/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Question about "migration for marriage"

Little_Lion
10-22-2016, 10:30 PM
‘Umar ibn al-Khattaab quoted allah’s Messenger as saying, “Indeed actions are according to their intentions and every person will have what he intended. So, whoever’s migration was for Allah and His Messenger, then his migration is for Allah and His Messenger. Whoever’s migration was for this world or a woman for marriage, his migration is for what he migrated.”

When I am once again ready to marry, I would very much like to marry a man from the Saudi peninsula (UAE, Qatar, Oman especially, etc.) because it is frankly the only way that I would be able to complete hijrah . . . I am on disability in the US, and the countries I would like to move to are quite strict that you must be employable in a needed position to move there. Plus, the US does not send disability payments to Middle Eastern countries.

Would my desire to marry into a family that lives in one of these countries so that I may live in an Islamic country count as migrating for the sake of Allah, or would it count as migrating for the sake of marriage? I do not doubt that if I really wanted to I could find someone to marry here in the US, but I do not want to stay here. :embarrass

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Delete.
10-22-2016, 10:34 PM
A'salamu alaykum, sister.

Do you want to move to an Islamic country in order to live around other Muslim's, to be able to practice your Deen freely, and to move somewhere where the people respect Allah and His Laws?

Or do you want to move to an Islamic country because you prefer the men from that country (i.e. their physical appearance, characteristics, etc.)?

Honestly answer this for yourself and you'll know the purpose of your migration! May Allah make it easy for you.

(Also, what about Morocco? It's beautiful)

Little_Lion
10-22-2016, 11:43 PM
By all means, I seek to move to an Islamic country to live near other Muslims where Allah and His Messenger (pbuh) are respected. And masha'Allah, to hear the adan from my window would be beautiful. :D I have no preference for men from that country.

Jazak'Allah khair, sister, and I shall consider Morocco as well!

ardianto
10-23-2016, 01:29 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Little_Lion
‘Umar ibn al-Khattaab quoted allah’s Messenger as saying, “Indeed actions are according to their intentions and every person will have what he intended. So, whoever’s migration was for Allah and His Messenger, then his migration is for Allah and His Messenger. Whoever’s migration was for this world or a woman for marriage, his migration is for what he migrated.”
Assalamualaikum, sister.

This hadith refer to specific case that happened in the period of hijrah which a man refused the order for hijrah from Makkah to Madinah. However, when this man heard the woman who he liked decided to hijrah, immediately he decided to hijrah too with purpose to chase this woman.

In your case, there's no order to do hijrah from US to a Muslim majority country. So if you want to hijrah to a Muslim majority country with hope that you will find a husband there, it's okay.

:)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
eesa the kiwi
10-23-2016, 08:08 AM
Your intention seems not to be marriage but hijrah
Marriage is just the means for you to do so
Go for it sister
Allahu alim of course

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.