/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Abstain from opulence

azc
12-09-2016, 05:05 PM
Rasulullah (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) told Sayyiduna Mu’adh ibn Jabal (radiyallahu ‘anhu) when sending him to Yemen, “Abstain from opulence, for certainly the servants of Allah are not from among the opulent” (Musnad Ahmad, vol. 5 pg. 243 and Shu’abul Iman, Hadith: 5766)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
azc
12-09-2016, 06:12 PM
Rasulullah (Sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) said: “By Allah, I do not fear poverty for you, but I fear that the world would be abundant for you as it has been for those before you, so you compete for it as they have competed for it, and it destroys you as it has destroyed them.” (Bukhari, Hadith: 3158 and Muslim, Hadith: 7350)

M.I.A.
12-09-2016, 06:17 PM
beware the one who threatens you with poverty and becons you towards unseemly conduct, he is the evil one.

...even more loosely paraphrased..

spend freely, do not let your hands bring your own distruction.

as long as your spending does not detract from other peoples lives it aint bad..

as long as your building is not on the foundations of tumult and opression it aint bad.

..imo.

they gave me children and they were perfect. i wish i could fight the world for them.

beware those that would build you imperfections while they build themselves.

hmm.. maybe he didnt fear poverty for you.

as always, spend in the path of allah swt.

ironically i have people that turn up and tell me my shops empty for them..

they only want the things i dont have.

cant tell who the companion is? guidance or misguidance..

but when his money costs my respect i have suspicions.

azc
12-09-2016, 06:38 PM
Yes, what the money Allah swt gives us we should spend some part of it on our relatives, poor people as well, In sha Allah we see barakah in it. It's my own experience

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
M.I.A.
12-09-2016, 07:17 PM
its a good experience to have :thumbs_up:thumbs_up

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.