/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of wearing niqab

sister_39738
10-29-2016, 02:47 AM
So I have debated a few times weather or not I would put niqab on. I know that it is not obligatory, only hijab is but I think there are many benefits to niqab. At least for myself. I think it would bring me closer to Allah which is my main reason for wearing it. I also think it would be a little more protective in the sense that men will not flirt with me (they still do when I wear hijab) and I sometimes don't want people to stare at my face. I know people will stare even more with niqab but I wont feel as exposed with the physical barrier. I do have a few reservations though. I work with the public so I already have to put up with enough rudeness by wearing hijab and that would increase with niqab. When people see a hijabi they already assume we are capable of less and that we are not in control of our lives or that we don't have a voice. Essentially they make that a reality for us by forcing that stereotype upon us even if we insist otherwise. That would increase even more when I put on niqab. And it would make looking for other employment difficult which is what I am trying to do. I am also afraid my already low marriage prospects would diminish to zero. If there are niqabis on here how has your experience been? What are some suggestions?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
فصيح الياسين
10-29-2016, 05:43 AM
You said it will increase eman and bring closer to allah.. then why u waiting for sis????

Now days fitna increasing rapidly so wont we save oursrlf frm it..
And never ever think of peoples.. always think of allah. People say many... and u cant fulfil their desires to wear niqab or not or this or tht.. just its hard times so wearing niqab for allah so i sm safe from people dirty glance

Zeal
10-29-2016, 06:38 AM
I always thought niqab would increase your prospect list..

Sister all your problems and worries would be handled by Allah remember that he loves those who rely upon him.
Now Im not saying there wont be any struggle but Allah would never take you to the point where it becomes too much to bare

Allahu musta'an

sister_39738
10-29-2016, 07:46 AM
I talked to a couple of sisters and reflected on it and it just seems right. Clearly Allah is leading me to it. Lately all of my major decisions have been Allah leading me closer to him. For instance deciding to drop down to part time classes next semester so I wont have to take out loans with riba and deciding to drop art history as a major so I wont have to see haram things like nudity or false idols. I have been learning to let Allah take the reigns because I know he will not lead the sincere astray. My concerns are going to go away by just remembering that I'm doing it for Allah and nothing happens but by his will.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
fhmn63
10-29-2016, 08:29 AM
This might boost your decision on taking up Hijab -

http://islamhashtag.com/8-reasons-mu...an-wear-hijab/

anatolian
10-29-2016, 08:51 AM
At least for myself. I think it would bring me closer to Allah which is my main reason for wearing it.
Salam. Please don't think that I oppose your point but just asking to understand. Why do you feel wearing niqab gets you closer to Allah?

noraina
10-29-2016, 10:32 AM
Wa alaykum assalam,

Ukhti, everyone is on their journey towards Allah swt. And if you feel by wearing the niqab this will help you on that journey, then be all means please don't hesitate, just do it inshaAllah! When you do something, anything, purely for the sake of pleasing Allah swt, He gives you the strength to do it against all odds. And the peace it gives you...subhanAllah.

@anatolian, brother, I think she means that this in an act of worship she wishes to do. Any form of ibadah is something which brings you closer to Allah swt, and the niqab is another, beautiful form of ibadah. Someone who does not wear the niqab is not spiritually deficit or less pious or anything, and everyone is on a journey to better themselves. For some, this is a way to better themselves and strengthen their faith, for others it might be something else, another form of worship. To reach excellence of faith is a lifelong effort.

Might I add, I personally love the niqab, but I follow the opinion of the scholars who say it is voluntary. Some scholars belief it is compulsory and some sisters also follow that opinion. Either opinion is fine and I respect both as they are well-supported by evidence.

sister_39738
10-29-2016, 01:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by fhmn63
This might boost your decision on taking up Hijab -

http://islamhashtag.com/8-reasons-mu...an-wear-hijab/
No I meant niqab, I already wear hijab.

sister_39738
10-29-2016, 02:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anatolian
Salam. Please don't think that I oppose your point but just asking to understand. Why do you feel wearing niqab gets you closer to Allah?
I think I would get closer o Allah because niqab would put more of a barrier between me and the outside world allowing me to constantly reflect on Allah. I also believe it would help me develop more piousness. I'm not saying either of these things cant be achieved with hijab but I think niqab would help me achieve a greater level of this.

Delete.
10-29-2016, 03:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by noraina
Might I add, I personally love the niqab, but I follow the opinion of the scholars who say it is voluntary. Some scholars belief it is compulsory and some sisters also follow that opinion. Either opinion is fine and I respect both as they are well-supported by evidence.
If there are niqabis on here how has your experience been? What are some suggestions?
A'salamu alaykum, sister. As @noraina mentioned, there is a difference of opinion on whether niqab is Fard or voluntary. I follow the view that it is Fard in times of fitna (we are in times of fitna now). So I would absolutely suggest you start to wear it, in sha Allah. The way I see it, niqab is an honour for us. It automatically identifies us as slaves of Allah, SubhanAllah. Don't worry about what people have to say about it, I know that is easier said than done but try to always remember that we are working for our Akhira, and if you don't feel that hijab is sufficient for you, like you said men flirt with you, then take the next step to wear niqab, in sha Allah. I am proud of you whatever decision you make, as you have made the intention of becoming closer to Allah in a beautiful way. Masha Allah, sister. JazakAllahu khayr. Allah knows best.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.