpacker

talibilm
09-21-2016, 08:57 AM
Better give it to NON muslim friend or a poor needy & if you like piety you may go for pure veg products or seafood sort of products but still be careful for the halal sticker.

The Best is Go for halal cut shops and buy and store in a freezer. If we eat Haram our 40 days ibadha goes waste . May Allah make it easy for our brethren who suffer the trouble seeking halal products. Ameen

noraina
09-21-2016, 09:23 AM
Halal pork? I've seen it all now, lol.

Generally meat products me and my family eat are home-made, generally because it can be a little risky buying them from somewhere else. If you do however, look for take-aways or products which are 'HMC' certified halal, if you're in the UK, this can give you a lot of peace of mind as from personal experience some people have very different definitions of 'halal'.

With non-meat products, always read the ingredients (I am a chronic label-reader :D) the main culprits be shellac or gelatine or lecithin (soya is fine) or alcohol or rennet (in dairy products).

And if in doubt - leave it.

You should be okay then inshaAllah.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-21-2016, 09:26 AM
According to the Sharee`ah, it is not permissible to give Haraam food to anyone, even if it be to a Kaafir.

noraina
09-21-2016, 09:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Huzaifah ibn Adam
According to the Sharee`ah, it is not permissible to give Haraam food to anyone, even if it be to a Kaafir.
What about to an animal, like a pet?

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-21-2016, 10:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by noraina
What about to an animal, like a pet?
http://www.askimam.org/public/question_detail/24316

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-21-2016, 10:46 AM
http://darulfiqh.com/what-should-i-d...edients-in-it/

Aaqib
09-21-2016, 11:10 AM
Ok so a knowledgable woman came to me and said that the chicken here is ok to eat. Because it's slaughtered by Christian/Muslims (people of the book/majority christian here), and that the chicken is slaughtered throughly, and not through machine like the cows and goats and all that.

Idk, if I find out this is not halal, I'm going to do something... I've been eating this for a total of around 20 days now!

Serinity
09-21-2016, 11:26 AM
:salam:

I'd like to have halaal Ramen.

And Allah :swt: knows best.

mission2succeed
09-21-2016, 11:41 AM
Why don't you just make your own they are so easy to cook at home!

mission2succeed
09-21-2016, 11:43 AM
Since when is everything haraam only what is bad for you is haraam.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-21-2016, 11:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aaqib
Ok so a knowledgable woman came to me and said that the chicken here is ok to eat. Because it's slaughtered by Christian/Muslims (people of the book/majority christian here), and that the chicken is slaughtered throughly, and not through machine like the cows and goats and all that.

Idk, if I find out this is not halal, I'm going to do something... I've been eating this for a total of around 20 days now!
Knowledgeable in? Sewing? Cooking? If not knowledgeable in Deen she should not be issuing Fataawaa.

Allaah Ta`aalaa says in the Qur'aan:

الْيَوْمَ أُحِلَّ لَكُمُ الطَّيِّبَاتُ وَطَعَامُ الَّذِينَ أُوتُوا الْكِتَابَ حِلٌّ لَكُمْ وَطَعَامُكُمْ حِلٌّ لَهُمْ

"On this day, at-Tayyibaat (pure, wholesome things) have been made permissible for you. The food of the Ahl-ul-Kitaab (i.e. Jews and Christians) is permissible for you and your food is permissible for them..." [Soorah al-Maa'idah.]

In another Aayah of the Qur'aan, Allaah Ta`aalaa says:

وَلَا تَأْكُلُوا مِمَّا لَمْ يُذْكَرِ اسْمُ اللَّهِ عَلَيْهِ وَإِنَّهُ لَفِسْقٌ

"And do not eat from that (meat) over which the Name of Allaah has not been mentioned (when slaughtering), for verily it is Fisq (sinfulness and transgression)..." [Soorah al-An`aam.]

The Qur'aan is understood holistically. Parts are not snatched out and misinterpreted. Parts of the Qur'aan explain other parts.

From these Aayaat, the `Ulamaa have said that during the time of Sahaabah-e-Kiraam, the meat slaughtered by the Ahl-ul-Kitaab was permissible for consumption by Muslims on account of the fact that those Ahl-ul-Kitaab (Jews and Christians) used to take the Name of Allaah Ta`aalaa when slaughtering the animals.

Ask this knowledgeable aunt (perhaps she is a scholar in knitting) if the Christians of your locality are taking the Name of Allaah Ta`aalaa when slaughtering the animals.

There is great danger in these times in eating meat slaughtered by people who claim to be Ahl-ul-Kitaab; it is best to avoid it and stick to meat slaughtered by Muslims. Then too, slaughtered in the correct manner.

