/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What's With No Homosexuality? (With scientific reasoning, please)

Luciana
10-30-2016, 01:25 PM
I didn't know whether this question has been answered before. I just wondering why Islam forbids homosexuality? I know about Luth's story in Qur'an, but I can't place what makes homosexuality bad.

Is it about the danger of doing sodomy? If it's so. It only forbids sodomy but not homosexuality?
Is it about the pre-marital sex of Luth people?
Or is it basically about the danger of homosexuality which I don't understand yet?

Rules are made for reason, right? So what Islam tried to prevent by forbiding homosexuality?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Luciana
10-30-2016, 01:51 PM
I know about Luth's story in Qur'an. But one thing confused me out :
The verses always mention "Luth people" not "homosexuality"

Sooo, is it about forbiding sodomy, basic pre-marital sex or the whole homosexuality things (like attracted to the same sex) ?

Rules are made for reasons, right? So what Islam tried to prevent by telling the Luth people's story?

*sorry if I somehow double-posted this, I'm still new with this app.

crimsontide06
10-30-2016, 02:15 PM
God says it is a sin and to stay away from it, that should be enough of an answer...

This speaker actually uses homosexuality as an example in the 1st 12 minutes https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReboWgK3VnM

*charisma*
10-30-2016, 02:26 PM
Assalamu Alaikum @Luciana and welcome to the forum.

Allah has forbidden the actions of homosexuality. In islam, homosexuality is seen as a desire, just as any other desire, which has to be controlled. If it's not a "desire" as some people like to argue, then it's an abnormality. Premarital and extramarital sex is forbidden as well. Lut's people were destroyed because after many warnings from Lut, not only did they continue their sinful ways, but they had no shame in doing so. The people were so open and arrogant about their lifestyle that they even scoffed at Lut telling them to leave the city since Lut's family are a people that like to keep themselves pure (reference Quran 27:56). The people of Lut were people who could have had relations with women but chose to be with men, and they forced new comers to engage in the same activities as they did.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
sister herb
10-30-2016, 03:03 PM
Same question here too:

http://www.islamicboard.com/clarific...=homosexuality

Born_Believer
10-30-2016, 04:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Luciana
I didn't know whether this question has been answered before. I just wondering why Islam forbids homosexuality? I know about Luth's story in Qur'an, but I can't place what makes homosexuality bad.

Is it about the danger of doing sodomy? If it's so. It only forbids sodomy but not homosexuality?
Or is it basically about the danger of homosexuality which I don't understand yet?

Rules are made for reason, right? So what Islam tried to prevent by forbiding homosexuality?
Scientific reasoning is pretty simple: male on male sexual intercourse is the foremost method of HIV transmission. For example, of the 43 thousand plus people with HIV in the USA, almost 30k of them are homosexuals/bisexuals. On top of that, there are various other issues, such as breakage of skin on the penis when it enters the rough, much drier environment of the anus, leading to bleeding and other infections. I could go on and on but it does get quite grotesque but this should suffice if you want a scientific/medical explanation.

With regards to trying to make a distinction between Lut's people and homosexuality, don't. None exists. An example if given of that group of people so we better understand both the dangers of homosexuality and it's punishment from Allah. There need not be any distinct discussion on why only certain types of homosexuality is mentioned or why female/female sex isn't mentioned specifically (it may be, I can't remember). The bottom line in Islam is that sexual relations with someone of the same sex is haram. Period.

There is plenty of medical/scientific knowledge to say why.

In fact, there's a question I like to answer people who bring up the legality of homosexuality in Islam and religion in general. The question I ask is: why is homosexuality right?

anatolian
10-30-2016, 07:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Luciana

Salam sis. It is an intended abnormality. Islam forbids all intentional abnormalities. Allah has a creation and do not want us go agians this creation.

Nobody's Girl
10-30-2016, 09:51 PM
I know this might seem very hard to accept but it is for your own benefit. I can empathize with you as I had a lesbian friend in high school years back. She was one of the nicest, most kind, and non-judgemental people I have met in my life. So I know it stings to know that such good people have so much to struggle with. She told me her aunt was a lesbian too. And there is research that if you are the youngest child you most likely will be homosexual. So that begs the question: why would God make me gay and then forbid me to practice my feelings. My answer is: it's because God wants us to conquer our desires and not submit to them. Do we ride the car or let it ride us. I know this sounds awful and cheesy but that's the first metaphor that came into my mind. Lol. Anyway you should know that God loves you more than your mother does. He knows he tested you with homosexuality so you can make a choice between Him or your sexual desires.

Hope this helps.

drac16
10-31-2016, 02:51 AM
There are risks to the physical body when it comes to male homosexual sex, but that is not the reason why homosexuality is a sin. Even if there were no risks, it would still be a sin. That can lead us to ask "Why are certain things considered sinful?". It's because Allah has declared it to be sinful. Lut [peace be upon him] did not go to the Sodomites and day "This practice is not physically healthy, therefore it's a sin". He said "Will ye not fear Allah?" (surah 26:161).

The reason why sinful things are sinful is because they are an attack on God's character. He is too Holy to see homosexuality and sex within the context of marriage as equal. It's not sinful because you can damage anal tissue-- it's sinful because God says it's sinful. You have to place revelation a level above naturalistic thinking. As muslims, that's the only reason we need; Allah says it's sinful, so that's the end of it.

Some people will lie and say that the Qur'an only prohibits excessive homosexuality and not committed same-sex relationships. If that were the case, Lut would've said "You guys aren't committed enough and you need to do a little better". He didn't say that, though, he rejected their doings altogether. Not a single verse in the Qur'an speaks positively about homosexuality. It's all sinful, regardless of whether it is quote-on-quote "committed" or not.

Luciana
10-31-2016, 10:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by drac16
Not a single verse in the Qur'an speaks positively about homosexuality. It's all sinful, regardless of whether it is quote-on-quote "committed" or not.
Ah, thank you for pointing it out. It's all clear now for me.

Luciana
10-31-2016, 12:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Born_Believer
In fact, there's a question I like to answer people who bring up the legality of homosexuality in Islam and religion in general. The question I ask is: why is homosexuality right?
Good question, I would like to know the answer as well.

As for my basic knowledge goes, it depends on their beliefs. Some say it's allowed because some born THAT way (lack of hormones or something like that). But for my personal opinion, God made us that way because God creates locks with its keys, so we expect to solve our sexuality problems.

Muhammad
10-31-2016, 04:36 PM
:salamext: and welcome to the forum,

As Muslims, regardless of whether we understand the wisdom behind a ruling or not, we submit to the laws of Allaah :swt: because everything that He commands is good for us, and everything He prohibits is warding off a harm to us. Regarding homosexuality, it is wrong from a number of different perspectives. One of our members mentioned some of these in the following words:

Originally Posted by Ansar Al-'Adl
Homosexuality - including both gays and lesbians - is seen as a perversion of the natural order which God has instituted for humanity. It is in conflict with the nature of humanity, as a creation that procreates. Hence, it is wrong from a natural perspective. Homosexuality entails many dangerous practices that have disastrous medical consequences. Hence, it is wrong from a medical perspective. Homosexuality negates the basic block of society, a family, thus it demolishes social order at the grass roots level, as children are no longer raised with the compassion of a mother and guardianship of a father. Homosexuals consume from society yet contribute nothing in return. Hence, it is wrong from a societal perspective.

I'll be closing this thread as we have a number of other threads on this issue, including one or two that are still active. If you need any further clarification, :ia: you can post there.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.