/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Did Jesus sin?...

Al Sultan
11-02-2016, 08:54 PM
Assalamo alikum brothers and sisters.I read a Hadith,where the prophet Mohammed

said (PBUH) "Every son of Adam is a sinner"

come to think about it...many people say that Jesus never sinned,but isn't that contradicting Prophet Mohammed's words??

so did Jesus sin?....is it written in the Quran? or mentioned.
Wa alikum salam

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
drac16
11-02-2016, 09:30 PM
Salam alaykum

The Qur'an never attributes a sin to Jesus [peace be upon him]. I'm not aware of any hadith that says that he sinned. We can only take a position based upon evidence. Because there is a lack of evidence either way, we should be silent on that issue (i.e. don't say that he for sure did or that he for sure did not).

Al Sultan
11-02-2016, 09:41 PM
But isn't that every one is not perfect?...and that everyone is a sinner..idk it kinda hit me a few days ago..

islamirama
11-02-2016, 11:45 PM
:wa:

Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah said (in al-Fataawaa, 4/319): “…The belief that the Prophets are free of major sins, but not of minor sins, is the opinion of the majority of Islamic scholars and of all (Muslim) groups… It is the opinion of most mufassireen (commentators on the Qur’an), scholars of hadeeth and fuqaha’ (jurists).”

Do prophets sin - https://islamqa.info/en/1684

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Kiro
11-03-2016, 11:37 AM
There can be exceptions, I think maybe in languages, 'every' is used to give a certain effect like a big range

maybe like

Everyone here has to come to class tomorrow

but someone might have been ill so he is an exception

don't know if that analogy works

it still gives the effect that everyone has to come in for tomorrow, it's more simpler way of saying

greenhill
11-03-2016, 02:10 PM
I look at it this way.

If the prophet had said that, and we know that prophets did. Some we know about, most we don't. They repented.

It shows Allah nature as Ar Rahman Ar Rahiim.

So Like Prophet Muhammad pbuh, his was a simple forgetful omission of "in sya Allah" and not attending to a man..

So the point is, you will sin, so always seek forgiveness from your Lord. It matters not what they are. . . or what Jesus did.

:peace:

Delete.
11-03-2016, 06:15 PM
Wa alaykum a'salam.
Kabaa'ir are the major sins and Saghaa'ir are minor sins in Arabic. All of the Prophets and Messengers of Allah (alayhim salam) were human beings who made mistakes (for worldly matters), but they did not commit major sins. Whenever Allah speaks of a mistake of a Prophet, it is immediately mentioned that they repent from it after they realise, and Allah is the Most Forgiving. And none of them made these mistakes as an act of disobedience, rather they were unintentional. As far as the Prophets conveying the Message they were given by Allah, it is not possible for them to make a mistake regarding it. This is agreed upon. Allah knows best.

Al Sultan
11-03-2016, 08:51 PM
i see...

keiv
11-03-2016, 10:54 PM
Dumb question but, is Isa pbuh considered a son of Adam pbuh though? :hiding:

Al Sultan
11-03-2016, 10:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by keiv
Good point.......well he came from Allah?..(not his son) like Allah made him.So I guess not..but still isn't everyone not perfect ?...no it's not a dumb question brother [emoji23]

islamirama
11-03-2016, 11:15 PM
all of mankind came from Adam a.s. , his creation is one of the 4 ways Allah created us.

Adam a.s. was created from nothing
Eve was created from a man alone
Isa a.s. was created from a woman alone
rest of us are created from a man and a woman

Delete.
11-03-2016, 11:18 PM
A'salamu alaykum. All of humanity are Bani Adam (the children of Adam, peace be upon him). It was a valid question. JazakAllahu khayr.

popsthebuilder
11-04-2016, 01:16 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by greenhill
I look at it this way.

If the prophet had said that, and we know that prophets did. Some we know about, most we don't. They repented.

It shows Allah nature as Ar Rahman Ar Rahiim.

So Like Prophet Muhammad pbuh, his was a simple forgetful omission of "in sya Allah" and not attending to a man..

So the point is, you will sin, so always seek forgiveness from your Lord. It matters not what they are. . . or what Jesus did.

Even in Islam are not all the prophets looked to for teachings and example?

I think it may very well matter what Isa did. His example is indeed one to learn from.

I humbly suggest that you misspoke brother.

If what Jesus did wasn't important to Islam then his name wouldn't be in the Qur'an.

Peace

greenhill
11-04-2016, 07:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by popsthebuilder
Even in Islam are not all the prophets looked to for teachings and example?

I think it may very well matter what Isa did. His example is indeed one to learn from.

I humbly suggest that you misspoke brother.

If what Jesus did wasn't important to Islam then his name wouldn't be in the Qur'an.

Peace
I did not say what he did was not important. I was referring to the OP asking what was the sin.

It matters not what it was... that's what I am saying.

popsthebuilder
11-04-2016, 10:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by greenhill
I did not say what he did was not important. I was referring to the OP asking what was the sin.

It matters not what it was... that's what I am saying.

I apologize for the confusion.
Thank you for the clarification.