Two primary conditions must be found for meat slaughtered by anyone - Muslims or the so-called Ahl-ul-Kitaab of today - to be considered Halaal:

1. The animal is slaughtered by cutting the throat and oesophagus and letting the blood flow. If the animal is killed in any other manner, whether it be through strangulation, beating, electric shock, drowning, or any other method, the meat will be Haraam.
  2. The Name of Allaah Ta`aalaa must be taken when slaughtering, and no one else's name should have been taken. Meaning, if the slaughterer took the name of Jesus, for example, the meat is Haraam.

والسلام

Serinity
09-21-2016, 12:49 PM

Try to do something like this:

buy separate halal noodles. Buy halaal chicken flavours / whatever makes it taste like that... Have a steak of cow in it. Or something.

Make sure it is halaal.

I.e. Homemade Noodles. :)

And Allah :swt: knows best.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-21-2016, 01:07 PM
We are living in a time wherein no consideration is given to Halaal and Haraam. Many restaurant and take-away owners are for the most part unscrupulous when it comes to their businesses; if they have to sell Mushtabah (doubtful) or even Haraam foods for the sake of making some extra money, few are those who will resist the temptation to do so. People love money too much.

In these times, where meat is concerned, the best is to try and slaughter the animal yourself. If you know of any farms in your locality where animals are kept, take a trip down there once a month or so. Slaughter the sheep/goat yourself as well as the chickens. If you know of any reliable butchers, you can then have them cut the meat up for you and package it. You can then keep that in your freezer at home and use from it as you need.

It can be difficult to do, but if you want to become closer to Allaah Sub-haanahu wa Ta`aalaa then it is essential.

عَنْ أَبِي هُرَيْرَةَ رَضِيَ اللَّهُ عَنْهُ، عَنِ النَّبِيِّ صَلَّى اللهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ، قَالَ: «يَأْتِي عَلَى النَّاسِ زَمَانٌ، لاَ يُبَالِي المَرْءُ مَا أَخَذَ مِنْهُ، أَمِنَ الحَلاَلِ أَمْ مِنَ الحَرَامِ

Hadhrat Abu Hurayrah رضي الله عنه narrates that Nabi صلى الله عليه وسلم said, "A time will come upon people wherein a man will not bother what he intakes (i.e. of food); whether it is from Halaal or from Haraam." [Narrated in Saheeh al-Bukhaari.]

Serinity
09-21-2016, 02:13 PM
What if one is unskilled in killing animals? Having no training?

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-21-2016, 02:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Serinity
What if one is unskilled in killing animals? Having no training?
No training is required.

I did not have a day of training before slaughtering a sheep for the first time. And I went further and skinned the sheep that same day, again without a day of training.

It's very simple and straightforward.

darkbro
09-21-2016, 02:20 PM
No training is required.

I did not have a day of training before slaughtering a sheep for the first time. And I went further and skinned the sheep that same day, again without a day of training.

Teach me master.

First time i slaughtered a goat.. didnt go as hoped

Serinity
09-21-2016, 02:24 PM
No training is required.

I don't think I am strong enough to hold a sheep down, what if while I cut its throat it goes wild................... :/

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-21-2016, 02:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by darkbro

First time i slaughtered a goat.. didnt go as hoped
What happened?

darkbro
09-21-2016, 02:25 PM
I don't think I am strong enough to hold a sheep down, what if while I cut its throat it goes wild................... :/
Tame the sheep first.
Use a pokeball.

Serinity
09-21-2016, 02:26 PM
Tame the sheep first.
Use a pokeball.
Shouldn't one say Bismillah and Allahu akbar to tame the sheep?

From what I know one should say Bismillah and Allahu akbar to calm the sheep. After doing so, one covers the eyes of the sheep, while it faces Mecca, and then you sharpen the knife, and say Bismillah and Allahu Akbar, and then cut.

Do you say Bismillah and THEN Allahu Akbar, and THEN cut. Or do you start with saying Allahu Akbar, and THEN Bismillah, and THEN cut ?

So is it:

Bismillah --> Allahu akbar --> Cut throat
Allahu Akbar --> Bismillah --> Cut throat

Which?

darkbro
09-21-2016, 02:27 PM
What happened?
I didnt cut his neck quick enough. He was seems suffering.

