/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is there psychological therapy that can help homosexual?

ardianto
10-25-2016, 01:13 AM
:sl:

Is there psychological therapy that can help homosexual to have desire to opposite gender too, so they can establish a normal family like heterosexual people?.

Forcing homosexual to live celibacy is not wise. They are human who have love in their hearts and want to be loved too.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Little_Lion
10-25-2016, 01:57 AM
Psychological therapy works for some, but not all homosexuals. My daughter is homosexual and I asked her if she thought therapy would change that and she said no amount of therapy would ever change it. Alhamduillah she is also asexual (but not aromantic) so the chances of her sinning are very slim. Not that she's Muslim anyway. :cry:

Personally I believe that there are plenty of very quiet sisters behind closed doors who would be more than happy to marry a homosexual. They may be asexual and not mind that there is no physical attraction, they may be homosexual themselves and wishing for an understanding husband who faces the same challenges they do, they may have come from abusive relationships or have been raped and have no interest in sex any more for those reasons, or other causes. I myself would be very, very happy marrying a homosexual man, and I wish that our brothers who do have homosexual thoughts and wish to marry women for the sake of Allah would be more vocal about it so they could be matched with willing women.

*charisma*
10-25-2016, 02:09 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

I think that there's ways to decrease the sexual drive so that they don't feel the "need" to have sex.

However, to be honest, the biggest issue here is the actual intercourse part because it's haram. Can homosexual men or women live without haram sex? Because other than that, what's wrong with having a lifelong companion, best friend, etc. with the opposite sex? Would it impossible for an attraction to form overtime if they genuinely loved each other? I don't think so..

It's sometimes difficult to understand because every homosexual differs. I mean there are homosexual men who are attracted to feminine looking men/men who dress up as women/act femininely, but why is there a disconnect when it comes to being attracted to a female just because of her sexual parts?

islamirama
10-25-2016, 02:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Little_Lion
Personally I believe that there are plenty of very quiet sisters behind closed doors who would be more than happy to marry a homosexual. They may be asexual and not mind that there is no physical attraction, they may be homosexual themselves and wishing for an understanding husband who faces the same challenges they do, they may have come from abusive relationships or have been raped and have no interest in sex any more for those reasons, or other causes. I myself would be very, very happy marrying a homosexual man, and I wish that our brothers who do have homosexual thoughts and wish to marry women for the sake of Allah would be more vocal about it so they could be matched with willing women.
I don't think there are as many as one may think. Homosexuality comes from nature and nurture these days, not something one is born with. Nature wise, it comes from all those hormone induced food products people eat, balancing their hormones. And nurture wise they come from a pro homo culture that promotes is as something normal and acceptable. Very little will come from them wanting to be homo just for the sake of it.

Also, I think we need to define the difference between a homosexual and one with homosexual tendencies. One who has tendencies or desires but does not practice it is not a homosexual "in practice" and therefore is still good (material). So long as a person fights these tendencies and not act on it then he/she is waging their personal jihad against sin and is in clear. One who actually practices and engages in homosexual acts is an actual homosexual. He is a sinner and Allah's punishment can come on him anytime. He needs to repent and marriage to him would not be allowed till he does and quits. Oh and get tested.

https://islamqa.info/en/13707

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
*charisma*
10-25-2016, 03:04 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamirama
I don't think there are as many as one may think. Homosexuality comes from nature and nurture these days, not something one is born with. Nature wise, it comes from all those hormone induced food products people eat, balancing their hormones. And nurture wise they come from a pro homo culture that promotes is as something normal and acceptable. Very little will come from them wanting to be homo just for the sake of it.

https://islamqa.info/en/13707
Atrazine, one of the world’s most widely used pesticides, wreaks havoc with the sex lives of adult male frogs, emasculating three-quarters of them and turning one in 10 into females, according to a new study by University of California, Berkeley, biologists.
Source

ardianto
10-25-2016, 03:20 AM
Also, I think we need to define the difference between a homosexual and one with homosexual tendencies. One who has tendencies or desires but does not practice it is not a homosexual "in practice" and therefore is still good (material).
People with tendency of homosexuality actually are bisexual, not pure homosexual. They still can choose to live as heterosexual or homosexual. Many of them live as heterosexual and have families, while the rest choose to live as homosexual.

