/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Trouble Praying

MearazAhmed
10-06-2016, 04:45 AM
I have tried everything to start prayer again, but I always end up being lazy. I have apps on my phone to remind me, but usually I am doing something else. Also, most of the time I do not have wudu and that leads me to more declination of player. Tipsm

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Delete.
10-17-2016, 10:57 PM
A'salamu alaykum. Fear Allah and the punishment of Jahannam. Abandoning Salah is kuffr. Stop whatever you are doing to pray, no matter where you are. How can you neglect the prayer when Allah is the One who is in charge of whatever you are doing instead of it? Allah is in charge of your Rizq.. your health, your family.. There is no Barakah in what you are doing when you are neglecting the Salah. Wudu is a part of the Ibadah, think of it as so. Perform Wudu with concentration, then perform your Salah with concentration. SubhanAllah wa Alhamdulilah it only takes a few minutes. These are my tips, brother. May Allah make it easy for you.

Delete.
10-17-2016, 10:58 PM
And Allah knows best.

mission2succeed
10-17-2016, 11:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MearazAhmed
I have tried everything to start prayer again, but I always end up being lazy. I have apps on my phone to remind me, but usually I am doing something else. Also, most of the time I do not have wudu and that leads me to more declination of player. Tipsm
:salam:

Brother from experience the only thing that is going to get you to pray and enjoy it and do it freely and often is when you build a relationship with your creator. Because every muslim knows prayer is compulsory but even when they hear others tell them or watch others pray they will only do it themselves when they build a bond with their creator. So you need to try and achieve that by working your way towards understanding your creator and once you achieve that you will realise the beauty of communicating with your creator insha'allah and you will automatically prioritize it before everything else insha'allah.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
greenhill
10-18-2016, 09:57 AM
Isn't that the story for most?

Only way is to force yourself. No one else is going to do it for you … they can't anyway.

It starts with you and it ends with you …. and everything in between, you, you, you!

:peace:

Zeal
10-18-2016, 11:13 AM
Make salat the coolness of your eyes that's the way it was like for the prophet saw. But Howwww?? How is that possible you may ask well alot of it's about perfecting the salat and the khushoo within the salat..

And make sure you know what it is you're saying too i.e learn the meaning of the fatihah

Here's a great link to help with khushoo:
[UL]facebook.com/notes/learn-islam-short-courses/pray-like-the-prophet-saw-class-9-khushoo/398935440158769/[/UL]

I'll just leave you with one of the sayings of the prophet saw to show you the importance of khushoo:

“The very first thing to be raised from this Ummah is Khushoo` (awe, fear of Allaah) until there is not a single person in it with khushoo`.” [Saheeh al-Jaami` (2569) and graded as “Saheeh” by Shaikh al-Albaanee]

aaj
10-18-2016, 01:46 PM
Salaah is the 2nd most important pillar after the sahahada. To abandon it is to abandon your deen. The prophet (saw) said who ever abandons is not one of us.

We can tell you all tips and tricks we can and you can even set up 10 alarm clocks and still miss it. IF you really want to be on top of your salah then you have to change your whole mentally and frame of mind. If you have to see it as not a chore you have to get done but something that is part of living, like breathing. You don't think about it, you see the time and you just get up and do it. If you can get into that frame of mind then you won't even need clocks to wake up. You have to want it deep inside you, it has to be an intrinsic value to you and you have to develop love for it or the necessity of it.

One thing that will help inshallah is to learn about it. Many learn how to do salah but they don't know anything history behind it. Learn about the Isra and Mi'raj and story behind how salah was given and the initial number of salahs given to it's current number, learn about the benefit of wudu in this duniya and the hereafter, the benefit of salah and the punishment of abandoning it in this duniya and the hereafter. It's not to follow something when you don't know much about it. When you have knowledge then you see the importance of something and make more of an effort towards it.

muslim brother
10-18-2016, 08:34 PM
we can only commit to something if the rewards and benefits of it are in front of us.
the worship of allah is predominantly done for love of allah taala.

read about virtues of salah and other ibadah
ponder over the favours of allah taala over you
focus more on the love of allah taala as bismillah emphasises love and mercy twice.. arrahmaan arraheem
the love of a mother allows her to clean filthy nappies for over 2 years and to have sleepless nights for each child
and allah taala loves us 70 times more than our own mother

shamie
10-20-2016, 10:22 AM
That does not happen to you alone many of us get lazy to perform salah or even get lazy when performing it but one day i listened in to muft menk 's lectures on youtube and he said who ever feels lazy to perform salah and gets lazy during salah its because we do not know the meaning of salah just like some one mentioned it in the previous comments "And make sure you know what it is you're saying too i.e learn the meaning of the fatihah"and other recitations in salat . This helps us to enjoy the communication and the praising of Allah inshallah May Allah enable us pray as offten as we can

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.