Well, just delayed for a few seconds.. but still

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-21-2016, 02:28 PM
A sheep is very light, akhi. You're 18, right? When I was younger than that (16 or so) I used to jump up onto the van where the sheep are kept, pick one up (hold all of its hooves together), climb off the van with it and carry it to wherever it must be slaughtered. I'd cut through all the veins in one motion (one cut). Thereafter, you keep the blade pressed against the neck so the blood can flow freely. Once the sheep has died, you cut through the head, taking it off, and leave the sheep to get cold before skinning it. The carcass of a sheep may jump even after it has been slaughtered; this is not because it is alive or suffering, but simply because of the nerves in the body. As long as you have cut through the neck properly, the sheep will have died at that time.

It's very easy. Just say Bismillaah and do it.

If you feel you won't be able to hold it down properly, though, you can ask some friends to help you.

darkbro
09-21-2016, 02:28 PM
I guess it is the procedure of slaughtering..

Saying so wont tame the animals

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-21-2016, 02:43 PM
Yes.

See this clip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZquJNfO3h0M

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-21-2016, 02:44 PM

Do you say Bismillah and THEN Allahu Akbar, and THEN cut. Or do you start with saying Allahu Akbar, and THEN Bismillah, and THEN cut ?

So is it:

Bismillah --> Allahu akbar --> Cut throat
Allahu Akbar --> Bismillah --> Cut throat

Which?
You say "Bismillaahi Allaahu Akbar" and then cut.

Aaqib
09-21-2016, 04:42 PM
So I will ask her the next time I see her InshaAllah

so if the meat turns out to be haram, will none of my good deeds be accepted for 40 days?

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-21-2016, 05:55 PM
فقام سعد بن أبي وقاص رضي الله عنه فقال: يا رسول الله، ادع الله أن يجعلني مستجاب الدعوة. فقال: يا سعد ، أطب مطعمك، تكن مستجاب الدعوة، والذي نفس محمد بيده إن العبد ليقذف بلقمة الحرام في جوفه فلا يقبل منه عمل أربعين يومًا، وأيما عبد نبت لحمه من السحت والربا، فالنار أولى به رواه الطبراني في ( الأوسط

Hadhrat Sa`d ibn Abi Waqqaas رضي الله عنه once asked Rasoolullaah صلى الله عليه وسلم to make Du`aa to Allaah that he (Hadhrat Sa`d) becomes "Mustajaab-ud-Da`wah" (one whose Du`aas are always accepted). Rasoolullaah صلى الله عليه وسلم said to him, "O Sa`d, let your food and earnings be Halaal and you will be Mustajaab-ud-Da`wah. By He in Whose Hand is the life of Muhammad! Indeed, the slave (of Allaah) will put a morsel of Haraam food in his mouth, and as a result of that his deeds will not be accepted for 40 days. And (let it be known to you that) any slave (of Allaah) whose flesh has been nourished on as-Suht (Haraam money) and Ribaa (interest), then the Fire (of Jahannam) is more deserving of him." [Narrated by Imaam at-Tabraani in al-Mu`jam al-Awsat.]

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-21-2016, 06:00 PM
It comes in a Riwaayat that when a young man dedicates himself to `Ibaadah, Shaytaan asks his associates (from the Jinn) regarding the food and source of earnings of this man. If they tell him it is from Haraam, he says, "Don't worry about his `Ibaadah. His consumption of Haraam is enough to render all of his work null and void."

Aaqib
09-21-2016, 08:15 PM
Seriously? I mistaken meat and now all my deeds are nothing for over a month?

Mustafa16
09-21-2016, 09:06 PM
consequences of living in a non-Muslim nation, perhaps?

darkbro
09-22-2016, 08:07 AM
Could be.

One gotta be careful

M.I.A.
09-22-2016, 12:53 PM
if you mistakenly ate it.. then it's not a problem.

you have to be more familiar with the Quran.

...as do I apparently.

ironically...

may Allah swt make it easier for you.

aaj
09-22-2016, 02:37 PM
It comes in a Riwaayat that when a young man dedicates himself to `Ibaadah, Shaytaan asks his associates (from the Jinn) regarding the food and source of earnings of this man. If they tell him it is from Haraam, he says, "Don't worry about his `Ibaadah. His consumption of Haraam is enough to render all of his work null and void."
Do you have a source for this?

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-22-2016, 03:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aaj
Do you have a source for this?

وقد روي عن يوسف بن أسباط رحمه الله قال : إن الشاب إذا تعبد قال الشيطان لأعوانه : انظروا من أين مطعمه فإن كان مطعم سوء قال : دعوه يتعب ويجتهد فقد كفاكم نفسه إن إجهاده مع أكل الحرام لا ينفعه

It is narrated in "al-Kabaa'ir" of Imaam adh-Dhahabi رحمة الله عليه as a Qowl (saying) of Imaam Yusuf ibn Asbaat رحمة الله عليه. Hence my usage of the word "Riwaayat" rather than "Hadeeth of Rasoolullaah صلى الله عليه وسلم".

aaj
09-22-2016, 04:11 PM
I would still need more evidence towards this concept of seeking permission. Common sense and logic tells you that you don't need permission for that which you posses and allowed in the first place.

