/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Nikah @ home

eiliyah_faith
11-06-2016, 10:17 PM
Salam!

I am hoping to get married in the spring inshallah.

My partner reverted ten years ago, but hasn't attended mosque in many years and now lacks confidence to attend. Although I go to my study group weekly (took my Shahada in ramadan this year) I am also yet to attend mosque. We therefor have no direct link to an imam or mosque.

The head teacher of my study group is very resourceful and has said she is able to help get a Nikah done at home for us.

Was just wondering if anyone has had a nikah ceremony at home and if they'd mind sharing their experience?

Thanks in advance!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ardianto
11-06-2016, 11:03 PM
Assalamualaikum, sister.

My sisters performed nikah at home which I was the wali since my dad had passed away. We invited the imam and officer from sharia office to my parent home. The nikah procession is same as nikah that performed in masjid.

:)

eiliyah_faith
11-07-2016, 10:38 AM
Would we be able to contact the Sharia Office and ask for someone to perform our ceremony? We're in London..

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.