/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is it a Bidah To Shake Hands With Both Hands

GINGERBEARDMAN
11-14-2016, 08:58 AM
https://gingerbeardmansite.wordpress...th-both-hands/

There is nothing wrong with shaking hands by holding the other person’s hand with both your hands. Al-Bukhaari authored a chapter on shaking hands and gave it the title “Holding both hands.”
Ibn Battaal said: “Holding both hands when shaking hands is a praiseworthy form of exaggerating handshakes which the scholars recommended.”
~ Muhammad Saalih Al-Munajjid

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ardianto
11-14-2016, 09:51 AM
:sl:

I usually shake hand with both hands, because this is etiquette in my place. While shake hand with only one hand considered as Western custom.

Serinity
11-14-2016, 10:35 AM
:salam:

Shaking hands with 2 hands is not common here.

But I do find some who do. Mainly elders.

Allahu alam.

noraina
11-14-2016, 04:17 PM
Wa alaykum assalam,

Actually, in my culture it's more common to shake hands with both hands. Even women will shake hands with each other in this way, holding it for a moment, it's considered to be a sign of affection and friendship.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Supernova
11-14-2016, 05:00 PM
Asalaamualaykum

As far as i know, not only is using both hands allowed but it is actually recommended.

azc
02-07-2017, 03:02 PM
Shaking with both hands seems to be a symbol of affection and civility

M.I.A.
02-07-2017, 04:09 PM
not a freemason thread? o_0

honestly i get random people wanting to shake hands.. didnt use to happen before.

maybe part of growing up.

that hand shake where they drag their fingers across your hand when they let go..

guess its just something you have to get used to.

i find it very hard to say.. sorry my hands are dirty.

there is no compulsion in religion.

i wonder if that counts as back biting.. although i have known people who would eat you alive if you said the wrong thing.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.