This is like saying the husband need permission from wife before getting another wife. This is being preached by modern speakers today when in fact it is not true.

M.I.A.
09-22-2016, 04:26 PM
o_0

...sometimes my wife says I should get another wife.

don't ever fall for that one.

:|

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-22-2016, 05:33 PM
I would still need more evidence towards this concept of seeking permission. Common sense and logic tells you that you don't need permission for that which you posses and allowed in the first place.

This is like saying the husband need permission from wife before getting another wife. This is being preached by modern speakers today when in fact it is not true.
o_0

...sometimes my wife says I should get another wife.

don't ever fall for that one.

:|
Was this posted in the correct thread? No one mentioned anything about seeking permission in this thread, unless I overlooked something.

M.I.A.
09-22-2016, 05:45 PM
...I have no idea what he was talking about!

probably on seeking permission on what is permissible or not.

it seems one of the main contentions he has is the right hands possess ruling..as well as polygamy.

...I reply.. I'm an apologist.

...probably? o_0

aaj
09-22-2016, 05:48 PM
Was this posted in the correct thread? No one mentioned anything about seeking permission in this thread, unless I overlooked something.
You did mention it, seeking consent is same as seeking permission.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-22-2016, 05:49 PM
Never apologise on behalf of Islaam. In reality, doing so is Kufr. People don't realise that though. You only apologise for something that is wrong, or bad. By apologising for Islaam, the person is implying that Islaam is bad, or wrong.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-22-2016, 05:50 PM
You did mention it, seeking consent is same as seeking permission.
Seeking permission on? This thread is about whether the noodles is Halaal or Haraam.

aaj
09-22-2016, 05:56 PM
Seeking permission on? This thread is about whether the noodles is Halaal or Haraam.
ah yes, my mistake there bro. I lost track and thought we were on slavery thread.

M.I.A.
09-22-2016, 06:19 PM
Never apologise on behalf of Islaam. In reality, doing so is Kufr. People don't realise that though. You only apologise for something that is wrong, or bad. By apologising for Islaam, the person is implying that Islaam is bad, or wrong.
I only apologise for my own behaviour.

ah yes, my mistake there bro. I lost track and thought we were on slavery thread.
...great..

now I look silly.

aaj
09-22-2016, 06:43 PM

...great..

now I look silly.
plead the 5th! :)

Scimitar
09-22-2016, 07:05 PM
Get some chicken curry, mix with boiled noodles... Simple

Scimi

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-22-2016, 07:22 PM
Speaking of noodles:

Maggi's 2-Minute Noodles mixed with tuna and mayonnaise is a cheap and easy to make source of protein for anyone wanting to do bodybuilding/powerlifting.

The Maggi's 2-Minute Noodles is Halaal because meat is not used in the manufacturing of their products and nor is it a component of any of the ingredients.

Little_Lion
09-22-2016, 07:25 PM
Try swapping out the mayo for cream of mushroom soup. You might like that even better.

Aaqib
09-22-2016, 08:17 PM
if you mistakenly ate it.. then it's not a problem.

you have to be more familiar with the Quran.

...as do I apparently.

ironically...

may Allah swt make it easier for you.
I believe I am and I know Allah is the most merciful but as you know I'm scared of how maybe I actually did pass the boundries?

M.I.A.
09-22-2016, 08:33 PM
...quran 6:120 onward has a few ?Ayah? relating to the subject.

although someone else can better guide you to context etc.

Scimitar
09-23-2016, 01:28 AM
Speaking of noodles:

Maggi's 2-Minute Noodles mixed with tuna and mayonnaise is a cheap and easy to make source of protein for anyone wanting to do bodybuilding/powerlifting.

The Maggi's 2-Minute Noodles is Halaal because meat is not used in the manufacturing of their products and nor is it a component of any of the ingredients.
yeaaahhhh, but, that mono sodium glutamate, tastes good is bad as hell for ya.

Scimi

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-23-2016, 01:09 PM
Almost everything these days seem to be bad for a person in one way or the other. But the way I see it, I'm going to die soon anyway, so I'll just eat whatever I like. Who gives a monkey's...