Peace

Al Sultan
11-04-2016, 06:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by popsthebuilder
I apologize for the confusion

Eh,its okay,dont worry about it.

we all make mistakes :)

Al Sultan
11-06-2016, 08:30 PM
But the thing is that,there's no recorded Hadith,or a verse in the Quran that actually says Jesus did sin..I believe their sins are forgiven but idk it's still confusing me

Al Sultan
11-06-2016, 08:31 PM
(The prophets) sorry forgot to add it in

Scimitar
11-06-2016, 08:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al Sultan
But the thing is that,there's no recorded Hadith,or a verse in the Quran that actually says Jesus did sin..I believe their sins are forgiven but idk it's still confusing me
No Prophet or Messenger of God ever committed the BIG SINS once they received prophethood - I mention BIG SIN simply because, before Moses (upon whom be peace) was given prophethood by Allah, he had killed a man in Egypt - which is a big sin. Having said this, the circumstances under which Moses pbuh killed the Egyptian Guard is debated, and some say it was in self defence that Moses pbuh acted. If so, then I even doubt it could be called a sin.

Barring this, I do not recall any other prophet or messenger of Allah having committed any BIG SIN - period.

As for small sins - whatever... it is well known in our traditions that the prophet Muhammad pbuh used to do at least 70 astagfar a day. And that, from a man as close to perfect as is physically, spiritually and any other way possible.

Scimi

Scimitar
11-06-2016, 08:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamirama
all of mankind came from Adam a.s. , his creation is one of the 4 ways Allah created us.

Adam a.s. was created from nothing
Eve was created from a man alone
Isa a.s. was created from a woman alone
rest of us are created from a man and a woman
The current genepool of humans is more accruately described as Bani Nuh (alaihis salaam), than Bani Adam (alaihis salaam) simply because after the flood, mankind was left to fruit from his seed. We're still bani Adam, but more fitting to call us Bani Nuh, as that previous genepool of humanity between Adam and Nuh has been destroyed by the deluge and therefore, lost.

Scimi

Al Sultan
11-07-2016, 11:21 AM
Actually,i had a question on my mind....people say,well,i heard a lot of muslims say that specifically Adam (AS) was 90 meters tall,and mashallah,thats like a tower!... so if Adam is that tall,then we "evolved" ?? I asked that to my English teacher *since we were talking about how tall giraffes are and compare them with other animals* and he said yes,we did evolve...but the thing is WE don't believe in evolution,its scientifically impossible,(google it lol it literality says that) and I've read a few articles denying evolution with logical arguments.But you said

format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
simply because after the flood
I have never heard of a "flood"....

it could be that then? because it just hit me..if Adam (as) was incredibly tall,why aren't we tall then?..it lead me to the theory of evolution..and obviously I don't believe in evolution (nor anyone does except retarded monkeys called Darwinians)

ertuğrulgüney
11-07-2016, 01:10 PM
The flood occurred to a limited territory in which the people of Noah lived. It is about Noah p.b.u.h's society. Allah does not punish anyone who does not receive a prophet.

Scimitar
11-07-2016, 03:04 PM
Actually,i had a question on my mind....people say,well,i heard a lot of muslims say that specifically Adam (AS) was 90 meters tall,and mashallah,thats like a tower!... so if Adam is that tall,then we "evolved" ?? I asked that to my English teacher *since we were talking about how tall giraffes are and compare them with other animals* and he said yes,we did evolve...but the thing is WE don't believe in evolution,its scientifically impossible,(google it lol it literality says that) and I've read a few articles denying evolution with logical arguments.
Not 90 meters, but 90 feet. The measurement given in the scriptures is 60 cubits. A cubit is approx 1.5 feet. SO 60X1.5=90 feet.

But you said

[enter my quote here]

I have never heard of a "flood"....
A global deluge occurred on earth (according to some researchers around 12,500BCE) which wiped out all life except that which survived on the Ark which Nuh Alaihis Salaam built.

According to scripture, the current genepool of humans is descended from his three sons - Ham, Shem and Yafith (along with their wives) - who settled three regions. Ham settled the Horn of Africa (Maghreb), Shem settled the Middle East and Yafith went into the North Lands... from here we find our modern races have developed due to "adaptation" which is not "evolution" per se. For example, if a white man goes to south Africa for a few months in the summer - he will tan. Adaptation is not Evolution.

With regards to why we are not tall? Some scientific studies postulate that pre-flood era, the ozone layer was much thicker than it is now (not due to global warming nonsense) and the sea levels were much lower than they are today - facilitating in ideal conditions for mankind to prosper. Fruits and trees, animals and even humans were larger in size due to these factors according to scientists and experts.

However, this begs the question, was Nuh Alaihis Salaam a giant? We have no hint within any scripture that he was a giant - let's not forget, Nuh pbuh was alive before the flood and survived it - so he must have been the same size before and after the flood. Meaning, the idea that the scientists push regarding the lower sea levels and thicker ozone, doesn't quite fit into this nuance.

With regard to giant humans, you may want to look into the conspiracy surrounding the Smithsonian Institute - they have a knack of taking giant human skeletons for "further analysis" which then disappear and never appear again - anywhere - with denials that they ever took these bones in the first place... agenda? ToE. Why? TO make you disbelieve, of course.

This is just the opening of the rabbit hole, how far in you wish to go is entirely up to you. Should you decide to go down that hole, you'll most certainly find it overwhelming at first, but with a little due dilligence, you will persevere in sha Allah.

Scimi

Al Sultan
11-07-2016, 06:04 PM
Subhanallah again,I was questioning ( a long time ago) how our color changed from white to black..and you answered it in your reply Mashallah...I see..so basically it's not just a historic event,it's even SCIENTIFIC..subhan Allah..I wanna ask,"these" scientists who discovered this event,do you think that leads them to believe in evolution ? Or rather disprove evolution?..

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.