/* */

PDA

View Full Version : first time going to the mosque What do i need to do to prepare?

Olivia J
11-27-2016, 02:42 AM
Hello, I am headed to a mosque next week and im pretty scared since it will be my first time going. My main question is what d i wear? what do I do? I will have a friend with me to show me what to do but can i get some advice on what i can expect?
Thanks

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
*charisma*
11-27-2016, 03:26 AM
Assalamu Alaikum (try to implement this greeting more often since this is the greeting of Muslims to one another)

The mosque is compromised of two sections, one for women and one for men. Sometimes they are each on different floors or even in separate rooms. And if they are in the same room, the women are praying behind the men.

You should dress modestly, covering your head and body (hijab and abayah). If you do not have a abaya yet, then try to wear a long skirt and a long sleeved, long shirt. Otherwise wear loose-fitted clothing which cover your body in the same manner.

If you plan on praying there, then you will need to perform wudhu (ablution). You can do that before you go to the mosque but you must maintain it til you finish prayers (ie, no passing gas, or using the restroom), or at the mosque before prayers. Then after that you will offer your prayers with the women. Prayers are done in rows so you will follow what everyone else is doing :) I'm sure your friend will show you when you arrive.

Olivia J
11-27-2016, 03:35 AM
Thank you sister, and i'll try to start using the greeting more often

drac16
11-27-2016, 05:02 AM
Wear something that's modest. It's a conservative environment, so don't wear a top that shows off cleavage or a pair of pants that are tight.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Olivia J
11-27-2016, 05:15 AM
thank you for the advice

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.