(No one else should act on that, though. Take care of your health. Especially you youngsters. Don't be crazy like me.)

darkbro
09-23-2016, 01:14 PM
Almost everything these days seem to be bad for a person in one way or the other. But the way I see it, I'm going to die soon anyway, so I'll just eat whatever I like. Who gives a monkey's...

(No one else should act on that, though. Take care of your health. Especially you youngsters. Don't be crazy like me.)
And spend in the way of Allah and do not throw [yourselves] with your [own] hands into destruction.. (Al baqarah: 195)

[emoji14]

Umm Abed
09-23-2016, 02:34 PM
I dont believe in that, brother Huzaifah, a little bit of unhealthy food here and there is fine, but you still have to take care of your health while you're still alive, it is very important, and Im sure you agree.

May Allah swt give you - and us all - good health and strong iman always, ameen.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-23-2016, 02:34 PM
And spend in the way of Allah and do not throw [yourselves] with your [own] hands into destruction.. (Al baqarah: 195)
Yes. Always live according to that Aayah, my boy. And don't go catching on nonsense in your life.

Leave that to me.

darkbro
09-23-2016, 02:35 PM
Yes. Always live according to that Aayah, my boy. And don't go catching on nonsense in your life.

Leave that to me.
I only catch pokemons

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-23-2016, 02:42 PM
I only catch pokemons
Leave catching Pokemons. Catch good deeds instead.

Life is a lot shorter than you think. Don't waste it.

Every day that a person has is an opportunity to gain Jannah or to gain Jahannam. A person who doesn't utilise his time for good will inevitably start falling into sin. In fact, even if a person is not committing sin but is not doing good either, then that in itself is evil, in reality, and will be a cause of regret for him, because on the Day of Qiyaamah, people will regret every second which passed by them in which they didn't remember Allaah Ta`aalaa. They'll regret all of the moments they wasted. All of the days they wasted. All of the years in their life they wasted.

Life passes quickly, too. Before you know it, (if you live that long) you're old and grey and thinking, "Where has the time gone...?"

Things like Pokemon-Go drain the valuable time which Allaah Ta`aalaa has granted people. All such things were invented by Shaytaan. Everything which distracts a person from the Dhikr of Allaah Ta`aalaa was inspired to the inventors by Shaytaan.

Umm Abed
09-23-2016, 02:47 PM
Excellent advices there, brother Huzaifah, about not wasting time:ma:.

darkbro
09-23-2016, 02:50 PM
Leave catching Pokemons. Catch good deeds instead.

Life is a lot shorter than you think. Don't waste it.

Every day that a person has is an opportunity to gain Jannah or to gain Jahannam. A person who doesn't utilise his time for good will inevitably start falling into sin. In fact, even if a person is not committing sin but is not doing good either, then that in itself is evil, in reality, and will be a cause of regret for him, because on the Day of Qiyaamah, people will regret every second which passed by them in which they didn't remember Allaah Ta`aalaa. They'll regret all of the moments they wasted. All of the days they wasted. All of the years in their life they wasted.

Life passes quickly, too. Before you know it, (if you live that long) you're old and grey and thinking, "Where has the time gone...?"

Things like Pokemon-Go drain the valuable time which Allaah Ta`aalaa has granted people. All such things were invented by Shaytaan. Everything which distracts a person from the Dhikr of Allaah Ta`aalaa was inspired to the inventors by Shaytaan.
You took it too much. I was just playing pokemon go just for a week, which was when i just released. Afterwards the game got bored and it sucks anyway..

Oh cmon, i was just kidding. Thanks for the advice though. Now i play rise of nations with maximum 3 hours per day and only played when i feel sleepy.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-23-2016, 03:27 PM
You took it too much. I was just playing pokemon go just for a week, which was when i just released. Afterwards the game got bored and it sucks anyway..

Oh cmon, i was just kidding. Thanks for the advice though. Now i play rise of nations with maximum 3 hours per day and only played when i feel sleepy.
It's the duty of old geezers like me to give advice, so we give advice. You will know whether or not the advice is applicable to your situation.

darkbro
09-23-2016, 03:31 PM
It's the duty of old geezers like me to give advice, so we give advice. You will know whether or not the advice is applicable to your situation.
Aye, jazakallah.. though i have a feeling that you are just 10 years older than me

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-23-2016, 03:36 PM
Aye, jazakallah.. though i have a feeling that you are just 10 years older than me
As a person who started getting grey hairs from the age of 16, I probably look quite a bit more than 10 years older than you...

In any case, that's not the topic of this thread. It's being derailed.

Scimitar
09-23-2016, 05:25 PM

Scholars be setting great examples these days :D

Scimi

noraina
09-23-2016, 06:08 PM
Been trying to avoid monosodium glutamate :( I'm telling you, it really is addictive.