I know, there is no therapy to 'switch' homosexual into heterosexual. But, is there therapy to switch homosexual into bisexual, so they can choose to live as heterosexual?.

Delete.
10-25-2016, 04:23 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
People with tendency of homosexuality actually are bisexual, not pure homosexual. They still can choose to live as heterosexual or homosexual. Many of them live as heterosexual and have families, while the rest choose to live as homosexual.

I know, there is no therapy to 'switch' homosexual into heterosexual. But, is there therapy to switch homosexual into bisexual, so they can choose to live as heterosexual?.
A'salamu alaykum, brother. I think one should not rely on therapy. Rely on Allah. If the intention is sincere, to rid oneself of homosexuality, then one should make Du'a, read Quran, purify their heart. This is the way to control the nafs. Get closer to Allah, obey Him, and even if one has to resist the tendencies until the day they die, just imagine the rewards for this struggle, doing it purely for the sake of Allah will have no reward less than Jannah, in sha Allah.

Having a family life, one could either have intercourse purely for the sake of reproduction, it is something to discuss with the spouse beforehand. Or consider adoption, which will also bring rewards, in sha Allah ta'ala. SubhanAllah.

Allah knows best.

ardianto
10-25-2016, 04:26 AM
Unfortunately, homosexual are not asexual. Homosexual man still has sexual desire. He may be willing to marry asexual woman for the sake of social norm. But he still has desire on men, and probably will have a 'boyfriend' to fulfill his sexual desire.

Okay, I will honest about the background of this thread. Yesterday I visited my sister and told her to help me to tell my children that I will remarry. I told her that I want to remarry because 'I am still a male'. And this morning I read thread about homosexuality. Suddenly I remember the solution that I always give for homosexual people, and I felt I am a hypocrite. I always told homosexual people to be able to live celibacy, but I myself not able to live like that and want to remarry. Of course I cannot advocate homosexuality. So I hope there is therapy to make homosexual people can have desire to opposite gender too, and they still can fulfill their desire without violate religious norm.

anatolian
10-25-2016, 09:00 AM
I think in most cases homosexuality is a psycological disorder which mostly originates from childhood mistreatments and can be healed with a therapy.

OmAbdullah
10-25-2016, 03:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anatolian
I think in most cases homosexuality is a psycological disorder which mostly originates from childhood mistreatments and can be healed with a therapy.

If there was no solution to homosexuality, no matter whatever is its cause, then Allah the All-Knowing, would never send the Prophet Lot alaihi salaam to preach to his homosexual nation and to guide them to the right path. Also Allah Almighty has warned about the stony wrath in Sura Hud while the Prophet Muhammad salla Allaho alaihi wa sallam has informed us about the coming of stony wrath on the homosexuals! He salla Allaho alaihi wa sallam said that the skulls of the homosexuals will be broken with iron stones coming from the stars. (Allah knows best about the Prophet's words).

A warning is repeatedly coming now through the scientific knowledge and news about the meteor shower. Meteor shower is the recent name for stony wrath. So the sinners must take lesson and stop. Allah gave the mankind the reproductive system for keeping the human race. The Holy Quraan clearly orders man to go to his wife in the way Allah has ordered that is through the way of womb for reproduction and there (in surah Al-Baqarah verses 222---223) Allah informed Muslim man (Whom Allah gave superiority to implement Allah's Commands, so he is highly responsible) that "your women (i.e. your wives) are your tilth, so go to your tilth as you like". This clearly means that a man cannot use other route even in case of his own wife. Also Hadeeth has warned the wrong husband in horrible words.

In short, o Muslims and non-Muslims, take heed and protect yourselves from the Anger of Allah here and in the Hereafter.

anatolian
10-25-2016, 04:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nbegam
If there was no solution to homosexuality, no matter whatever is its cause, then Allah the All-Knowing, would never send the Prophet Lot alaihi salaam to preach to his homosexual nation and to guide them to the right path. Also Allah Almighty has warned about the stony wrath in Sura Hud while the Prophet Muhammad salla Allaho alaihi wa sallam has informed us about the coming of stony wrath on the homosexuals! He salla Allaho alaihi wa sallam said that the skulls of the homosexuals will be broken with iron stones coming from the stars. (Allah knows best about the Prophet's words).

