/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Posting on old threads

aaj
12-21-2016, 09:44 PM
:salam:

I noticed recently some members posting in advice section to threads that are not weeks or months but years old. Can we please check the post date before posting and offering advice? It's more than likely the OP is no longer in need of the advice any longer and it just looks a bit silly.

Just a thought....:hiding:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
sister herb
12-21-2016, 09:57 PM
Good advice. But also sometimes not only OP is in need of advice but the matter may interest also others and be helpful for them.

ruglifeTX
12-22-2016, 12:06 AM
In probably to blame for that as well. I tend to chime in on things even if older mostly because some of us newer folks might still find it useful

greenhill
12-22-2016, 09:07 AM
It may no longer be relevant for the OP… agreed..also agreed that it may be of help to others…

:peace:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
noraina
12-22-2016, 01:38 PM
I'm guilty of resurrecting ancient threads sometimes. But I've benefited myself on here from advice threads that are ten years old, it might be the same for others as well.

muslim brother
12-22-2016, 01:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aaj
:salam:

I noticed recently some members posting in advice section to threads that are not weeks or months but years old. Can we please check the post date before posting and offering advice? It's more than likely the OP is no longer in need of the advice any longer and it just looks a bit silly.

Just a thought....:hiding:

the age of the thread is irrelevant

thousands of years ago humans still had the same problems

helping someone is a very great form of worship

aaj
12-22-2016, 06:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AHMED PATEL
the age of the thread is irrelevant

thousands of years ago humans still had the same problems

helping someone is a very great form of worship
It is relevant as is the context.

There are those who have same or similar problem and have posted in those old threads and that started a new chain of posts, which is perfectly alright.

But then there are posts that the issue is only relevant to the OP given the context of their situation, so it's pointless telling them what they should do 5 years later. It just looks silly.

sister herb
12-22-2016, 09:27 PM
Well, we can only hope that members can separate which threads and issues are relevant to continue and which aren´t. One may think some matter is still valuable and some may then think it isn´t...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.