/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Tips for Newly Weds

hbutler
10-20-2016, 01:05 AM
Assalamu alaikum :) my husband and I have been married now for 7 months, alhamdulillah. Do you guys have any tips for keeping our marriage a loving one? Also, are there any activities you really enjoy doing with your spouse, whether it's in the house or out in the community?

JazakAllah Khair!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Delete.
10-20-2016, 03:01 AM
Wa alaykum a'salam. I'm not married but I'd like to still answer, take from it what you feel comfortable with in sha Allah.

-Reading Qur'an together
-Praying Qiyaam al Layl together, keep a spray bottle with water near your bed and spray him with it to wake him up
-Cooking
-Road trip
-Paint your house

That is all I can think of. JazakAllahu khayr, sister.

*charisma*
10-20-2016, 05:30 AM
Wa'alaikum Assalam and Welcome to the forum :D

format_quote Originally Posted by hbutler
Assalamu alaikum :) my husband and I have been married now for 7 months, alhamdulillah. Do you guys have any tips for keeping our marriage a loving one? Also, are there any activities you really enjoy doing with your spouse, whether it's in the house or out in the community?

JazakAllah Khair!
Save money for traveling and take a trip at least once a year. Life can get mundane sometimes, so taking a break to go somewhere new makes the biggest of a difference. If you can't afford traveling, then take up a new hobby and try it together like painting or kickboxing. It's also ok to have space and do your own thing sometimes, because that gives you more topics to talk about, so don't be soo consumed with each other that it's exhausting or suffocating. Find good causes and support them like volunteering or giving charity..encouraging each other to do such things can be so rewarding for both of you in regards to your deen and afterlife.

Eric H
10-20-2016, 07:21 AM
Greetings and peace be with you and welcome to the forum hbutler;

In the UK, by the time a child gets to fifteen, around half of them are not living with both their biological parents. Staying together is a real challenge, it demands lots of forgiving, lots of giving in and trying to put your spouse first. I have only been married thirty one years, perseverance and resilience to life's problems are essential. Fight all battles with loving kindness, never go to bed angry with your spouse.

My wife and I have very little in common, but children and grandchildren have been very important in our lives. Try to be content in life, without the need for all the goodies being advertised.

And pray together if you can.

May you and your husband be a blessing to each other.

Eric

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
shamie
10-20-2016, 08:24 AM
wow mashallah this is nice thank you
in addition to what was shared i can have this for you hope it helps
  • Trust one another and build reasonable boundaries —jealousy and trust rarely co-exist.
  • Spend only what you have — financial stress kills romance.
  • Reserve time for one another at all costs
  • My dear learn to let go of the previous situation let every day be anew day
  • Think of your marriage as a marathon — you will need determination andfaith to go the distance of a lifetime.:):):muddlehea
  • lastly,sister there are many challenges in marriage but always entrust your marriage in Allah and for any challenge get down to the praying mat and ask Allah for help and guidance this will relieve you and inshallah the situation will go

piXie
10-20-2016, 01:30 PM
:salamext:

Do whatever you want - but remember, the husband is the big boss, always. ;)

بَارَكَ اللهُ لَكُم ، وَبَارَكَ عَلَيْكُم ، وَجَمَعَ بَيْنَكُمَا فِي خَيْرٍ

May Allah bless for you your spouse, and bless you, and may He unite both of you in goodness.

زهراء
10-21-2016, 05:38 PM
و علیکم السلام و رحمة الله
بارك الله لكما و بارك عليكما و جمع بينكما في خير

سبحان الله
There are so many things to do. To mention a few:

1) Recite Qur'aan and perform Salaah together

2) Teach new Muslims (Things like Wudhu, Salaah etc.)

3) Visit the orphanage and play with the children(take something for them and watch their faces light up).

4) Visit the old-age home/elderly people and help them out a bit

5) A picnic to bond and admire the creation of Allah.

6) A visit to the zoo.

7) Learn and remind each other of a Sunnah everyday then try to bring it into daily life together
* I went to a lecture today and the speaker was telling us of how easily we can bring sunnah into our lives-if only we try-for example, remembering "Right first when putting clothes/shoes etc. on and left first when taking them off)

8) Make it a point every day or every week to make sure that you put a smile on someone's face.

9) Volunteer to help out at Islamic lectures/seminars. (If there is no mixing)

The activities listed above will Insha Allah bring gratitude and contentment and recognition and remembrance of Allah. It's amazing how making others happy makes a person her/himself happy.

May Allah bless you and give you lots and lots of Barakah

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.