/* */

View Full Version : These two versions of how to recite Al Asr, are different...

crimsontide06
01-03-2017, 02:57 PM
This mainly has to do with the Arabic word "Asr". Th second video, the guy just says "wal as" I think, I really cannot hear it good.
In the first video the guy says "Asul". In a booklet I have it is spelled "Asri"

In the 2nd Aya, my booklet says "Khus-rin" but neither video says "rin"

Also, is the stretching out or sounds, required? Which is done in the 1st video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-z3Ngri12v8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZPs9YE1t6Y

I am sure there are differences between the two in other surahs, how am I supposed to know which is correct?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Huzaifah ibn Adam
01-03-2017, 04:15 PM
The audio in the first video is not too good, which is why you thought he is saying "Asul". Actually, he is saying "`Asr", as is Mishaari al-Afaasi in the second video you posted. Both are saying "Wal `Asr".

Listen to this recitation by Su`ood ash-Shuraim:

http://download.quranicaudio.com/qur...huraym/103.mp3

AabiruSabeel
01-03-2017, 06:21 PM
:sl:

format_quote Originally Posted by crimsontide06
the guy just says "wal as" I think, I really cannot hear it good.
In the first video the guy says "Asul".
As brother Huzaifah said above, both of them are reciting "Wal 'Asr" but in the first video, the sound of 'r' at the end is not audible properly. The second one is more clear.

In a booklet I have it is spelled "Asri"

In the 2nd Aya, my booklet says "Khus-rin" but neither video says "rin"
When the Ayah is written, it is written with all the vowel signs. That is because sometimes you can join one ayah with the next one while reciting and the last vowel helps you in joining it.

For example,
When a person stops at "Wal 'Asr", he simply recites it like it is recited in the video above.
But when he wants to join the first two verses, he will have to recite it like this: "Wal 'Asri Innal insaana lafi khusr", that is without breaking his breath while reciting. Like the audio here:

Similarly, if he wants to join the second and third Ayah then he won't stop at "lafi khusr", he will continue and join with the next by reciting "... lafi khus-rin illal-lazeena aamanoo ..." until the end of the ayah.

Also, is the stretching out or sounds, required? Which is done in the 1st video.
Stretching the sound is part of Tajweed. It is highly recommended, but if you are a beginner, then you can start with the correct pronunciation first and then study the tajweed details.

crimsontide06
01-03-2017, 06:38 PM
Thank you both!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.