A warning is repeatedly coming now through the scientific knowledge and news about the meteor shower. Meteor shower is the recent name for stony wrath. So the sinners must take lesson and stop. Allah gave the mankind the reproductive system for keeping the human race. The Holy Quraan clearly orders man to go to his wife in the way Allah has ordered that is through the way of womb for reproduction and there (in surah Al-Baqarah verses 222---223) Allah informed Muslim man (Whom Allah gave superiority to implement Allah's Commands, so he is highly responsible) that "your women (i.e. your wives) are your tilth, so go to your tilth as you like". This clearly means that a man cannot use other route even in case of his own wife. Also Hadeeth has warned the wrong husband in horrible words.

In short, o Muslims and non-Muslims, take heed and protect yourselves from the Anger of Allah here and in the Hereafter.
Thanks for the info but I could not understand the relevance between what I said. I didnt say there is no solution for it. I said therapy is a good solution.

ardianto
10-25-2016, 06:25 PM
I believe the same thing too that homosexual mostly is psychological disorder. That's why I hope there is therapy that can make them have desire to opposite gender too, so they will be able to choose heterosexual way of life. I think like this because I found there are many bisexual in my place who choose to focus their desire only to opposite gender and avoid homosexual activities.

Delete.
10-25-2016, 06:28 PM
Purify the nafs, that is the therapy decreed by Allah Subhana wa Ta'ala, and that is the only therapy that will ever work, with the permission of Allah.

ardianto
10-25-2016, 06:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ___
Purify the nafs, that is the therapy decreed by Allah Subhana wa Ta'ala, and that is the only therapy that will ever work, with the permission of Allah.
You can easily say like this because you are not homosexual. You can marry a man and have life partner (or maybe you already married). But how about homosexual people, especially religious homosexual?. Just like heterosexual, they have dream to have spouse too, but they must try to hold their desire because have same gender partner is sin. Of course I can not advocate them to have same gender partner. That's why I hope there is therapy that can help them to have desire to opposite gender too, so they can feel happiness of love and beloved by their spouses in normal marriage.

ardianto
10-25-2016, 06:54 PM
I myself a heterosexual, a widower. After my beloved wife passed away in 2013 I've ever thought to will not remarry. But then I began to feel lonely. It change my mind, and now I decide that I will remarry, In Shaa Allah (I already found someone).

The loneliness that I feel make me realize what the homosexual feel if they must live alone without someone beside them.

islamirama
10-25-2016, 06:55 PM
I don't know why people are making a big deal about this. We all have desires and want to fulfill them more or less. The heterosexuals also want sex and desires. If they don't go about it the halal way and do zina, what happens? they get public flogging. Not only is it painful less for the the person and but a good deterrent for anyone else thinking of doing the same. So next person having desires he/she can't control will learn to control them unless they want flogging. The zani him/herself will also learn the pain is not worth the pleasure. Why are you treating homosexuals like babies? Show them what happens to the homos as a punishment if they don't know, show them what punishment awaits them if they don't know, and show them how others have managed to get over it. If they have hormone issues then get some hormone therapy, otherwise stop watching that homo cultured entertainment of the west or go making friends with homos and lgbt community. People these days are just too weak minded . Given the right motivation and incentive, you can fix homos and deter those thinking of going down that road. Nothing is impossible.

oh and stop saying 'purify' your nafs and make duas and return to deen and stuff. If things were that simple, there wouldn't be a need for medicine, doctors, lawyers, etc. We make dua and fix our nafs and everything would fix it self? Allah gave us problems to solve and tests to go through. Making duas alone won't cure you from cancer.

sister_39738
10-25-2016, 07:32 PM
Those methods have been proven not to work for most people. Homosexuals have to overcome sexual desire just like everyone else. Understandably, marriage and halal sex is difficult because they are not attracted to the opposite gender but if they believe in Allah they only have two choices: 1. Submit to Allah and resist their sexual desires by remaining celibate 2.Marry the opposite gender and ask Allah to help them make a successful marriage.

