/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Explanation of Hazrat Ml. Shah Hakeem Akhtar (RA)'s poem, Ye Subhe Madina

Islaahi Advices
02-07-2017, 04:55 PM
Hazrat Ml. Shah Hakeem Akhtar رحمة الله عليه mentions in His poem, Ye subhe Madina that how beautiful are the mornings in Madina, How beautiful are the evenings in Madina…glad tidings to you for your stay in Madina! Here, Hazrat is highlighting how every moment in Madina munawarah is a special moment, which we should treasure by spending it in worship. Sometimes when we see others doing wrong there, we get carried away by entertaining ill thoughts of them.

Hazrat Ml. Yunus Patel رحمة الله عليه used to say that sometimes we go to Makkah mukaramah and we see someone sinning close to the Kabah. Out of shock, we go back and tell everyone what we saw. In the interim, this person has repented and has become a wali (I.e friend of Allah), whilst we are losing our good deeds by thinking ill of them. Hazrat Ml. Mazhar حفظه الله mentioned that we don’t know if we will get the opportunity to see these blessed lands again. So while we are there, we must make the most of it. Don’t waste it away.

Hazrat Ml. Shah Hakeem Akhtar رحمة الله عليه then says, “How would a person intoxicated in worldly wine know, the condition of a person enjoying the euphoria of Madina? Every step you take in the streets of Madina, you should keep in mind the honour of Madina. Kingdomship will be of no value, for the one who receives an invitation to Madina” – In a khanqah, the Shaikh passes around the goblet of love for Allah. As people drink, they become intoxicated in the love of Allah and Nabi صلي الله عليه وسلم. So Hazrat Ml. Mazhar حفظه الله explained that if this is the case with the khanqah, then how strong must the intoxication of Madina Munawarah be? Just imagine – the Mashaikh and all their silsilas go up to Nabi صلي الله عليه وسلم. So all the noor that is generated from the teachings and institutes of our mashaikh, is actually coming from Madinah Munawarah. If we benefit there, then how great must the benefit be, in Madinah Munawarah?
The sukoon we experience and the strength to make extra ibaadah in madinah, is all due to the barakah there. Though deen began in Makkah, madina is where it all flourished, and thus, our amal can flourish there too, provided we honour the sanctity of Madina.

Nowadays, hearts change by the roza of Nabi صلي الله عليه وسلم. Back in the days when Nabi صلي الله عليه وسلم would look at people, His heart was filled with noor and His eyes filled with love. But those who came without a container to fill with love for Allah, didn’t feel or notice it. But the ones who bought Iman and had a container in their hearts ready to be filled with love, one gaze of Nabi صلي الله عليه وسلم would instantly change their status from an average muslim to a special Sahabi. So how strong must that gaze be?

A Sahabi once said that I went to Nabi صلي الله عليه وسلم and sought permission to commit zina. This Sahabi was a new Muslim therefore, he didn’t understand how wrong this act is. He said that I need permission; I won’t be able to abstain from this. In response, Nabi صلي الله عليه وسلم didn’t shout, rather, Nabi صلي الله عليه وسلم explained nicely, that how would you feel if someone was to commit zina with your sister, daughter or mother? If I give you permission, isn’t the lady someone’s sister, daughter or mother? So how can this be acceptable? Nabi صلي الله عليه وسلم placed His Mubarak hand on the chest of this sahabi, and then the Sahabi understood the gravity of this sin. Years later, when He narrates this incident, he says that it is as if I can still feel the coolness of the hand of Nabi صلي الله عليه وسلم upon my chest. Since then I have never even thought about zina, let alone commit it.

They had sincerity. Nowadays many youngsters complain that they have certain weaknesses. When we advise that if you’re viewing explicit material then give up your phone, then he says that no, I can’t. I need to use my phone regularly for whatsapp e.t.c. So we are not really sincere in giving up the sin, otherwise, we would’ve stayed far away from that which leads us to sin in the first place. This is why drug addicts undergo years of rehabilitation, only to return back to drugs. Why? Because they can’t give up the bad company which tempted them to take drugs in the first place.

So we need to be sincere. And once we are, then when we go to Madina it will really transform us; we will come back different people. Nabi صلي الله عليه وسلم is alive in the grave. Nabi صلي الله عليه وسلم mentioned himself that whoever is to visit the roza Mubarak, it is as though he visited me in my lifetime. When a person makes Salam, Nabi صلي الله عليه وسلم responds. Salam is, in essence, a dua…so how much noor must there be in that dua? When Nabi responds to our Salam, aren’t we recipient of the dua of Nabi صلي الله عليه وسلم at that time?

And what is the effect of such a dua?

Well, Abu Hurairah رضي الله عنه tried for a long time to bring His mother to accept Islam, but she was not accepting. One day as He left the home, some harsh words were exchanged. So He begins to wonder that when will this mother of mine, be guided towards deen? So He asked Nabi صلي الله عليه وسلم to make dua for her. As soon as Nabi صلي الله عليه وسلم made dua, Abu Hurairah رضي الله عنه sprinted home. The Sahaaba رضي الله عنهم saw this, so after some time they asked Abu Hurairah رضي الله عنه that why were you running so fast? He replied that I was checking – would Abu Hurairah رضي الله عنه reach first, or would the dua of Nabi صلي الله عليه وسلم reach first? The dua of Nabi صلي الله عليه وسلم reached first.

In other words, she was ready to accept Islam. So can you imagine the effect of the dua of Nabi صلي الله عليه وسلم? And despite our sins, we are blessed with an opportunity to be recipients of this Salam. We may have to pay to enter these holy lands, but can we ever put a price tag on just one Salam? Hazrat Ml. Shah Hakeem Akhtar رحمة الله عليه then ends the poem by saying, “Where are you searching for peace and contentment? Peace and contentment you will find in the system of Madina! May you be free from all worries Akhtar, this is for the one who becomes a slave of Madina.” – This refers to following the Sunnah, which is only path to eternal peace and contentment. And once we become a true ummati and slave of Allah, contentment with decree will enter the heart, causing the worries of this worldly life to fade away into oblivion.

May Allah allow us to continue visiting and benefiting from Madinah Munawarah until our last breath, Aameen.

(The above is an extract from a lecture delivered by Hazrat Maulana Dawood Seedat حفظه الله. To view the original/similar articles, please visit www.islaahiadvices.com.)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.