Came across this which is quite interesting and thought I should share:
The Age of Men shouldn't be confused with the Age of Earth and it's previous inhabitants a we know Jinns existed on Earth, and still do, before Mankind set foot on it. Infact the Angels questioned Allah Most High as they knew full well the catosrophy that befell it's previous inhabitants. You can read more of that here:
Adam(AS) had a life span of around 900 years and was 60 or so tall:
So if we use estimate our predecessors had a higher lifespan and whittle down the tree, taking into estimation that the stature and lifespan of mankind has degraded over the years, the time Men have been on Earth is roughly 10000 years in age or so?
- There is no certainty in the exact number of Prophets sent
- That More then One Prophet and massenger has existed in the same time period often times along each other (Yaqoub and Yusuf, Musa and Harun Peace be upon them).
- That the time between one prophet being sent to an nation and the next being sent to the same nation is not known; can be more than a year/s or even in the same time period.
- That the prophets sent to a nation is not recorded; there could have been prophets sent to other nations/tribes in remote places existing at the same time as other prophets in different nations. So there is no restriction to
the number of Prophets or Massengers that existed at the same time on Earth.
- That the Jinns did exist and other life forms/creatures may have existed on Earth before the arrival of Adam(AS).
- That the age of Earth is not known.