Delete.
10-25-2016, 07:38 PM
You can easily say like this because you are not homosexual. You can marry a man and have life partner (or maybe you already married). But how about homosexual people, especially religious homosexual?. Just like heterosexual, they have dream to have spouse too, but they must try to hold their desire because have same gender partner is sin. Of course I can not advocate them to have same gender partner. That's why I hope there is therapy that can help them to have desire to opposite gender too, so they can feel happiness of love and beloved by their spouses in normal marriage.
Homosexuality is not the only disease of the heart nor is it the most difficult to suppress. There are so many diseases of the heart, we all have our battles and just because someone is not homosexual does not mean they are not dealing with loneliness or problems with family life. We already know how to fix all of these diseases of the heart because of what we are taught by Allah and His Rasool salaAllahu alayhi wa salam. Homosexuals (or anyone else for that matter) can go to all the therapy they want, do all the hormone balancing they want, but their problem will never be solved without the Permission of Allah. Allah knows best

oh and stop saying 'purify' your nafs and make duas and return to deen and stuff. If things were that simple, there wouldn't be a need for medicine, doctors, lawyers, etc. We make dua and fix our nafs and everything would fix it self? Allah gave us problems to solve and tests to go through. Making duas alone won't cure you from cancer.
Things are that simple. You advise therapy without advising someone to purify their nafs? That is spiritual therapy in itself, and that is what is prescribed to us. Simply going to a doctor doesn't fix anything, don't deceive yourself. Everything will and does fix itself if we make Du'a and control our nafs, that is the whole struggle of dunya and the best of advice is what was given by Allah and His Messenger. Just saying Allah gave us problems to solve doesn't mean we turn away from Du'a.. that is very wrong. Yes, making Du'a alone will cure cancer, if Allah wills. And Allah knows best.

sister_39738
10-25-2016, 07:42 PM
Only by the will of Allah can anything happen. I am unmarried and have wanted to get married for a long time now but that has not happened yet even though I have been searching. In the meantime I have sexual desire that I have to resist. Maybe I will find a husband this year or maybe not until I am forty or Allah may never grant me a husband. During that time I have no choice but to control myself and so do homosexuals. Stop treating them as if they are somehow different. Sexual desire is sexual desire no matter who it is for. Secondly, marriage is more than sex. It is compaionship, communication, someone who you can depend on. So why do you think homosexuals cant have that? Every hardship in life is a test from Allah and every muslim must decide if they will choose Allah or a life of this world.

OmAbdullah
10-25-2016, 08:08 PM
Thanks for the info but I could not understand the relevance between what I said. I didnt say there is no solution for it. I said therapy is a good solution.

My post/statement is in general for the therapy which is a good solution according to your post. I pointed out that the best therapy /remedy /treatment is the FEAR of Allah. I reminded the wrath of stones which will come due to the Anger of Allah and it will be a killer wrath. So the sinners must fear Allah and stop the sin.

anatolian
10-25-2016, 08:39 PM
I believe the same thing too that homosexual mostly is psychological disorder. That's why I hope there is therapy that can make them have desire to opposite gender too, so they will be able to choose heterosexual way of life. I think like this because I found there are many bisexual in my place who choose to focus their desire only to opposite gender and avoid homosexual activities.
No it is not "too"..Bisexuality has the homosexuality as well. The homosexual activity comes from the homosexual thought and the homosexual thought (If it doesnt originate from a biological disorder) is an abnormality and can be corrected through some therapy. So it is not that one can have homosexual desire but can live a marriage life with his/her opposite gender spouse at the same time. This may cause a problem in time.

islamirama
10-25-2016, 08:41 PM
Things are that simple. You advise therapy without advising someone to purify their nafs? That is spiritual therapy in itself, and that is what is prescribed to us. Simply going to a doctor doesn't fix anything, don't deceive yourself. Everything will and does fix itself if we make Du'a and control our nafs, that is the whole struggle of dunya and the best of advice is what was given by Allah and His Messenger. Just saying Allah gave us problems to solve doesn't mean we turn away from Du'a.. that is very wrong. Yes, making Du'a alone will cure cancer, if Allah wills. And Allah knows best.
Talk is easy. Dua alone is not enough, prophet s.a.w. said to tie you camel and then put your trust in
Allah. Do your part also, and not just leave it to Allah. This is for 2 reasons, 1. Allah wants us to be productive and put the effort in ourselves as well. and 2. very very few have such level of eman that dua alone can cure them from cancer, and that was back in they early days. you will hardly find anyone of such level of eman. So while I do understand where you are coming from, your advice dua only is not realistic and helpful for the others facing today's issues.

anatolian
10-25-2016, 08:45 PM
Purify the nafs...
We must open this further. "Purifying the nafs" can quite be the therapy we mean..

