/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Side question about tafsir?

TDWT
02-06-2017, 08:21 PM
, I just had a small question on tafsir. Regarding these two narrations about an ayat for example, I read this:

وقال آخرون: بل شبهن بالبيض الذي يحضنه الطائر، فهو إلى الصفرة، فشبه بياضهن في الصفرة بذلك. * ذكر من قال ذلك: حدثني يونس، قال: أخبرنا ابن وهب، قال: قال ابن زيد، في قوله ( كَأَنَّهُنَّ بَيْضٌ مَكْنُونٌ ) قال: البيض الذي يكنه الريش، مثل بيض النعام الذي قد أكنه الريش من الريح، فهو أبيض إلى الصفرة فكأنه يبرق، فذلك المكنون. وقال آخرون: بل عنى بالبيض في هذا الموضع: اللؤلؤ، وبه شبهن في بياضه وصفائه.
and here, narrated by the same person who mentioned what this person also said:
حدثني يونس قال : أخبرنا ابن وهب قال : قال ابن زيد في قوله : ( كأنهن الياقوت والمرجان ) قال : كأنهن الياقوت في الصفاء ، والمرجان في البياض . الصفاء : صفاء الياقوتة ، والبياض : بياض اللؤلؤ .

Now notice that these two are narrated by the same person who mentions what this person said. I asked a.k hoosen and he said a persons interpretation can change from time to time. However, I didn't give him the full context as shown here, so I was asking in regards to tafsir seeing as you've studied a lot, when do you know if someones opinion has changed if there is a way to tell or something. I don't think ibn zayd changed his opinion but I dunno.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
talibilm
02-06-2017, 10:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by TDWT
, I just had a small question on tafsir. Regarding these two narrations about an ayat for example, I read this:

وقال آخرون: بل شبهن بالبيض الذي يحضنه الطائر، فهو إلى الصفرة، فشبه بياضهن في الصفرة بذلك. * ذكر من قال ذلك: حدثني يونس، قال: أخبرنا ابن وهب، قال: قال ابن زيد، في قوله ( كَأَنَّهُنَّ بَيْضٌ مَكْنُونٌ ) قال: البيض الذي يكنه الريش، مثل بيض النعام الذي قد أكنه الريش من الريح، فهو أبيض إلى الصفرة فكأنه يبرق، فذلك المكنون. وقال آخرون: بل عنى بالبيض في هذا الموضع: اللؤلؤ، وبه شبهن في بياضه وصفائه.
and here, narrated by the same person who mentioned what this person also said:
حدثني يونس قال : أخبرنا ابن وهب قال : قال ابن زيد في قوله : ( كأنهن الياقوت والمرجان ) قال : كأنهن الياقوت في الصفاء ، والمرجان في البياض . الصفاء : صفاء الياقوتة ، والبياض : بياض اللؤلؤ .

Now notice that these two are narrated by the same person who mentions what this person said. I asked a.k hoosen and he said a persons interpretation can change from time to time. However, I didn't give him the full context as shown here, so I was asking in regards to tafsir seeing as you've studied a lot, when do you know if someones opinion has changed if there is a way to tell or something. I don't think ibn zayd changed his opinion but I dunno.

:sl:

It will be better if you quote verses numbers of the said verses. Though I do not understand arabic (can read ) but still we may inshallah try it.

Opinions can change as per the receipt of knowledge or an abrogation proof from sahih hadith.

TDWT
02-06-2017, 11:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by talibilm
:sl:

It will be better if you quote verses numbers of the said verses. Though I do not understand arabic (can read ) but still we may inshallah try it.

Opinions can change as per the receipt of knowledge or an abrogation proof from sahih hadith.
The verses are quran 37:49 and quran 55:58 in order. I have noticed that many scholars of have this opinion.

talibilm
02-07-2017, 01:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by TDWT
The verses are quran 37:49 and quran 55:58 in order. I have noticed that many scholars of have this opinion.

I wish somebody more knowledgeable also having mastery in Arabic deal with this but I normally avoid to go into deep in minute details of the description of hoor (women of jannah) since there remains a LOT OF PONDERING to be done on other verses of most Importance where ALLAH swt REALLY wants us to ponder. Since I have dealt here a little let me try this just using this

http://corpus.quran.com/wordbyword.j...er=37&verse=49

http://corpus.quran.com/wordbyword.j...er=55&verse=58

They ought to differ because they are speaking clear cut about different characteristics of the houris . Sura 37 :49 speaks about their being guarded ( the prestige) inside and outside of an Egg. internally by layers externally by its parent . Anything more guarded enhances its importance and beauty as well and also shows the spouse of jannati will be protected and kept ONLY FOR HIM (the rightful owner)

Sura 55:49 speaks specifically about their beauty , may be those times rubies & corals were well known for the beauty

Tafsir ibn abbas also infers about these two different descriptions .

Allah knows the best.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.