/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How to answer a person who believes he lives in a matrix.

Rayyan Masood
12-28-2016, 01:45 PM
Salam brothers and sisters.

A person started an argument with me on the topic, "That we live in a Matrix". Now I answered him... But I am not the type who types alot or thinks alot so that's why I came here to get the appropriate answer with reference to God and Islam. Thank you.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Scimitar
12-28-2016, 03:44 PM
Wassalaam

format_quote Originally Posted by Rayyan Masood
Salam brothers and sisters.

A person started an argument with me on the topic, "That we live in a Matrix". Now I answered him... But I am not the type who types alot or thinks alot so that's why I came here to get the appropriate answer with reference to God and Islam. Thank you.
"The Matrix" can mean several things. What is he referring to exactly? He may be right, may also be wrong. Depends on his definition of the term "The Matrix"

Scimi

Scimitar
12-28-2016, 03:48 PM
Rayyan Masood, you may find this lecture interesting:

Scimi

Rayyan Masood
12-28-2016, 09:06 PM
Cool bro.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Al Sultan
12-29-2016, 12:36 AM
Oh god no not this "Matrix" theory again...

Jk123
12-29-2016, 03:49 PM
What does he mean exactly by 'matrix'?

whosebob
01-11-2017, 08:08 PM
I have schizophrenia. I think I am out of the matrix. Whole world's asleep And I am awake. It sucks. I rather be normal.

Nur80
01-15-2017, 11:39 AM
Hilarious thread ;D

ardianto
01-15-2017, 12:33 PM
What do they mean with live in matrix?. Does it mean they believe they actually are living in dream while their bodies are sleeping and used by machines as energy source?.

fschmidt
01-16-2017, 03:17 AM
Hit him. If he complains, tell him that it didn't really happen, it was only an illusion in the matrix.

YahyaAE
01-16-2017, 10:43 AM
This living in The Matrix theory has been around since the 1960s, which theorises that we are all in a computer simulation. They believe that we could all (or some of us) have our minds hooked up to some kind of computer program, or that we could actually be programs ourselves and just don't know it, but either way, everything else, like our entire planet and universe and all of our everyday lives are just a holographic copy of reality. Not real reality.

Since the Matrix movies came out at the beginning of the 2000s there has been growing chatter online that this theory could be real, and some blame aliens, or say our existence is just a computer simulation being generated from the distant future on some extremely powerful server.

I think as Muslims such ideas shouldn't concern us. All we should concern ourselves with is worshipping Allah, regardless if this world is real or not, as He surpasses all realities, and this is something central to our faith. If we start thinking nihilistically that none of this is real so we could do what we want, we will still have to answer to Allah as we are self aware and therefore accountable for our actions.

As you can see... i have already given this a lot of thought lol.:D

M.I.A.
01-16-2017, 02:40 PM
heres the point..

we are in the matrix.

you believe that everything that you do and is done.. is by the decree of allah swt.

you believe as a tenet of faith that destiny exists and is also only due to allah swt.

you believe as the quran says that this worldly life is a test by allah swt through which we are elevated and lowered in the hereafter..

which of us is better in conduct.

so if someone says, we are in a construct.. then we surely are..

but anything above that is just a story.. a perspective.. an agenda..

it is by no means representative of the world or the "matrix"

and heres the kicker..

what does "the matrix" inspire in people?

which morality and thought and action..way of life.. is promoted?

we are in the matix and the belief system imposed upon us has taken it into account..

i wouldnt really persue it any further, that sort of imposed understanding is very corrupting.

...its like current speculative theory that we live in a computer simulation..

but even then nobody points to its creator and says that god exists..

its just a computer simulation.

its all been done before.

..edit.. ironically a biological computer or machine would be something mankind's scientific and technological community only ever aspires towards.

still chasing cars.. although im sure its a metaphore im missing.

anatolian
01-17-2017, 10:55 AM
We accept that we are living in a matrix in Islam. This is emphesized in especially Tasawwuf. The real world is the spiritual world that we cannot see and hear. Our spirits are installed in this physical body in which we are able to see only this material world. Sufis believe that some special people "the friends of Allah" can see and hear this spiritual world

I believe the scenario of the Movie Matrix was influenced by the religion

whosebob
01-17-2017, 11:42 AM
There is an ayat in the Quran about the spiritual realm. It sais that all mankind declared that Allah is one before we were born in this world Alhamdullilah. I think this was a place of testing as well. That's why we are born believers while others are not. That is what I believe.

anatolian
01-17-2017, 11:53 AM
When the Prophet ascended to Miraj he got out of the "matrix" :)

M.I.A.
01-17-2017, 02:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anatolian
When the Prophet ascended to Miraj he got out of the "matrix" :)
..on a winged horse no less.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.