/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Staying up on weekends to pray fajr and tahajjud

Mustafa16
02-05-2017, 03:54 AM
should i stay up on every non-school night, up until fajr, so i can pray fajr and not miss it? because my medication makes me sleepy, and my doctor doesn't want to lower the dosage right away, (but she is planning on lowering the dosage of my risperdal, but only gradually), and I have a hard time getting up in the mornings for fajr except on school days when my mother wakes me up....tomorrow is sunday, where i live, and it is saturday night, so should i stay up all night so i can pray fajr? my father warned me not to do this because he says that ill get my sleeping schedule messed up, and ill end up missing school my oversleeping....

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
azc
02-05-2017, 04:01 AM
Consistency in good deeds is praiseworthy in Islam.

talibilm
02-05-2017, 04:02 AM
:sl:

No you must sleep VERY EARLY & GET UP for Fajr . Thajjudh you can make it when you health is better inshallah & you will not afford to miss your fajr due to walking up to thajjudh. Or thajjudh can also be prayed before half an hour before subuh sadiq or the end of fasting sohar meals.

Praying fajr prayer only with Jamat (not fajr fard itself) in the masjid is better than praying nafl salah all night long was the Opinion of our Calipha Umar :ra:

Mustafa16
02-05-2017, 04:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by azc
Consistency in good deeds is praiseworthy in Islam.
are you saying it's a good idea?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
azc
02-05-2017, 05:15 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mustafa16
are you saying it's a good idea?
of course yes, but slow and steady is preferable

Ummshareef
02-05-2017, 01:43 PM
Couldn't you get your mother to wake you for fajr at the weekend as well as during school days? Either way, it is important that you keep to your prescribed medication and also that you get a good amount of rest, so, as stated above, getting to bed early is the key.

noraina
02-05-2017, 01:58 PM
Assalamu alaykum,

I understand it can be frustrating trying to get up for Fajr, but staying up so late is not a good idea. Sleep is so important for your health, as it taking your medications. You just need to work on involving the prayers in your lifestyle in such a way that they become a natural part of your routine you don't have to make an 'effort' for.

There are so many practical tips.

1. Of course, going to bed early. I make sure I'm in bed by 10 pm - that way my performance the next day has never been affected.

2. Try to get someone in your family to wake you up, or a brother you know well. Here we call it 'Fajr buddies' someone will call their 'buddy' and vice versa to wake up for fajr - it does work.

3. Set multiple alarms, like five minutes after the other. And put your alarm in a place where you have to get up to switch it off - you'd have done the hardest part, actually getting out of bed.

And after a couple of months it'll become a habit for you inshaAllah - I sometimes wake up before the alarm now, and before I had real trouble getting up for fajr at all.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.