Delete.
10-25-2016, 08:47 PM
Talk is easy. Dua alone is not enough, prophet s.a.w. said to tie you camel and then put your trust in
Allah. Do your part also, and not just leave it to Allah. This is for 2 reasons, 1. Allah wants us to be productive and put the effort in ourselves as well. and 2. very very few have such level of eman that dua alone can cure them from cancer, and that was back in they early days. you will hardly find anyone of such level of eman. So while I do understand where you are coming from, your advice dua only is not realistic and helpful for the others facing today's issues.
I am not advising Du'a only. By all means, be proactive and make efforts, of course. But ultimately, homosexuality and diseases of the heart start with purifying ourselves firstly, and not relying on therapy to solve these diseases. So we shouldn't say Du'a won't help, purifying won't help, going back to Deen won't help, because this all helps much more than therapy. But I understand where you are coming from also, brother and I can agree to disagree. Allah knows best. BarakAllahu fik.

Delete.
10-25-2016, 08:47 PM
We must open this further. "Purifying the nafs" can quite be the therapy we mean..
A'salamu alaykum. What do you mean? I didn't understand, I'm sorry.

anatolian
10-25-2016, 09:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nbegam
My post/statement is in general for the therapy which is a good solution according to your post. I pointed out that the best therapy /remedy /treatment is the FEAR of Allah. I reminded the wrath of stones which will come due to the Anger of Allah and it will be a killer wrath. So the sinners must fear Allah and stop the sin.
Fear of Allah is needed for everything. A homosexual may stop himself/herself from doing it for the entire life by fearing of Allah. But this may not make him/her happy. You can be both happy and refrain from the sin if you use your mind.

anatolian
10-25-2016, 09:20 PM
Those methods have been proven not to work for most people. Homosexuals have to overcome sexual desire just like everyone else. Understandably, marriage and halal sex is difficult because they are not attracted to the opposite gender but if they believe in Allah they only have two choices: 1. Submit to Allah and resist their sexual desires by remaining celibate 2.Marry the opposite gender and ask Allah to help them make a successful marriage.
You mean the therapies didnt work for most people? It is appriciated if you share the results with us. But your first option will not be a solution. They will always live this strugle until the end of their lives. It is not the same struggle of a normal man/woman. You still have the hope of a marriage. Hopelessness is completely a different thing.

anatolian
10-25-2016, 09:23 PM
A'salamu alaykum. What do you mean? I didn't understand, I'm sorry.
Aleykum Salam. I mean purifying the nafs may include the therapy which will heal the rootcause of homosexuality.

islamirama
10-25-2016, 10:27 PM
They will always live this strugle until the end of their lives. It is not the same struggle of a normal man/woman.
It is is the same, you just have to change your mindset if you want to get real results. so long as people keep treating this like an incurable disease you have to live with for rest of your life, then that's all you will get. Give me 24hrs with a homo and watch me beat it out of him like the holy men beat the devil out of you. When people stop walking on egg shells and start walking on hot coals, they'll learn anything is possible.

sister_39738
10-25-2016, 10:38 PM
You mean the therapies didnt work for most people? It is appriciated if you share the results with us. But your first option will not be a solution. They will always live this strugle until the end of their lives. It is not the same struggle of a normal man/woman. You still have the hope of a marriage. Hopelessness is completely a different thing.
Conversion therapy in general does not work for most people. The struggle is defiantly the same and celibacy is an option. What if Allah choose to never grant me a husband? Should I just go out and have sex? Or what if my husband becomes paralyzed from the waist down and never gets an erection again, would my sexual desires just evaporate? Also, you don't know my sexual orientation. I will have you know that bisexuality is a thing and I used to struggle with urges for both men and women but I still never slept with a woman. In fact when I had those urges I lowered my gaze and separated myself from her. I also asked Allah to help me.

keiv
10-25-2016, 11:25 PM
Gay people will have to deal with their sexual desires just like everyone else. A gay (Muslim) will have no choice but to live their life in celibacy if their desire is to hook up with the same sex. It may not sound wise to you but, that's something they will have to deal with.

