/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Perspective of people witnessing family members have committed suicide.

Simple_Person
02-17-2017, 07:51 AM
As-salamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,

I have the feeling that this is a topic with a heavy load, but as a person who want to understand people who have experienced such a tragedy within their family, i decided to open this topic.

I want to know what kind of feelings or thoughts dwell within those families during the time and even years after. Also i am wondering how do people still look at themselves if they think they somehow blame themselves for a brother, sister, mother, father or even son or daughter that has committed suicide and where do they base their self blame on?

I myself have reached a stage in my own life, that i can let people very easily go, despite knowing them even for years. Although i have not experienced that the people i know no longer live and thus they so to say let me go instead me them, but i have pondered about it and every time somehow this comes to my mind "ina lilahi wa ina ilayhi raji3oen".

So now is the question, besides wanting to know about it and understanding it, are there more reasons for me to open this topic? Well a friend of mine, years back lost a brother that committed suicide. I have the feeling that he somehow expected more from me during that time, although i myself was lost in my own struggle in life and lacking social skills to handle when there is a case of death. He sometimes very briefly showed to me in his talks, that he no longer has friends but would only do everything for his own family, although even not rest of his family like youngest brother, or mother or father but only his other younger brother.

Do people who have witnessed such a tragedy ever think of maybe the people near them have their own struggles and you cannot expect what you want them to expect to do or to say. Even years later that they maybe change their mind and understand that people have their struggles and not to expect from people in the first place.

Also how does this change somebodies mentality in the future? Do they take this self blame with them for the rest of their life? Do they somehow become bitter to humanity? and off course i have a lot more questions regarding this.

You can off course respond, do keep in mind people might read your comment and respond to your comment that MAYBE are ignorant and may say something that is hurtful. You can comment if you want, you can also contact me through Private Messages. However, if you do not want to comment or have any contact with me regarding this, i would say if you still might walk with such a heavy load start pondering and if possible really close this story for yourself. This only causes a lot of hurt and a rope for sheytan to work with.

Jazakallahu khairan for taking the time to read this piece of text and at least if you like me never thought about it before, that it might be something to keep in mind.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.