/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Knowlage

Zoomi2007
01-02-2017, 02:35 PM
Knowledge is something we do all the time. The other day I was asked " What is Ilm?" Well know I can answer that, Ilm is another word of thinking staying wise all the time and I have advice for all of you:
YOU DONT NEED TO KNOW,
YOU NEED TO THINK
Thank you,
Massalama,
زمي [emoji4]

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Umm Abed
01-02-2017, 04:01 PM
I would say deeni knowledge is something on its own, unlike worldly knowledge.... :)

Scimitar
01-02-2017, 04:05 PM
knowlage :D

Scimi

Zoomi2007
01-05-2017, 10:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm Abed
I would say deeni knowledge is something on its own, unlike worldly knowledge.... :)
Yes it is

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Zoomi2007
01-05-2017, 10:47 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar

Scimi
:) [emoji4][emoji4][emoji4][emoji4]

Zoomi2007
01-05-2017, 10:52 AM
Yes ok

azc
01-05-2017, 02:09 PM
Of religious knowledge: Imam Awza'i ra said,'' Al ilmu bi al naql''. Sh Hanif Luharvi HA has interpreted it in this way: ''Ilm of Quran and Hadith is replete with Noor which is transmitted from bosom to bosom and if the person who imparts you the ilm is pious, So the Noor of his pity will also be transmitted with his words (verbal/written) to your heart''

Umm Abed
01-08-2017, 07:16 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by azc
Of religious knowledge: Imam Awza'i ra said,'' Al ilmu bi al naql''. Sh Hanif Luharvi HA has interpreted it in this way: ''Ilm of Quran and Hadith is replete with Noor which is transmitted from bosom to bosom and if the person who imparts you the ilm is pious, So the Noor of his pity will also be transmitted with his words (verbal/written) to your heart''
That is so true, that is why you cant become a scholar by just reading books, it has to come directly from a teacher because much more is imparted.

greenhill
01-08-2017, 08:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar

Scimi
the collage of knowing… knowlage ...

I am not sure about the "you don't need to know" bit, because you do need to know before you you can think. But I think I get the gist of what is implied here (with the emphasis on "you need to think"). Yes knowledge is nothing if we do not know how to apply it, hence the 'thinking'.

The knowledge gained can be used as reference(s) to our own decision.

That is 'wisdom', I guess...

:peace:

azc
01-08-2017, 11:56 AM
That is so true, that is why you cant become a scholar by just reading books, it has to come directly from a teacher because much more is imparted.
and preferably pious and noble scholars should be chosen for taking knowledge

azc
01-08-2017, 12:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by greenhill
the collage of knowing… knowlage ...I am not sure about the "you don't need to know" bit, because you do need to know before you you can think. But I think I get the gist of what is implied here (with the emphasis on "you need to think"). Yes knowledge is nothing if we do not know how to apply it, hence the 'thinking'. The knowledge gained can be used as reference(s) to our own decision. That is 'wisdom', I guess...:peace:
agree but most important thing is that we should try to practice upon what knowledge is gained

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.