That said, nice things tend to be the ones doctors are desperate to keep you away from. But to be honest, there's nothing healthier than being happy so if a chocolate bar makes you happy, is it not, in essence, healthier?

(Just joking - don't take that seriously.)

noraina
09-23-2016, 06:37 PM
Speaking of noodles, I don't like the pre-flavoured ones at all.

Here's a simple recipe with noodles that are *really* delicious (if you don't know noodles are the staple of a student's diet, lol).

Plain noodles,
Vegetable stock (those little cube ones)
1 teaspoon of chilli powder and paprika.
A bunch of herbs (can be sage or basil or fenugreek, whatever you prefer).

Boil them all together until they look done and serve. :) Even my father likes them, which is saying something as he only tends to like traditional desi food.

mission2succeed
09-23-2016, 07:04 PM
Subhanallah Brother I wasn't expecting the above from you it is not right for us to thing bad of the blessings Allah has ordained upon us not everything is bad for us and we should die while we are upon good which also includes the beautiful foods around us insha'Allah.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-24-2016, 03:54 PM
What I meant is that, people say bread contains ingredients which are bad for you, the milk in the stores contains ingredients which are bad for you (even shares ingredients with paint), margarine is plastic and is bad for you, chocolates, sweets, chips, biscuits, soft drinks, etc. are all bad for you. Foods like french fries and burgers are considered to be "junk food" and are bad for you. But the thing is, I'm not going to leave off all these things and just eat boiled vegetables instead. I eat chocolates, and biscuits, and jelly sweets, and chips, and things like burgers & fries, pizza, etc. and drink soft drinks. It's considered "unhealthy", but the thing is, everyone is going to die one day. You can "diet", but you will "die yet".

Maybe my message is not understood.

I am saying, I make sure that the food I eat is Halaal. As long as it is Halaal, I eat it. I don't throw out the nice things from food because it's considered "unhealthy". Rather eat the nice things and be happy instead of sticking to a diet of warm water and boiled vegetables and be miserable.

No diet will stop a person from dying. A person can diet everyday of his life and then still die in a car crash. Or get a heart disease. Or be shot dead in the street. So, going on a diet will not prolong your life. My opinion is this: I'm not going to make my life miserable by throwing out soft drinks, jelly sweets, cinnamon tea, chocolates, chips, biscuits, etc. I'm not a fan of boiled vegetables.

M.I.A.
09-24-2016, 04:16 PM
...also take regular exercise.

walks in the park.. golf.. walk to the shops!

or more demanding.

whatever your into, start somewhere..

and then you can eat what you like within limits.

God willing.

mission2succeed
09-24-2016, 04:26 PM
What I meant is that, people say bread contains ingredients which are bad for you, the milk in the stores contains ingredients which are bad for you (even shares ingredients with paint), margarine is plastic and is bad for you, chocolates, sweets, chips, biscuits, soft drinks, etc. are all bad for you. Foods like french fries and burgers are considered to be "junk food" and are bad for you. But the thing is, I'm not going to leave off all these things and just eat boiled vegetables instead. I eat chocolates, and biscuits, and jelly sweets, and chips, and things like burgers & fries, pizza, etc. and drink soft drinks. It's considered "unhealthy", but the thing is, everyone is going to die one day. You can "diet", but you will "die yet".

I am saying, I make sure that the food I eat is Halaal. As long as it is Halaal, I eat it. I don't throw out the nice things from food because it's considered "unhealthy". Rather eat the nice things and be happy instead of sticking to a diet of warm water and boiled vegetables and be miserable.

No diet will stop a person from dying. A person can diet everyday of his life and then still die in a car crash. Or get a heart disease. Or be shot dead in the street. So, going on a diet will not prolong your life. My opinion is this: I'm not going to make my life miserable by throwing out soft drinks, jelly sweets, cinnamon tea, chocolates, chips, biscuits, etc. I'm not a fan of boiled vegetables.
jazakallah khairah brother

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-24-2016, 06:13 PM
...also take regular exercise.

you can eat what you like within limits.

God willing.
You're exactly right.

I have the same opinion. I know that the doctors and medical specialists (including dieticians) all say that all of this food is bad for you (all the nice, delicious foods they claim is bad) and unhealthy, but personally, I don't agree with that. This is just my opinion, but I feel that as long as a person eats food that is Halaal and eats and drinks in moderation, then that food will not be unhealthy for him, In Shaa Allaah, even if it is burgers, french fries, pizzas, ice-cream, chocolates, etc.

