/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Making Hajj

Justin387
01-17-2017, 02:03 AM
Hello! I am a recent convert to Islam. (I have practiced for a while but I foolishly left). I have a question about making hajj. I am a transgender man. My physical sex is female, but my mind and heart are male. I believe Allah gave me this for a reason. Anyway, I was wondering if I would be able to make my pilgrimage. I am not sure about the law on transgender people in Saudi. I present completely as male, I have a deep voice/beard/etc.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Umm Abed
06-11-2017, 06:23 PM
Having more features of a male makes you a man, so you will be treated as such, I am not sure whether you mean you had an op for gender change or not.

But I would say please consult with scholars for final say.

And I hope you consider coming back to Islam again.

happymuslim
07-25-2017, 12:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Justin387
Hello! I am a recent convert to Islam. (I have practiced for a while but I foolishly left). I have a question about making hajj. I am a transgender man. My physical sex is female, but my mind and heart are male. I believe Allah gave me this for a reason. Anyway, I was wondering if I would be able to make my pilgrimage. I am not sure about the law on transgender people in Saudi. I present completely as male, I have a deep voice/beard/etc.
Asalamualaikum sister,
You cannot change your chromosomes, nor your private parts. No mater how much hormones you take, you cannot change your sex. [emoji53]. Allah doesn't make mistakes, transition back and accept who you really are. There are females out there with beards but being male is beyond just having a beard and your physical appearance. It's on a psychological and biological level. It's best if you return back to female and make hajj.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.