/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I have a question..

500yardsoffo
09-26-2016, 06:37 PM
So i'm doing engineering and many people advice me to talk to and be friends with my batch mates and make connections bcoz these connections help in professional life ( getting a job etc). Now we all know that it is Allah that help us in every aspect of life whether we have one or a thousand friends they cannot help if Allah doesnt help. So the question is that should i meet people with the intention of getting help in future or should i meet n greet them with d intention tht its sunnah?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Scimitar
09-26-2016, 06:42 PM
Allah helps those who help themselves, savvy?

Scimi

Huzaifah ibn Adam
09-26-2016, 06:45 PM
There is a saying in Arabic:

الدنيا بالوسائل لا بالفضائل

"This Dunyaa is attained through means (Wasaa'il), and not through virtues (Fadhaa'il)."

What this means is that Allaah Ta`aalaa has created this Dunyaa with certain Asbaab. If you want a job as a doctor, you would have to study at a university, etc. You cannot sit at home and expect to be employed as a doctor despite never having studied. Similarly, if you want to get along in the business world or in the employment world, then along with making Du`aa to Allaah Ta`aalaa, you must also make an effort yourself, and part of this effort is to make connections. Connections are beneficial. Like in SA, for example, you get tenders. From the government. Let's say the government is planning on having all of the walls in Iqwharha Park in Khayelitsha painted, for example. Now, there's a lot of money to be made in that job if it gets given to you. This is known as a "Government Tender". The government will choose someone to give that job to. That person can then make a couple millions of rands from that one tender. However, he won't be given it unless he has contacts within the government circles. Someone who will recommend him, as a painter, to be given that job.

So in whatever field you may be in, having connections is a good thing.

والسلام

Hafiz Ikram
10-03-2016, 11:46 AM
You should meet new people and befriend them because it's a good thing. Islam urges you to adopt all good habits. Getting help from people is the byproduct of good habits.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
azc
01-13-2017, 05:52 PM
Only Allah swt nourishes and sustains us but this duniya is dar ul asbab. We can't deny the concept of asbab. Befriend with people without expecting any help from them. if Allah wants to help us then he makes the people help us. Allah swt likes those who help others.

aaj
01-13-2017, 10:14 PM
connections, networking, bribes, etc. it's all the same. You get ahead in life not by what you know but who you know.

ardianto
01-13-2017, 11:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aaj
connections, networking, bribes, etc. it's all the same. You get ahead in life not by what you know but who you know.
Bribe is haram, bro.

aaj
01-17-2017, 02:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
Bribe is haram, bro.
What do you think connections is?

you're getting your son a job he is not qualified for through connections. He does you a favor and you will do him a favor in return someday. This is why Muslim governments and state run agencies are so incompetent.

ardianto
01-17-2017, 03:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aaj
What do you think connections is?

you're getting your son a job he is not qualified for through connections. He does you a favor and you will do him a favor in return someday. This is why Muslim governments and state run agencies are so incompetent.
Connection is okay as long as not to be misused like in the example that you've written above. All of my employees got chance to work in my company because connection with the employee who already worked in my company, or connection with my friend. however, these connections only gave them a chance, not a guarantee. If they were not qualified I would not accept them. Yeah, I got my employees not because I put advert in newspaper. But because I told my employee to recommend someone who need a job. Or, my friend told me that if I look for employee, then he could recommend someone.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.