/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How bad is zina, and why?

Mustafa16
01-14-2017, 02:15 AM
I have heard Muslims promote gender segregation and a prohibition on dating, being alone with namahrams, and touching before marriage, even saying hi to someone of the opposite sex or adding them on facebook or other social media, because it leads to zina....but I fail to grasp the severity of it, or even the connection between the two....I know zina is one of the worst sins you can commit, but why? what is the rationale for it being VERY bad? and ive known many religious Christians who have dated and touched before marriage and possibly even been alone before marriage (adults) who have likely never committed zina, and who seem surprised when I tell them what we believe in Islam, saying a truly pious person can control themselves.....could someone please explain?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
*charisma*
01-14-2017, 02:32 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

You have to realize that we are not Christians. We are Muslims. The severity of the sin is based on Allah's punishment for it, and that should be enough to deter us from partaking in it.

Secondly, there are levels of zina.

The zina of the eyes for example is looking at that which should not be looked at.
The zina of the hands is touching that which should not be touched.
etc.
And the biggest and worst form of zina is committing the act of intercourse with someone you are not married to.

Why it's so bad in another sense would take so long to explain, but to sum it up, when you take someone's virginity away out of wedlock, you are stealing something that does not belong to you, and it's something you can never ever give back.

And when you commit zina with someone who is married, you have ruined their worldly life and their family's.

And when you commit the zina, you have ruined your own afterlife and broken a trait in your character that is quite difficult to redeem.

I don't know about how guys feel, and I can only imagine that it's difficult for them to control their desires, but it's not impossible and it's one of the most rewarding things in the end to give yourself to someone who is worth the wait and have the same feeling of value in return under the circumstances Allah intends for you.

greenhill
01-14-2017, 04:11 AM
I believe that people are people regardless where they come from or what they believe in. What manifests itself in the way people behave is a make up of their own beliefs and desires. A cheating person will cheat, regardless of belief etc.

The point is islamic laws are to put a society in a way that would help alleviate situations that could very easily lead them to err due to lax laws. While it is very commendable that some people would not need strict laws to do what is right, there are more people that would take advantage of the opportunity to do wrong if there was not law against it.

:peace:

azc
01-14-2017, 06:22 AM
It's strictly prohibited in Quran. It is enough instead of resorting any external logic

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Nur80
01-15-2017, 11:38 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by azc
It's strictly prohibited in Quran. It is enough instead of resorting any external logic
Completely agree. Keep any doubts/logic debates within yourself. Listen to authentic lectures/read books from reliable sources, you will soon realise why it is such a big sin.

Ummshareef
01-22-2017, 03:55 PM
:sl:

Zina in all its forms is amongst the worst of sins because Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'alaa has told us so. It is as simple as that really. The fact that Allah has prescribed punishment for those who commit zina confirms just how serious it is. It was the practice of our beloved Prophet Muhammad sallallahu alaihi wasallam to always carry out these punishments without hesitation and without pity, as long as the required standard of evidence was presented. Allah has even specified that they are always given in public to encourage people to learn from the mistakes of others and to deter people from ever coming near this sin.

Things like freemixing, dating, chit-chatting, staring at the opposite gender, etc all have the potential to lead to zina by stirring the desires, which is why they are all ruled as forbidden in Islam. As Muslims, we understand and accept that sexual activity is ONLY permitted within the bounds of marriage and appreciate that this rule is a gift from Allah to drive us towards marriage, having children and growing the ummah. Relieving the desires outside marriage in any way, even alone in private, is therefore forbidden in Islam. Huge rewards are available to those that are able to stay within Allah's limits, which is why learning self-control is so important for all young Muslims. Allah has even given the blessing of fasting to help with this and also a dress code to provide protection and encourage modest behaviour.

Whether between the unmarried or married, the harmful effects of zina are well known to include corrupting society, destroyng families, spreading disease, even greater poverty, more crime and lower birth rates.

Islam is no different from most of the world's other great religions in forbidding sexual activity outside marriage.

Born_Believer
01-22-2017, 04:37 PM
Every society on earth deems cheating on a spouse as bad, one of the worst things there is in fact. So, what is your question again? Is it simply based on why no sex before marriage?

Mustafa16
01-22-2017, 04:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Born_Believer
Every society on earth deems cheating on a spouse as bad, one of the worst things there is in fact. So, what is your question again? Is it simply based on why no sex before marriage?
yes, my question is based on why no sex before marriage...

Born_Believer
01-22-2017, 04:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mustafa16
I see you are a Muslim and as a Muslim it should be enough to know that it what Allah has commanded and what the Prophet PBUH taught us.

However, just to indulge the question, there are many reasons why sex before marriage is not only bad, it destroys society: disease, degradation of family, illegitimate children growing up without mothers and/or fathers (more common) and sexual assault are all a result of common extra-marital sexual relations in the western world. Ultimately, it degrades the spiritual and romantic elements of how important sex is. Once that happens, we are nothing more than wild animals.