Little_Lion
10-25-2016, 11:36 PM
It is is the same, you just have to change your mindset if you want to get real results. so long as people keep treating this like an incurable disease you have to live with for rest of your life, then that's all you will get. Give me 24hrs with a homo and watch me beat it out of him like the holy men beat the devil out of you. When people stop walking on egg shells and start walking on hot coals, they'll learn anything is possible.
You can't "beat the gay" out of someone any more than you can "beat cancer" out of someone. Illnesses of any kind take time, the right treatment, and above all, respect and compassion for the person suffering from the illness. You don't get mad at a person because they have schizophrenia and cannot keep a straight mind to fast. in the same respect it is unfair to be angry at a homosexual if you truly believe that it is a mental illness.

islamirama
10-26-2016, 02:10 AM
You can't "beat the gay" out of someone any more than you can "beat cancer" out of someone. Illnesses of any kind take time, the right treatment, and above all, respect and compassion for the person suffering from the illness. it is unfair to be angry at a homosexual if you truly believe that it is a mental illness.
Sure you can, watch me. That is the "therapy" that was given before these sissy cry baby "sensitivities" came into play and money making shrinks came along. And I don't consider it a "mental illness", just a perversion that can be beaten out of you.

anatolian
10-26-2016, 11:29 AM
Conversion therapy in general does not work for most people. The struggle is defiantly the same and celibacy is an option. What if Allah choose to never grant me a husband? Should I just go out and have sex? Or what if my husband becomes paralyzed from the waist down and never gets an erection again, would my sexual desires just evaporate? Also, you don't know my sexual orientation. I will have you know that bisexuality is a thing and I used to struggle with urges for both men and women but I still never slept with a woman. In fact when I had those urges I lowered my gaze and separated myself from her. I also asked Allah to help me.
Sister. Sorry but you are dramatizing it. I am not telling that homosexual relationship is any natural and can be practiced in Islam. It is still sin. I am just telling that it has a background and can be corrected and at least some if not all of these people can find a salvation by this way both in this world and hereafter.

anatolian
10-26-2016, 11:35 AM
I simply don't see any need to have too much hatred against these people who do not harm any people other than themselves. We already have plenty of people to hate who harm other people in this world..

sister_39738
10-26-2016, 12:54 PM
Sister. Sorry but you are dramatizing it. I am not telling that homosexual relationship is any natural and can be practiced in Islam. It is still sin. I am just telling that it has a background and can be corrected and at least some if not all of these people can find a salvation by this way both in this world and hereafter.
How am I being dramatic?

anatolian
10-26-2016, 01:39 PM
How am I being dramatic?
Excuse me if I said anything wrong. Never mind.

islamirama
10-26-2016, 05:30 PM
I simply don't see any need to have too much hatred against these people who do not harm any people other than themselves. We already have plenty of people to hate who harm other people in this world..
Love that which Allah and His Messenger loves, hate that which Allah and His Messenger hates.

That does not mean we go out hunting for homos to kill, i leave that to the bible thumpers.

anatolian
10-26-2016, 05:44 PM
Love that which Allah and His Messenger loves, hate that which Allah and His Messenger hates.

That does not mean we go out hunting for homos to kill, i leave that to the bible thumpers.
Allah hates the sin, we know this. However, We can't know for sure whom Allah hates. We must be more careful on whom we hate. Allah may love a homosexual more than you and me.

islamirama
10-26-2016, 06:17 PM
Allah hates the sin, we know this. However, We can't know for sure whom Allah hates. We must be more careful on whom we hate.
Hate the sin and not the sinner is a concept of the Christians. The phrase is believed to have come from St. Augustine, an ancient Catholic who in his letter of 211 (C.424) included the words “Cum dilectione hominum et odio vitiorum” which when translated to English means “With love for mankind and hatred of their sins.” Many Muslims are adopting it but that is not how it works.

