/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Assalamu alaikum mother wants help with learning the Quran?

ummu
12-13-2016, 09:05 PM
Assalaamu alaikum everyone I was wondering whether anyone knows of a teacher who does Quran and Arabic tuition at a reasonable price in the Birmingham.I have a 7 month old so I am quite limited when it comes to travelling. I have asked about and I tend to receive the average charge of 10 pound an hour which I honestly can't afford. I really want to be able to learn as I foolishly neglected chances when I was young.Any advice would be much appreciated.jazak Allah khayr

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ruglifeTX
12-17-2016, 01:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fmbenga91
Assalaamu alaikum everyone I was wondering whether anyone knows of a teacher who does Quran and Arabic tuition at a reasonable price in the Birmingham.I have a 7 month old so I am quite limited when it comes to travelling. I have asked about and I tend to receive the average charge of 10 pound an hour which I honestly can't afford. I really want to be able to learn as I foolishly neglected chances when I was young.Any advice would be much appreciated.jazak Allah khayr
I know you said travel is limited but is there not anyone at the masjid that can help you? I know there are some apps that help as well that are free.

BeTheChange
12-17-2016, 08:46 PM
Walaikumasalaam dear sister,

Unfortunately, you do not live near me otherwise I would have got you in touch with my Islamic teachers and they would have offered you reduced fees.

Birmingham has a HUGE Muslim population Alhamdulilah – please ring every masjid near your area and I am sure you will be introduced to a sister who fits your needs.

In the meantime please visit http://kalamullah.com/quran.html to listen to audio Quran recitations.

Also there is an Academy online strictly for sisters. They offer many different courses for FREE. I am sure if you enrol on one of these courses and introduce yourself to an Islamic teacher she will be able to suggest or help you in some way. Please visit http://www.zaynabacademyonline.org/

Wish you all the best. Don't give up - keep trying & asking. The results & changes you see in your life & heart are worth it.

ruglifeTX
12-18-2016, 02:57 AM
Look for a transliteration of the Quran. This is just juz Amma. But is the easiest to memorize. You can find these for around 4.99 US dollars on Amazon. Sometimes it's listed as chapter 30.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ummu
12-21-2016, 11:46 AM
Jazakallah thank you for your reply. I haven't visited any of mosques around me yet, I don't think they would have anyone who would be able to visit my home and offer reduced fees. I thought of the app option but I would really want someone to hear my pronounciation and check if it's ok.
But I really appreciate the advice
Thank you

ruglifeTX
12-21-2016, 01:02 PM
Jazakallah thank you for your reply. I haven't visited any of mosques around me yet, I don't think they would have anyone who would be able to visit my home and offer reduced fees. I thought of the app option but I would really want someone to hear my pronounciation and check if it's ok.
But I really appreciate the advice
Thank you
Muslim pro has the pronunciations and the transliteration so you can read how to say it correctly . But it's crazy they would charge. The sheik at my masjid teaches me for free. I usually do go to the mosque for lessons but we have done the lesson just about everywhere

talibilm
12-21-2016, 01:49 PM
:sl:

There is a talking pen that comes with the Noble Quran and it recites every word clearly when the pen is placed on the word of the Noble Quran, Inshallah this might help. and the price range was about 200-300 US $ i think before few years.

ruglifeTX
12-22-2016, 12:07 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by talibilm
:sl:

There is a talking pen that comes with the Noble Quran and it recites every word clearly when the pen is placed on the word of the Noble Quran, Inshallah this might help. and the price range was about 200-300 US $ i think before few years.
I have seen those. One of the local halaal stores sells them . I always wondered how well they work

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.