Elcocaloca
02-02-2017, 11:53 PM
Zina brings Fitna, Fitna brings Nar.
---
That's all that I've learned in my life about zina. You better merry and live a happy life instead of this.

Elcocaloca
02-03-2017, 12:02 AM
Well,I recommend you to merry because as much as you make zina you will loose your sexual energy on different woman that will make it harder to find a wife. Plus it will make a habit, so by the time you will avoid marriage, then you might get in some dark relationship that can affect your state of mind and once again will make it harder to find a normal woman in future. Also after time you might find that all woman look alike in your eyes. So why you need zina if you can merry what is the problem there? It is better for you. Marriage is a productive thing unlike zina which is destructive.

keiv
02-03-2017, 01:17 AM
Are you in favor of sex before marriage? If so, why?

The severity shouldn't even matter. Common sense should kick in when you think about it. What benefit is there for sleeping around with other people? As a male, would you be ok with your mom, sister or daughter sleeping, dating, or flirting with guys?

I also fail to see the connection between the religious Christians you speak of who perform these acts and Islam. There are priests who rape little boys. Is that justified because they're "religious"?

talibilm
02-03-2017, 02:10 AM
I have heard Muslims promote gender segregation and a prohibition on dating, being alone with namahrams, and touching before marriage, even saying hi to someone of the opposite sex or adding them on facebook or other social media, because it leads to zina....but I fail to grasp the severity of it, or even the connection between the two....I know zina is one of the worst sins you can commit, but why? what is the rationale for it being VERY bad? and ive known many religious Christians who have dated and touched before marriage and possibly even been alone before marriage (adults) who have likely never committed zina, and who seem surprised when I tell them what we believe in Islam, saying a truly pious person can control themselves.....could someone please explain?
:sl:

If Allah says its wrong & worst its worst but we some hadith on it here

• HOW ZINA IS THE MOST HATEFUL

Imam Ahmad recorded Abu Umamah saying that a young man came to the Prophet and said,

"O Messenger of Allah! Give me permission to commit Zina (unlawful sex).'' The people surrounded him and rebuked him, saying, "Stop! Stop!'' But the Prophet said, “Come close”. The young man came to him, and he said, “Sit down” so he sat down. The Prophet said, “Would you like it (unlawful sex) for your mother?” He said, "No, by Allah, may I be ransomed for you.'' The Prophet said, “Neither do the people like it for their mothers.” The Prophet said, “Would you like it for your daughter?” He said, "No, by Allah, may I be ransomed for you.'' The Prophet said, “Neither do the people like it for their daughters.” The Prophet said, “Would you like it for your sister?” He said, "No, by Allah, may I be ransomed for you.'' The Prophet said, “Neither do the people like it for their sisters”. The Prophet said, “Would you like it for your paternal aunt?” He said, "No, by Allah, O Allah's Messenger! may I be ransomed for you.'' The Prophet said, “Neither do the people like it for their paternal aunts.” The Prophet said, “Would you like it for your maternal aunt?” He said, "No, by Allah, O Allah's Messenger! may I be ransomed for you.'' The Prophet said, “Neither do the people like it for their maternal aunts”. Then the Prophet put his hand on him and said, “O Allah, forgive his sin, purify his heart and guard his chastity.” After that the young man never paid attention to anything of that nature.

Source: Tafsir Ibn Kathir

There are other many consequences which are not good to one selves for himself, his family and society. for example avoiding zina of eyes will make the Man his wife is the most beautiful though she may not be so & creates more love . warmth and sensitivity between couples which is very necessary for a happy peaceful family which is the basic for a successful state

( I am happy with my old bike, Dude,
:D:D since its my best & i do not look at others bike or car policy)

its a deep subject which if one ponders could arrive at them.

Shamnadanu
02-03-2017, 02:33 AM
i never want to look at any of women because when i marry ....i eat together with wife in one plate...i can talk more...i can make my every second valuable and. peaceful by looking at my beloved soulmate irrespective of beauty or wealth....i will earn for her...i will be looking for a dheeny person...so that she know my ways are path of phophet Muhammed pbuh...so love or connection among us is greater than any romeo /juliet.....i must quote this...if we look at every women for fun...the women whom we marry cannot make us happy..its Never the problem of her..its our problem...i need a happy life ...money power etc...cannot bring happiness....Paulo coelho in his Alchemist make us understand that we search for happiness around us and irony is that happiness is within ourselves....we are the makers of our happiness....thus is why in Islam ....we cannot look at women...all women are beautiful...for someone's eyes....In my life...i fall in life and got deppressed of a rejection...i loved her cuz of her dheen......but its Allah's will that matters...now with wisdom i do understand there are women out there suffering...without any beauty without wealth...and with handicap struggling... inshaallah i wish to help them so to help myself to stand for dheen...so to paradise
"This world is like a prison for true believers and heaven for disbelievers". when i complete my studies i will inshaallah...please dua for me so i could study harder...and get high...so that i could do dawah more easily and help my parents achieve what they want from me...aameen

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.