/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Want to work for Islam on social media

Huzaifa Naveed
01-31-2017, 12:16 PM
Yes, I want to work for Islam on social media by creating page, group on Facebook, Twitter and WhatsApp, and channel on YouTube, suggest a suitable name. thank you!!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Scimitar
01-31-2017, 02:08 PM
How can you promote Islam? Have you studied it enough to know how to deal with questions posed by intellectual non Muslims?

If not - learn how to do that first, otherwise you ARE DOING US NO FAVOURS.

Scimi

Huzaifah ibn Adam
01-31-2017, 04:58 PM
Allaah Ta`aalaa says in the Qur'aan:

قل هذه سبيلي أدعو إلى الله على بصيرة أنا ومن اتبعني

"Say (O Ambiyaa): This is my path. I call towards Allaah with Baseerah; I and those who follow me..."

The `Ulamaa have explained "Baseerah" in this Aayah as meaning `Ilm (Knowledge of Deen).

So, one of the main requirements of Da`wah is `Ilm. A person has to have `Ilm in order to give Da`wah. Otherwise, instead of guiding people, he might end up misguiding people instead, and thus ruin his own Aakhirah.

These days, there are so many people who create YouTube channels, speaking on Islaam when some of them can't even read the Kalimah. If a person is not a doctor, he will not open up a surgery. If he does, he'll get arrested. Why? Because the people take life seriously. Deen is infinitely more important. If he is not a "doctor" in Deen, then he should not open a "surgery".

There is a saying, in Farsi:

Neem Hakeem Khatre Jaan, Neem Aleem Khatre Imaan.

"Half a doctor is a danger to your life, but half an `Aalim is a danger to your Imaan."

First gain sufficient `Ilm, then give Da`wah.

والسلام

Umm Abed
02-01-2017, 12:13 PM
Realistically, shouldnt we all do some da'wah course, how do we give the right answers to supposedly difficult questions that are asked many times?

Or is it just not for everyone, and we should refer those questions to the learned ones?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
azc
02-04-2017, 03:35 PM
Invite other Muslims to join you and work as a team

Scimitar
02-04-2017, 04:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm Abed
Realistically, shouldnt we all do some da'wah course, how do we give the right answers to supposedly difficult questions that are asked many times?

Or is it just not for everyone, and we should refer those questions to the learned ones?
Dawah courses?

It's easier if you actually read the Qur'an with tafsir and then study the old and new testaments to see the comparatives. Sure, one can do a dawah course, but that doesn't mean they got what it takes to give dawah. Takes BEANS. Hot, spicy beans, made with masala.

The above method works for people of the book.

What if you are giving dawah to an atheist or agnostic?

No study of the two bibles will do your any favours here.

Instead, one has to see tackle the scientific propagations with other tools, such as philosophy, logic, types of observation which are not measured empirically etc - and present these as the inferences leading to the understanding that a Creator must exist.

What if you are dealing with people who are religious but not from the people of the book nor are they atheist or agnostic? For example, the Hindu? You'll have to know what their inferences are and tackle them using their own book(s) - take a lot of reading.

Dawah courses I find, gear towards a particular belief system such as Christianity in order to present the theological flaws within. If you did a course in dawah for Christians, you won't be prepped for dawah with atheists/agnostics, Jews and people of other faiths.

Scimi

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.