PDA

View Full Version : Is OCD the root...?



Mustafa16
12-24-2016, 07:20 PM
is it? if you have knowledge of clinical psychology please weigh in....jazakallaha khair in advance :) anyway, i always feel a compulsive need to have a crush on someone at literally any given time, and that includes hours.....i can be very pushy with both girls and boys, and if i do not have someone to focus on at any given moment, i panic, sink into depression, or resort to thinking things like, "well, maybe when that little girl gets older i can crush on her..." it has totally destroyed my life, and no matter how hard i try, i can't stop sinking into bed, cuddling with my pillow, and pretending it is some girl....is this OCD?
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ernest
12-24-2016, 07:40 PM
Are you used to being around people? To be honest, I am not...that's why I like to get testosterone flowing in gym and then I become less
obsessive.

You can channel your OCD into something useful, by keeping busy. You like reading history, so continue to do that.
If you can be calm around people, they will be attracted to you as friends.
Reply

Kiro
12-24-2016, 07:53 PM
Maybe you need to distract yourself in something that benefits you like what Ernest said, working out. Or playing video games.

Do you have a high libido? Are you maybe you have a high level of romantic attraction
Reply

Mustafa16
12-24-2016, 07:58 PM
Originally Posted by Kiro
Maybe you need to distract yourself in something that benefits you like what Ernest said, working out. Or playing video games.

Do you have a high libido? Are you maybe you have a high level of romantic attraction
turns out....my condition has a name...it's called, surprise, surprise....love addiction... :)
https://www.thefix.com/content/five-...love-addiction
https://www.recoveryranch.com/articl...ove-addiction/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Love_addiction

also, it is more romantic addiction than high libido
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
Kiro
12-24-2016, 08:03 PM
Originally Posted by Mustafa16
turns out....my condition has a name...it's called, surprise, surprise....love addiction... :)
https://www.thefix.com/content/five-...love-addiction
https://www.recoveryranch.com/articl...ove-addiction/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Love_addiction

also, it is more romantic addiction than high libido
try busying yourself in the worship of Allah

also make sure to do tahajud duas for help
Reply

Ernest
12-24-2016, 08:10 PM
Originally Posted by Mustafa16
turns out....my condition has a name...it's called, surprise, surprise....love addiction... :)


also, it is more romantic addiction than high libido
I can't believe you said that. You're proud of your problem?
Reply

Mustafa16
12-24-2016, 08:14 PM
Originally Posted by Ernest
I can't believe you said that. You're proud of your problem?
im not proud of my problem, im relieved i found out it has a name, and i find it amusing that it is called something so direct....
Reply

sister herb
12-24-2016, 08:38 PM
Is there any cure for this addiction?
Reply

Mustafa16
12-24-2016, 08:41 PM
Originally Posted by sister herb
Is there any cure for this addiction?
therapy, perhaps? and getting to the root of why you have it in the first place....according to the links, it often stems from a childhood trauma, namely rejection or abandonment....it also says it could stem from physical or sexual abuse as a child, but i never had such a problem Alhamdulillah EDIT: I believe my case stems from my moving away from Miami, Florida at a young age when I had autism, into a small town, then my parents getting divorced, then me moving again, then my sister running away from home, and then my good friend moving away....
Reply

najimuddin
12-24-2016, 09:44 PM
Originally Posted by Mustafa16
is it? if you have knowledge of clinical psychology please weigh in....jazakallaha khair in advance :) anyway, i always feel a compulsive need to have a crush on someone at literally any given time, and that includes hours.....i can be very pushy with both girls and boys, and if i do not have someone to focus on at any given moment, i panic, sink into depression, or resort to thinking things like, "well, maybe when that little girl gets older i can crush on her..." it has totally destroyed my life, and no matter how hard i try, i can't stop sinking into bed, cuddling with my pillow, and pretending it is some girl....is this OCD?
Mustafa,

You do have a problem. However, there’s nothing wrong with you.

You’re a man. It’s only natural that you feel the need for female companionship.

Unfortunately, the Muslim Ummah, in its deplorable and degenerative state, has mostly closed the doors to halal relationships. The result of this is that the doors of haram have been swung wide open – contributing to the sad state that you find yourself in.

Our present societal setup and mentality makes it virtually impossible for a baligh male and female, of your age, to satisfy their natural sexual desires in a halal way – wrongfully turning this issue into something taboo.

I wish I had a quick fix for you. I don’t. I’m sorry.

Please control yourself and don’t do anything that’ll get you in trouble.
Reply

Scimitar
12-25-2016, 10:24 PM
Run - til you can't run no more... use that energy up so you are wasted and just want to collapse and pass out.

Eat less meat. Especially red meat.

Scimi
Reply

ardianto
12-26-2016, 04:41 AM
Assalamualaikum, Mustafa.

When I was teen sometime I interested to a girl who I met. But this feeling was always not long, and gone in few days. I never fell into dream about her. Maybe it's because I was active in my hobby, so my mind was full of the things that relate to my hobby.

My question, don't you have interest to other things?. Maybe aeromodelling, maybe bicycling, maybe other activities?.
Reply

Inshallahds
12-29-2016, 04:16 PM
You need to distract yourself with something as other users have said. Take up a hobby like reading.
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-15-2015, 05:15 AM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-20-2013, 04:10 AM
  3. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-19-2008, 08:51 PM
  4. Replies: 31
    Last Post: 05-20-2007, 04:22 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-12-2007, 01:19 AM

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!