/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I just finished this. The paint is still wet.

GodIsAll
12-25-2016, 05:21 AM
attachmentphp?attachmentid5916&ampstc1 -
My interpretation of a Blackfoot Indian warhorse from NW Montana.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
greenhill
12-25-2016, 05:43 AM
Been a while since I last saw your post!

Hope it has not taken that long to get this painted! Ha ha ha.

Welcome back.

:peace:

GodIsAll
12-25-2016, 08:19 AM
Ah, I pop in sporadically.
Good to see you, GH. You're always a positive contact here on IB.
May Our Creator bless you and your family.

sister herb
12-25-2016, 09:24 AM
Nice one.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
anatolian
12-25-2016, 11:33 AM
Native Americans had one of best cultures of this planet. Thanks for remembering them. Are you an American Native youself? What importaance does that illustration have in that culture?

Al Sultan
12-25-2016, 02:17 PM
So colorful... yet so beautiful..

GodIsAll
12-25-2016, 02:53 PM
I agree. Noble culture.
I spend a month every year with the Blackfeet.

noraina
12-25-2016, 03:00 PM
I quite like this one, it definitely reflects the Native American culture, in the firm brushstrokes and bright colours. :)

Is it acrylics or oils?

Search
12-25-2016, 03:01 PM
:bism: (In the Name of God, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful)

Hello. Thank you for sharing - I enjoyed the painting. :) I find it interesting that you said you spend one month every year with the Blackfeet - what inspires you to do so and when did you start doing so? Sorry, as a fellow American, I just wondered and am curious.

Best Wishes,

ardianto
12-25-2016, 03:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by GodIsAll
I agree. Noble culture.
I spend a month every year with the Blackfeet.
I would be glad if I could meet native American people in their village. :)

I grew up with Western novels and comics, including novels and comics about native American people. It made me feel want to acquainted with them and learn about their culture.

GodIsAll
12-25-2016, 06:22 PM
I originally started going to NW Montana for the scenery, backpacking, fishing and wildlife. Camped on Blackfoot Territory and got to know many Native Americans there over the years. Wonderful and fascinating humans.

The style of the painting is not mine. It comes from a Montana artist whose paintings I found so stunning. Expensive stuff this teacher can't afford, so I thought I'd try to replicate one for my home.
Not as good, but more gratifying and WHOLE lot less expensive!

GodIsAll
12-25-2016, 06:42 PM
Thank you kindly.
This one is in acrylic. I tried to do one of these in oils. Never again! :)

Search
12-25-2016, 06:59 PM

I originally started going to NW Montana for the scenery, backpacking, fishing and wildlife. Camped on Blackfoot Territory and got to know many Native Americans there over the years. Wonderful and fascinating humans.

The style of the painting is not mine. It comes from a Montana artist whose paintings I found so stunning. Expensive stuff this teacher can't afford, so I thought I'd try to replicate one for my home.
Not as good, but more gratifying and WHOLE lot less expensive!
I find the Native American culture fascinating as well. Have you read the book Ride the Wind by Lucia St. Clair Robinson? If you haven't done so, I would highly recommend that you do so at the earliest opportunity. It is a wonderful book that I first read for one of my Advanced Placement Classes when I was in high school, but I completely fell in love with the book and the characters and by extension the Native American culture once I was done.

You sound like an outdoorsy person; and that's wonderful because I love the outdoors too.

:)

Best Wishes,

noraina
12-25-2016, 07:00 PM
Thank you kindly.
This one is in acrylic. I tried to do one of these in oils. Never again! :)
I really like the strong brushstrokes in it - I admit I'm still a little scared of doing that, but I find my paintings at the moment are a bit too blended and softened-out for me. I'm trying to loosen up my style.

And yes some like it but I always find oil paints are a bit of a nightmare. Acrylics all the way for me!

GodIsAll
12-25-2016, 07:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Search

I find the Native American culture fascinating as well. Have you read the book Ride the Wind by Lucia St. Clair Robinson? If you haven't done so, I would highly recommend that you do so at the earliest opportunity. It is a wonderful book that I first read for one of my Advanced Placement Classes when I was in high school, but I completely fell in love with the book and the characters and by extension the Native American culture once I was done.

You sound like an outdoorsy person; and that's wonderful because I love the outdoors too.

:)

Best Wishes,
Thank you for the reading recommendation. I will check it out.

GodIsAll
12-25-2016, 07:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by noraina
I really like the strong brushstrokes in it - I admit I'm still a little scared of doing that, but I find my paintings at the moment are a bit too blended and softened-out for me. I'm trying to loosen up my style.

And yes some like it but I always find oil paints are a bit of a nightmare. Acrylics all the way for me!
I totally understand what you're saying. Oils, to me, are tedious, the viscosity is hard to work with and they take an eon to dry!
You have stated exactly why I've failed several times trying to do one of these paintings. On this one, I kept repeating to myself: "Be bold, don't be afraid of the color, be bold, don't be afraid of the color...."

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.