We do know who Allah hates. He says so Himself.

Here are 30 examples: http://www.authentictauheed.com/2011...kh-faisal.html

And here are 7 qualities He hates : https://amuslimsistermaria200327.wor...llah-dislikes/

Note that #4 is :Allah says:“Verily, Allah does not like the transgressors-(mu’tadeen)” (Al-Quraan 5: 87).

AND homosexuality is a transgression.

Allah may love a homosexual more than you and me.
Please don't go around speaking on behalf of Allah. Have you no fear of Allah?

Do you know what Allah says about the sin AND the sinner, especially a homo?

15:74. And We turned (the towns of Sodom in Palestine) upside down and rained down on them stones of baked clay.

15:75. Surely, in this are signs for those who see (or understand or learn the lessons from the Signs of Allaah).

Do you know what the Prophet :saw: says about the sin and the sinner, especially a homo?

The Messenger of Allaah :saws1: said: “Whoever you find doing the action of the people of Loot, execute the one who does it and the one to whom it is done.”. Classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Tirmidhi.

Those clicking "Like" to his post also need to correct their knowledge about this issue. stop supporting lies against Allah.

sister herb
10-26-2016, 06:21 PM
But what about the original question of this thread? Is there any therapy for homosexuals or do we only discuss here (once again) that we have to hate them?

ardianto
10-26-2016, 09:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb
But what about the original question of this thread? Is there any therapy for homosexuals or do we only discuss here (once again) that we have to hate them?
Yes. I post this thread in Health & Science section because I want to discuss about psychological therapy, not about matters that have been discussed in other threads about homosexuality.

sister herb
10-27-2016, 02:37 PM
I think here is a problem when we start to looking for psychological therapy or other kind of medical treatment for the homosexually - we should at the first see it as a disease. If we see it only as a sin, how could a doctor could cure it when the only what can help is repentance and praying? In the west, medicine nowadays see it as normal way to be, not a disease. How the doctor could cure someone who isn´t sick?

It might be possible to get some kind of psychological therapy if a person feels that his homosexually causes problems like depression or anxiety to him but then too therapists may only try to make him to accept his homosexually as a normal thing.

It seems that this is much more complicated matter than we usually think.

anatolian
10-28-2016, 12:52 PM
Hate the sin and not the sinner is a concept of the Christians. The phrase is believed to have come from St. Augustine, an ancient Catholic who in his letter of 211 (C.424) included the words “Cum dilectione hominum et odio vitiorum” which when translated to English means “With love for mankind and hatred of their sins.” Many Muslims are adopting it but that is not how it works.

We do know who Allah hates. He says so Himself.

Here are 30 examples: http://www.authentictauheed.com/2011...kh-faisal.html

And here are 7 qualities He hates : https://amuslimsistermaria200327.wor...llah-dislikes/

Note that #4 is :Allah says:“Verily, Allah does not like the transgressors-(mu’tadeen)” (Al-Quraan 5: 87).

AND homosexuality is a transgression.

Please don't go around speaking on behalf of Allah. Have you no fear of Allah?

Do you know what Allah says about the sin AND the sinner, especially a homo?

15:74. And We turned (the towns of Sodom in Palestine) upside down and rained down on them stones of baked clay.

15:75. Surely, in this are signs for those who see (or understand or learn the lessons from the Signs of Allaah).

Do you know what the Prophet :saw: says about the sin and the sinner, especially a homo?

The Messenger of Allaah :saws1: said: “Whoever you find doing the action of the people of Loot, execute the one who does it and the one to whom it is done.”. Classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Tirmidhi.

Those clicking "Like" to his post also need to correct their knowledge about this issue. stop supporting lies against Allah.
I am not talking on behalf of Allah. I say Allah "may" love not Allah "loves". The reverse of what I said is Allah "cannot" love a homosexual and this is indeed speaking on behalf of Allah. If a specific homosexual does greater things in the eye of Allah than the sin he/she commits Allah "may" love him/her more than you and me. But still He hates his/her sin. The correlation between the sin and the sinner is a long philosophical discussion. We may discuss it later but I think you get what I am telling here?

By the way if a truth was spoken by a non-muslim it is still truth regardless of his/her religion. We can learn many things from christians as well.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.