Allaah Ta`aalaa says in the Qur'aan:

وكلوا واشربوا ولا تسرفوا

"Eat, drink, and do not waste..."

The Hukamaa (Wise Men) have said that Allaah Ta`aalaa has gathered all of medicine in this Aayah. That if a person acts on this Aayah, he will not get sick on account of food and drink, In Shaa Allaah.

Eat and drink in moderation, and ensure that what you are eating and drinking is Halaal. Then, even if it's chocolates and stuff like that, In Shaa Allaah you will not get sick.

This is just my opinion. I am not a medical professional and cannot speak in that field. Anything I say in the field of medicine counts for nothing. I must mention that as a disclaimer.

It is within my own limited knowledge and experience that if people eat in moderation, they don't get sick, despite the fact that they're eating really nice foods (including curry and roti which is said to be terrible for you).

Umm Abed
09-24-2016, 07:43 PM
Yes I agree, as long as one does not overdo, all will be good, dont deprive yourself...and curry and roti is really good :p

Funny thing is, the people who eat pork will say red meat is not good for you, but red meat is a source of iron.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-24-2016, 10:08 PM
Rasoolullaah صلى الله عليه وسلم and Sahaabah-e-Kiraam loved meat, so I don't believe that it can be bad for you.

Yes, overeating - regardless of what food it may be - is bad for you, even if you're overeating on boiled vegetables and warm water.

darkbro
09-26-2016, 08:06 AM
Rasoolullaah صلى الله عليه وسلم and Sahaabah-e-Kiraam loved meat, so I don't believe that it can be bad for you.

Yes, overeating - regardless of what food it may be - is bad for you, even if you're overeating on boiled vegetables and warm water.
I think i have read a hadith where Prophet said dont make your stomach a graveyard for animals (an'am).. and that Prophet eats meats like once in 3 days or so

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-26-2016, 10:13 AM
I think i have read a hadith where Prophet said dont make your stomach a graveyard for animals (an'am).. and that Prophet eats meats like once in 3 days or so
Do you have a reference for this Hadeeth, bhai? I haven't come across it ever.

ardianto
09-26-2016, 10:59 AM
I think i have read a hadith where Prophet said dont make your stomach a graveyard for animals (an'am)
Do you have a reference for this Hadeeth, bhai? I haven't come across it ever.
That's not hadith, but words from Umar Ibn Khattab radiallahu anhu. The meaning of this message is, do not only eat meat, but eat bread, vegetables, and fruit too.

noraina
09-26-2016, 01:58 PM

I actually really agree with this.

Eat whatever you want to (provided it is halal) but in a balanced way, alongside plenty of water and phsyical exercise.

And besides, many people who do diet end up putting on more weight than before, as well has being bad-tempered and irritable (honestly, how can you be happy after giving up every source of sugar or carbohydrate or protein?)

Serinity
09-26-2016, 02:16 PM

Some people who go on diet to "lose weight" may go to the extreme and cripple themselves out.

Btw, in Islam, Idk if Allah or the Prophet :saw: said this, but we are not allowed to overeat, right?

But say, a training that requires 10,000 calories, would it be sinful to eat food for a particular excersise?

Like, if I want to gain weight and muscles, would it be sinful for me to eat and eat? Basically overeating to increase my capacity?

Allahu alam.l

ardianto
09-26-2016, 02:37 PM

Some people who go on diet to "lose weight" may go to the extreme and cripple themselves out.

Btw, in Islam, Idk if Allah or the Prophet :saw: said this, but we are not allowed to overeat, right?

But say, a training that requires 10,000 calories, would it be sinful to eat food for a particular excersise?

Like, if I want to gain weight and muscles, would it be sinful for me to eat and eat? Basically overeating to increase my capacity?

Allahu alam.l
If you need much calories and eat much to fulfill your caloric needs, this is not considered as overeating. But if you eat too much just because you want, not because you need, this is overeating.

Scimitar
09-26-2016, 03:32 PM
Speaking of noodles:

Maggi's 2-Minute Noodles
I've been eating these since I was ten... that's 31 years.

and yes, MSG (mono sodium glutamate) is not haraam.

Scimi

EDIT: the proper way to boil noodles from a packet (in case ya didn't know)

1) Boil the water then add noodles, and let them cook - boil a secondary pot of water too

2) once the water from the noodles has become cloudy and the noodles have half boiled - strain them and add to the secondary pot of boiling water (this removes the bad stuff from the noodles - the wax they spray the noodles with is not good for you)

3) now add the flavour packet and stir - set the heat from full to simmer, so they come to a rolling boil.

