/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What's the best, most trustworthy, charity to donate money to syria or other places M

Zeal
12-21-2016, 09:37 PM
Assalamu alaykum,

I really want the charity to be trustworthy because I hear some charities are encouraging freemixing dancing music ma'azallah to help them recover

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
muslim brother
12-22-2016, 02:16 PM
throwing money into a war zone is sometimes not the wisest thing.
ive discussed this with actual people who run charities.
but now public pressure and popularity has taken over common sense and priorities

use the money locally,and be more concerned about local problems and solutions

Huzaifah ibn Adam
12-22-2016, 02:34 PM
Akhi, what "local problems" does the UK have that is 1% as severe as what is happening in Iraq and Shaam? Are the people in the UK being bombed, slaughtered on a mass-scale, their homes bombed, and they have to become refugees, looking for some place to live? If not, then how can Muslims be more concerned with UK's "local problems" rather than the problems those Muslims are facing?

The way I see it, it's like a person who has a pimple on his face, and at the same time, he's just been shot, but people are saying, "Don't worry about the bullet-wound. Be more concerned with the pimple. The pimple is local. It's on your face. It's in front of you."

The truth is that the Muslims should be concerned with the difficulties all Muslims are facing everywhere. They should not only worry and be concerned about the local problems, because the reality is that the problems in the other places are at the very least, a hundred times worse than the local problems in the UK.

anatolian
12-22-2016, 03:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zeal
music
Aleykum Salam

Some members posted some lişnks in the Recent Aleppo Updates thread.

By the way, I believe music can be a good option for the recovery..

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Zeal
12-22-2016, 03:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Huzaifah ibn Adam
Akhi, what "local problems" does the UK have that is 1% as severe as what is happening in Iraq and Shaam? Are the people in the UK being bombed, slaughtered on a mass-scale, their homes bombed, and they have to become refugees, looking for some place to live? If not, then how can Muslims be more concerned with UK's "local problems" rather than the problems those Muslims are facing?

The way I see it, it's like a person who has a pimple on his face, and at the same time, he's just been shot, but people are saying, "Don't worry about the bullet-wound. Be more concerned with the pimple. The pimple is local. It's on your face. It's in front of you."

The truth is that the Muslims should be concerned with the difficulties all Muslims are facing everywhere. They should not only worry and be concerned about the local problems, because the reality is that the problems in the other places are at the very least, a hundred times worse than the local problems in the UK.
Any suggestions brother?

Zeal
12-22-2016, 03:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anatolian
Aleykum Salam

Some members posted some lişnks in the Recent Aleppo Updates thread.

By the way, I believe music can be a good option for the recovery..
Not interested in haram methods...

anatolian
12-22-2016, 03:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zeal
Not interested in haram methods...
I just quoted the music part for my second comment. The links are not about music. :)

Zeal
12-22-2016, 03:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anatolian
I just quoted the music part for my second comment. The links are not about music. :)
Oh ok jazakallahu khairan then

BeTheChange
12-22-2016, 05:57 PM
Asalamualykum,

I'll pm you a brother's details who is collecting for the people in Haleb - Syria.

He will be more than happy to whatsapp you videos of a brother who is currently in Syria helping the people.

May we be united Ameen.

noraina
12-22-2016, 08:19 PM
Wa alaykum assalam,

The people of Syria really do need our help in terms money, services, ect. And this is a long-term commitment we should all be working together to aim for inshaAllah, as Syria needs not only to pull through this war but afterwards rebuilding the country is what really counts. Its infrastructure has utterly collapsed so it needs everything rebuilt, hospitals, schools, ect.

Try looking within your local community as well as the larger organisations. Usually someone you know well or can trust is collecting money for or supporting a charity to this effect, there may be a better chance of you knowing this way it is being collecting in a halal way and actually being used towards the purpose of your donating, inshaAllah.

Snel
12-22-2016, 09:22 PM
I agree with Huzaifah ibn Adam that the problems in muslim lands are far worse than what in the west (UK, US etc.), and that they are in DIRE need for help, and that we are one body.

However, you also have to take into consideration that you do not really know where the money is going when donating these days. Let's take the example of YouTube videos from channels like "Digital Mimbar". Almost every (if not every) video that's about the war in Syria has a donation link attached to it. You don't know how to verify these recipients of money, and I doubt they'd disclose their method of distributing the money if you'd ask them. This is a big problem, because liars and hypocrites are in large numbers, and how many times have we been betrayed by so called muslims already? I think it should be bad enough now for the most kindhearted/innocent of us to realize that there is a problem. It's time for us to act accordingly and be cautious. I'm glad Zeal (OP) asked the question and didn't just put his money in some phantom's pocket. I'd also love to know if there is a reliable charity organization.

I don't know how much sawab you get from shutting your eyes and throwing away your money in any direction in hope for it to actually benefit a muslim. Is this really the right way to do good?

Huzaifah ibn Adam
12-22-2016, 09:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Snel
I agree with Huzaifah ibn Adam that the problems in muslim lands are far worse than what in the west (UK, US etc.), and that they are in DIRE need for help, and that we are one body.

However, you also have to take into consideration that you do not really know where the money is going when donating these days. Let's take the example of YouTube videos from channels like "Digital Mimbar". Almost every (if not every) video that's about the war in Syria has a donation link attached to it. You don't know how to verify these recipients of money, and I doubt they'd disclose their method of distributing the money if you'd ask them. This is a big problem, because liars and hypocrites are in large numbers, and how many times have we been betrayed by so called muslims already? I think it should be bad enough now for the most kindhearted/innocent of us to realize that there is a problem. It's time for us to act accordingly and be cautious. I'm glad Zeal (OP) asked the question and didn't just put his money in some phantom's pocket. I'd also love to know if there is a reliable charity organization.

I don't know how much sawab you get from shutting your eyes and throwing away your money in any direction in hope for it to actually benefit a muslim. Is this really the right way to do good?
That's true. We should make an effort In Shaa Allaah to see that the money is going to the right people, the right places. It is, as we say in Arabic, "`alaa Qadril Istitaa`ah" (according to the best of your ability). You try your best, and put your Tawakkul in Allaah Ta`aalaa. If, even after trying your best to verify that the money is going to the correct source, you find out that the money didn't actually go there, you will still be rewarded, In Shaa Allaah, if your Niyyah was correct. Just make sure that the money isn't actually going through to Bashar al-Kalb or the Syrian government.

There is a Hadeeth about a man who intended to give Sadaqah but mistakenly ended up giving to a thief, a prostitute and a rich man. He still got his reward. I will post it when I get the chance, In Shaa Allaah.

Serinity
12-22-2016, 09:49 PM
:salam:

Yeah. It is of utmost importance that we know where money goes.

Cause it'd be a disaster if we accidentally gave money to Assad. Audhu billah.

I'd like donate some money too, but I need to know a reliable one. PS. I want to be anonymous. Remember: Allah loves the ones who struggle in His Cause, be it through his wealth or health.

Whoever strives in the cause of Allah, there will be no such thing as 'wasted energy'.

Allahu alam.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.