/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Can you recite Quran if you don't know tajweed?

.alhamdulillah.
01-14-2017, 02:19 AM
Like I know all of the letters, can recite it smoothly and all, just don't know the tajweed well in terms of pronouncing which "kah" right, or when to use nasal sounds, or when to stretch a bit or pause, etc....

Can one even read Quran then? What about prayers as well when you recite fatiha so many times plus other surahs?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
azc
01-14-2017, 06:28 AM
Tajweed, preferably, is to be learnt and recite the Quran accordingly.

Born_Believer
01-14-2017, 11:56 AM
Of course you can as long asy ou are pronouncing the words correctly and know the various arabic punctuations and rules on how to read it. Tajweed covers all that but can also include how to specifically vocalise certain sounds in a beautified manner, i.e. how imams recite the Quran. A lot of people can't do that, they either have not learned or dont have the natural voice to do so. The most important thing is you know how to read arabic and follow all the linguistic rules.

noraina
01-14-2017, 03:32 PM
Assalamu alaykum,

As long as you know how to read Arabic, pronounce the sounds and understand the basic rules and aren't making any glaring mistakes in your recitation, of course you can read the Qur'an, even if your tajweed isn't perfect.

There is some leniency on non-Arabic speakers. I mean, we should always strive to perfect our recitation as far as we can, that's out duty. I'm learning tajweed at the moment, I find it really difficult subhanAllah - all of my sounds are right in that sense but my accent and pronunciation is far from perfect.

This is a nice answer and reassurance to those who struggle with tajweed: https://islamqa.info/en/5410

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
.alhamdulillah.
01-16-2017, 05:52 PM
Is stretching and such a neccesity too?

Like it's easier for me to do when I have the Quran in front of me, but when I am praying it is harder to remember the exact form of certain letters like, the different ka's and when you have to stretch and such. Like it's just mentally tough to envision each letter perfectly and when to stretch and everything and then on top of that think of the meaning in my head too...

So if I work on it but I cannot do it right away like the stretching and such is it still OK for me to recite Quran

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.