4) this step is optional, but I do it:

I add chopped green onions (spring onions) sliced mushrooms and finely sliced garlic into the pot at this time,

5) every thirty seconds, taste test the noodles until they reach your required consistency (everyone is different)

6) serve, and wait a full minute before eating - use this time to thank Allah - and enjoy. :)

Scimi

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-26-2016, 04:48 PM
This is what the South African ones look like:

Scimitar
09-26-2016, 04:56 PM
WOW, those look... basic :D

Scimi

Umm Abed
09-26-2016, 06:05 PM
I eat them apart from the beef and chicken flavour ones, stick to non-meat ones, you never know if its halal or not

Btw, Scimi's a good cook;)

Scimitar
09-26-2016, 06:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm Abed
I eat them apart from the beef and chicken flavour ones, stick to non-meat ones, you never know if its halal or not

Btw, Scimi's a good cook;)
I lived alone for two years back in 2001/2003... I learnt to cook, lol

I mainly cook Indian food and my fave is butter chicken with rumali roti... and I love to make seekh kebabs, (secret, get fatty meat, not lean meat for a good kebab // ask the butcher for mince that has around 20% fat content in it)

Scimi

Umm Abed
09-26-2016, 06:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
I lived alone for two years back in 2001/2003... I learnt to cook, lol

I mainly cook Indian food and my fave is butter chicken with rumali roti... and I love to make seekh kebabs, (secret, get fatty meat, not lean meat for a good kebab // ask the butcher for mince that has around 20% fat content in it)

Scimi
That was a great opportunity for you to learn how to cook, that is the best time a person learns how to cook :)

What is rumali roti? And yes I agree with fatty mince, its the best for flavour and that goes for other curries too, I never strip the meat of all the fat and bones because thats where all the flavour comes from.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-26-2016, 06:29 PM

Btw, Scimi's a good cook
All of the flavours are permissible, sister. I asked SANHA regarding the Maggi 2-Minute Noodles and received the following reply:

Our ref: hl/148/08.16/ben

Muhtaram, Wa ‘alaykumus-Salaam w.w

Jazakumullah Khairan for your email correspondence and for the opportunity to be of service to you. We advise as follows:

Meat is not used in the manufacture of these product nor is meat a component of any of the ingredients.

Was-Salaam

Consumer Department
Tel: 0861 786 111
Email: helpline@sanha.org.za
http://www.facebook.com/SouthAfricanNationalHalaalAuthority
http://twitter.com/SANHA_Halaal

sister herb
09-26-2016, 06:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by noraina
Been trying to avoid monosodium glutamate :( I'm telling you, it really is addictive.

That said, nice things tend to be the ones doctors are desperate to keep you away from. But to be honest, there's nothing healthier than being happy so if a chocolate bar makes you happy, is it not, in essence, healthier?

(Just joking - don't take that seriously.)
Chocolate is a vegetable. Vegetables are health food. Eat more chocolate.

;)

Umm Abed
09-26-2016, 06:31 PM
Are the meat varieties synthetic flavours? @huzaifa ?

Scimitar
09-26-2016, 06:36 PM
:)

What is rumali roti?

cheat version :D -

Scimi

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-26-2016, 06:37 PM
Are the meat varieties synthetic flavours? @huzaifa?
Yes, they are. Actual meat is never used.

والله تعالى أعلم

Scimitar
09-26-2016, 06:43 PM
Yeah, getting real meat in a packet of noodles which cost 25 pennies would be the bargain of the century :D

Scimi

Umm Abed
09-26-2016, 06:46 PM
Yes, they are. Actual meat is never used.

والله تعالى أعلم

:jz: for clarifying, I appreciate it.

Im still left wondering how a synthetic meat flavour is created. Until then Il probably abstain. Which flavours do you eat?

Scimitar
09-26-2016, 06:46 PM
paprika and onion powder has a lot to do with it... so does MSG

Scimi

Umm Abed
09-26-2016, 06:51 PM
Ive never seen this type of roti before, lol its the first time, just when I thought I knew how to make all kinds of rotis.

Looks good. @sci mi.

Scimitar
09-26-2016, 06:54 PM
If you're gonna make rumali roti, do thie following also

red onion sliced into ringlets, and placed in a small container and then soaked in lime juice... trust me, this is a perfect Amuse Bouche for indian cuisine.

As for the Butter Chicken :) wow, never look back. Just dive in, :D

Scimi

Umm Abed
09-26-2016, 07:05 PM
Interesting vid how he makes them :D

I will decide whether I want to take this challenge of making rumali roti, but I figure Il make it right except the throwing part lol. Ok, this is also new, onion in lime juice, sounds good.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.