/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Any arabic translators here?

TDWT
11-25-2016, 02:02 PM
Any people here know how translate arabic to english? I'd like to translate some tiny text if you don't mind.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
*charisma*
11-25-2016, 02:11 PM
Assalamu Alaikum,

Yea, there are many who are able to translate. What is it you'd like translated?

TDWT
11-25-2016, 02:32 PM
2: ((بياض الوجه وحسنة))

فهي حوراء والجمع حور والحوراء هى البيضاء النقية فلا نمش فيها ولا بقع
قال ابن الأثير (الحوراء هى الشديدة بياض العين الشديدة سوادها ,
ولا يقال للحواراء حوراء حتى تكون بيضاء ناصعة البياض مع شدة بياض البياض فى عينها وشدة سواد السواد فى عينها أيضا وبياضها مختلط بصفرة حتى لا يكون كالبرص )
قال الله تعالى ( كأنهن بيض مكنون ) سورة الصفات الآية (49)

3: (( حِسان ))

فليس البياض وحدة هو وصف وجه الحوريه, لكنها حسنة حسناء فقد تكون المرأة بيضاء لكنها ليست جميلة
أما الحور فقال الله وعالى فيهن (حسان) سورة الرحمن الآية (70)
يعني حسان الوجوة وهذا هو جمال الوجة وحسنه بصفة عامة أما عند تحري قسمات ذلك الوجه فسيرى العجب في مكوناته وانة مجمع لعناصر وأعضاء متعددة
كل عضو منها يحمل من الحسن ما يكون هذا الوجة الحسن الجميل وكلما خرج أزواجهن إلى سوق الجنة ورجعوا وجدوا وجوة أهليهن أكثر حسنا وجمالا

in the part under 2, it says the word albinism in some online translators alongside white mixed with yellow but I don't know what it is actually saying?

Scimitar
11-25-2016, 08:31 PM
member Ahmed Gassama has translated Arabic for me and others before... he even does subtitling work on videos for English and French speaking audiences.

Scimi

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Scimitar
11-25-2016, 08:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by TDWT

ولا يقال للحواراء حوراء حتى تكون بيضاء ناصعة البياض مع شدة بياض البياض فى عينها وشدة سواد السواد فى عينها أيضا وبياضها مختلط بصفرة حتى لا يكون كالبرص )

3: (( حِسان ))

فليس البياض وحدة هو وصف وجه الحوريه, لكنها حسنة حسناء فقد تكون المرأة بيضاء لكنها ليست جميلة
أما الحور فقال الله وعالى فيهن (حسان) سورة الرحمن الآية (70)
يعني حسان الوجوة وهذا هو جمال الوجة وحسنه بصفة عامة أما عند تحري قسمات ذلك الوجه فسيرى العجب في مكوناته وانة مجمع لعناصر وأعضاء متعددة
كل عضو منها يحمل من الحسن ما يكون هذا الوجة الحسن الجميل وكلما خرج أزواجهن إلى سوق الجنة ورجعوا وجدوا وجوة أهليهن أكثر حسنا وجمالا

in the part under 2, it says the word albinism in some online translators alongside white mixed with yellow but I don't know what it is actually saying?

Albino?

POSTED FOR EDUCATION REASON

Scimi

*charisma*
11-26-2016, 01:31 AM
Ok so since no one has replied yet...

I will try to explain to you what this means because it would be very hard to understand for a non-fluent/non-native speaker. Basically it is describing a type of very beautiful women called "hawra'." These types of woman have very white scleras (white part of the eye), and very black irises. Furthermore, the white space between the corner of the eye and the iris is not even in both eyes (the iris is off-center). For example, the inner white part of one eye one, is bigger than the inner part in the other eye. The skin also is extremely white, but with a yellowish tone, so it's not white the way albinism is. (The "yellow" in this is just a description, not necessarily meaning the skin is yellowish, but rather that it is not to the degree of albinism white). Now how all of this relates to hoorul ayn is that hoorul ayn are in this category of beautiful women or hawra' as they are called in arabic.

I can't really translate this word for word because it would sound a bit confusing.

The 2nd part is just relating that whiteness is not what makes a woman beautiful (considering beautiful women come in all shades) because not everyone who is white is considered beautiful, but that this is just a description of what hawra is. Then they quote Quran 55:70. And the following hadith:

Anas b. Malik reported that Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) said:
In Paradise there is a street to which they would come every Friday. The north wind will blow and would scatter fragrance on their faces and on their clothes and would add to their beauty and loveliness, and then they would go back to their family after having an added lustre to their beauty and loveliness, and their family would say to them: By Allah, you have been increased in beauty and loveliness after leaving us, and they would say: By Allah, you have also increased in beauty and loveliness after us.

TDWT
11-26-2016, 03:29 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by *charisma*
Ok so since no one has replied yet...

I will try to explain to you what this means because it would be very hard to understand for a non-native speaker. Basically it is describing a type of very beautiful women called "hawra'." These types of woman have very white scleras (white part of the eye), and very black irises. Furthermore, the white space between the corner of the eye and the iris is not even in both eyes. For example, the inner white part of one eye one, is bigger than the inner part in the other eye. The skin also is extremely white, but with a yellowish tone, so it's not white the way albinism is. (The "yellow" in this is just a description, not necessarily meaning the skin is yellowish, but rather that it is not to the degree of albinism white). Now how all of this relates to hoorul ayn is that hoorul ayn are in this category of beautiful women or hawra' as they are called in arabic.

I can't really translate this word for word because it would sound a bit confusing.

The 2nd part is just relating that whiteness is not what makes a woman beautiful (considering beautiful women come in all shades) because not everyone who is white is considered beautiful, but that this is just a description of what hawra is. Then they quote Quran 55:70. And the following hadith:

Anas b. Malik reported that Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) said:
In Paradise there is a street to which they would come every Friday. The north wind will blow and would scatter fragrance on their faces and on their clothes and would add to their beauty and loveliness, and then they would go back to their family after having an added lustre to their beauty and loveliness, and their family would say to them: By Allah, you have been increased in beauty and loveliness after leaving us, and they would say: By Allah, you have also increased in beauty and loveliness after us.
Ok, I was wondering, what is white mixed with yellow in arabic for a complexion? I have heard that someone told me that is it considered hinti, but what does that mean? Is it tan/brown or olive skin or a lighter shade as someone told me it is the shade just before white? what whiteness does a hawra have for skin if not like albinos?

*charisma*
11-26-2016, 02:17 PM
Ok, I was wondering, what is white mixed with yellow in arabic for a complexion? I have heard that someone told me that is it considered hinti, but what does that mean? Is it tan/brown or olive skin or a lighter shade as someone told me it is the shade just before white? what whiteness does a hawra have for skin if not like albinos?
I'm not sure honestly because the word "white" generally in arabic, is not used like it is in English to describe complexion. In arabic it can mean several things, even describing dark complexioned people. It can mean like "pure" or "good" etc. The point of the yellow being put there is to stray away from the idea that degree of whiteness means albinism. I found a pretty cool article if you would like to look through it: Arabic Terms used for Dark Complexions

TDWT
11-26-2016, 02:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by *charisma*
I'm not sure honestly because the word "white" generally in arabic, is not used like it is in English to describe complexion. In arabic it can mean several things, even describing dark complexioned people. It can mean like "pure" or "good" etc. The point of the yellow being put there is to stray away from the idea that degree of whiteness means albinism. I found a pretty cool article if you would like to look through it: Arabic Terms used for Dark Complexions
1. Hawraa means very white skin, right? so I don' think it means dark skinned

2.What was the prophets complexion? was it white mixed with yellow?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.